Ping: Carla A-G

Superclydesdale

Guest
Carla

I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very tempted to throw my SS on top
of the car. Would you and Jim be available to show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in
the City with me?

I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.

Please advise.

Mark aka SuperClydesdale

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Carla
>
> I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very tempted to throw my SS on
> top of the car. Would you and Jim be available
> show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in the City with me?
>
> I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Mark aka SuperClydesdale

Ugh! Mark, we'll be away on vacation that week :-( . It would have been our pleasure to host some
riding around our parts if we were to be here at that time.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> > I am going to be visiting my sister in Brooklyn over xmas, and am very tempted to throw my SS on
> > top of the car. Would you and Jim be
available
> > show me some of your trails, or better yet, ride in the City with me?
> >
> > I am going to be in NYC from 12/24 - 12/321.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Mark aka SuperClydesdale
>
> Ugh! Mark, we'll be away on vacation that week :-( . It would have been
our
> pleasure to host some riding around our parts if we were to be here at
that
> time.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a Minnesotan around NYC on a
singlespeed, please let me know.

Cheers mark

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a Minnesotan around NYC on a
> singlespeed, please let me know.

Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest rowdy of all. He'll show
you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad Corvus moved out of there.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> > Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a Minnesotan around NYC on a
> > singlespeed, please let me know.
>
> Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest rowdy of all. He'll show
> you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad Corvus moved out of there.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla

Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.

Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him, but see he is now
living upstate.

Mark

Minnesota Dudes Kick Ass!

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a Minnesotan around NYC on
> > > a singlespeed, please let me know.
> >
> > Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest rowdy of all. He'll
> > show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too
bad
> > Corvus moved out of there.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> Carla
>
> Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.
>
> Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with
him,
> but see he is now living upstate.

It's 'western'! Western New York dammit!!!

Mike - upstate... 'sheesh'! ;^)

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote

> Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him, but see he is now
> living upstate.

*Western* New York, as Herr Doktor Professor Dart has pointed out.

today on the fix and it alternated between a sunny, slightly cold day and zero-visibility blizzard
on twenty minute timescales. At least the tailwind on the way home was a godsend. The fix is so
completely silent that riding with a tailwind is positively eerie. I was blowing along effortlessly
at twenty miles an hour and there was no sound at all save for the whir of rubber on pavement. I
could hear the grass rustle in the wind. I think this is what enlightenment must be like, that
simultaneous sensation of immersion and separation.

Almost time to put away the fix for the winter, as I am more comfortable with a freewheel on ice.
The upside is that we'll be able to do offroad again once the trails freeze up. It's going to be
hard to ride all winter. I'm thinking of taking up Kendo again after a hiatus of many years.

Jimbo, nice to hear about the new SS. Do Blue Mountain. It's not that bad once you're committed ;-).

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jimbo, nice to hear about the new SS. Do Blue Mountain. It's not that bad once you're
> committed ;-).

Hell, CC, you should see the new trails they cut in there...if you've never bled from your eyes on a
ride, this will do it for you.

Oh, BTW, congrats to the lovely Jeanette for being published in Dirt Rag.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Big bummer! If you can think of any other rowdies who want to show a Minnesotan around NYC on
> > > a singlespeed, please let me know.
> >
> > Mark, ping Gordo (Supabonbon), he lives in the city and he's the biggest rowdy of all. He'll
> > show you around in the city that never sleeps. Too bad Corvus moved out of there.
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!
> >

> Carla
>
> Thanks for the 411. I'll ping Supabonbon.
>
> Yeah, too bad about Corvus. I was always hoping to ride manhattan with him, but see he is now
> living upstate.
>
> Mark
>
> Minnesota Dudes Kick Ass!

I'll just consider myself pinged. I'll be around Mark. Although that's a week of high and holy
drunkenness in these parts. I'd be happy to show you some of our local goodies. Speaking of
Hartshorne.... I think that place would be well-suited to singlespeeding. Carla, whaddaya think? /s

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll just consider myself pinged. I'll be around Mark. Although that's a week of high and holy
> drunkenness in these parts. I'd be happy to show you some of our local goodies. Speaking of
> Hartshorne.... I think that place would be well-suited to singlespeeding. Carla, whaddaya think?

That place is definitely well-suited for SSing. Last time we went there (over a year ago), we took
the geared xc bikes. Jim's bike got cursed and everything on it broke. Its a relatively easy trail,
no crazy stuff. Watch out for the hikers and dogs, there are lots of them there. Now that you've
brought it up, I have the inkling to go take a SS ride there very soon.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

supabonbon

You are located in the city and rowdy? Cool! I am dying to do a ride around the streets of
Manhattan, across some of the cool bridges, "ground zero", H&H Bagels, Central park, etc. Would also
be up for a visit to Hartshorne; I spent about 8 months of my life living in Highlands, NJ and was
planning to visit Sandy Hook while I am out East, might as well make it a riding trip.

Mmmm...... should be back on the beer (or at least red wine) by the time x-mas rolls around.

Feel free to email direct.

Mark

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'll just consider myself pinged. I'll be around Mark. Although that's a week of high and holy
> > drunkenness in these parts. I'd be happy to show you some of our local goodies. Speaking of
> > Hartshorne.... I think that place would be well-suited to singlespeeding. Carla, whaddaya think?
>
> That place is definitely well-suited for SSing. Last time we went there (over a year ago), we took
> the geared xc bikes. Jim's bike got cursed and everything on it broke. Its a relatively easy
> trail, no crazy stuff. Watch out for the hikers and dogs, there are lots of them there. Now that
> you've brought it up, I have the inkling to go take a SS ride there very soon.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Hmmm... how does Sunday strike you? /s

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hmmm... how does Sunday strike you?

We were thinking of doing a full out SS ride with Kenneth at Calverton, no geared bikes allowed.
We'll speak to him about riding Hartshorne instead and get back to you.

- CA-G

Can-Girls Kick Ass!

"SuperClydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> supabonbon
>
> You are located in the city and rowdy? Cool! I am dying to do a ride around the streets of
> Manhattan, across some of the cool bridges, "ground zero", H&H Bagels, Central park, etc. Would
> also be up for a visit to Hartshorne; I spent about 8 months of my life living in Highlands, NJ
> and was planning to visit Sandy Hook while I am out East, might as well make it a riding trip.
>
> Mmmm...... should be back on the beer (or at least red wine) by the time x-mas rolls around.
>
> Feel free to email direct.
>
> Mark

I'm more often hungry, sleepy, or drunk than rowdy, but I'll be happy to give you the dime tour.
Plus, you're in luck: http://www.times-up.org/master.php

/s