Ping: Damsel, and the roast beef advisors

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Glitter Ninja, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. "Damsel and the roast beef advisors" would be a killer name for a punk
    band.
    Anyway, Damsel: I made your prosciutto and parmesan potatoes from the
    RFC cookbook for Christmas Eve dinner and they were wonderful! Thanks
    so much for the recipe! It's going on my permanent rotation. I cannot
    wait to have the leftovers.
    Also, big thanks to everyone who helped with advice about the standing
    rib roast. The roast was terrific. The only problem is I have a ton
    leftover - the grocer had to cut one special for me, and goofed, giving
    me two 2-rib roasts instead of the one 3-rib roast I requested.
    Sammiches for everyone!

    Stacia

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:37:46 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
    Ninja) wrote:

    > "Damsel and the roast beef advisors" would be a killer name for a punk
    > band.

    Yeah, that's cool. But you better not make me lead singer. That
    would be tragic.

    > Anyway, Damsel: I made your prosciutto and parmesan potatoes from the
    > RFC cookbook for Christmas Eve dinner and they were wonderful! Thanks
    > so much for the recipe! It's going on my permanent rotation. I cannot
    > wait to have the leftovers.

    Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I haven't made it in years. Hmmmmm...

    > Also, big thanks to everyone who helped with advice about the standing
    > rib roast. The roast was terrific. The only problem is I have a ton
    > leftover - the grocer had to cut one special for me, and goofed, giving
    > me two 2-rib roasts instead of the one 3-rib roast I requested.
    > Sammiches for everyone!

    Sammiches? What's wrong with wrapping the leftovers up and mailing
    them to me?

    Carol

  3. Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:37:46 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
    > Ninja) wrote:
    >

    >> "Damsel and the roast beef advisors" would be a killer name for a punk
    >>band.

    > Yeah, that's cool. But you better not make me lead singer. That
    > would be tragic.

    would be appropriate for a punk band :)

    --

    saerah

    http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

    -Baruch Spinoza

    -Douglas Adams

  4. On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:23:57 GMT, sarah bennett
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:37:46 +0000 (UTC), [email protected] (Glitter
    > > Ninja) wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Damsel and the roast beef advisors" would be a killer name for a punk
    > >>band.

    > > Yeah, that's cool. But you better not make me lead singer. That
    > > would be tragic.

    > would be appropriate for a punk band :)

    You've obviously never been around me on karaoke night. Heehee! I
    have a range of about 3 notes.

    Carol, who has two songs (We'll Sing in the Sunshine and Downtown)

  5. Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:23:57 GMT, sarah bennett
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    >>> Yeah, that's cool. But you better not make me lead singer. That
    >>> would be tragic.

    >> would be appropriate for a punk band :)

    > You've obviously never been around me on karaoke night. Heehee! I
    > have a range of about 3 notes.
    >
    > Carol, who has two songs (We'll Sing in the Sunshine and Downtown)

    That's 4 notes more than I have.

  6. On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:38:37 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > >
    > > You've obviously never been around me on karaoke night. Heehee! I
    > > have a range of about 3 notes.

    > That's 4 notes more than I have.

    Oh my, that *is* scary! We'll have you play the tambourine.

    Carol

  7. Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:38:37 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >>> You've obviously never been around me on karaoke night. Heehee! I
    >>> have a range of about 3 notes.

    >> That's 4 notes more than I have.

    > Oh my, that *is* scary! We'll have you play the tambourine.
    >
    > Carol

    Just because my ex was black doesn't mean I have anything that vaguely
    resembles rythm either

  8. Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> writes:

    >On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:38:37 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    ><[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >> >
    >> > You've obviously never been around me on karaoke night. Heehee! I
    >> > have a range of about 3 notes.

    >> That's 4 notes more than I have.

    >Oh my, that *is* scary! We'll have you play the tambourine.

    How about the cowbell?

    Stacia
    needs more... nevermind

  9. On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 04:25:41 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > > On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:38:37 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> That's 4 notes more than I have.

    > > Oh my, that *is* scary! We'll have you play the tambourine.
    > >

    > Just because my ex was black doesn't mean I have anything that vaguely
    > resembles rythm either

    Okay, you can make the chickens.

    Carol

  10. Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 04:25:41 -0600, Mr Libido Incognito
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    >>> Oh my, that *is* scary! We'll have you play the tambourine.
    >>>

    >> Just because my ex was black doesn't mean I have anything that vaguely
    >> resembles rythm either

    > Okay, you can make the chickens.
    >
    > Carol

    Urmmm?!!?.... Make them do what?
    Is this make a dancing chicken Handpuppet time....again?