PING Damsel-- James Beard's stuffing recipe

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Chris, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Carol,

    I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
    it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
    you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?

    Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Carol,
    >
    >I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
    >it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
    >you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
    >
    >Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
    >
    >Chris

    Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    I'll never make dressing any other way now.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

  3. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Carol,
    >>
    >>I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
    >>it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
    >>you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
    >>
    >>Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
    >>
    >>Chris

    >Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    >I'll never make dressing any other way now.
    >
    >Happy Thanksgiving,
    >Carol

    Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
    She mainlines the stuff. ;>

    Sue(tm)

  4. On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:01:30 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
    Sue) wrote:

    >Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
    >She mainlines the stuff. ;>

    ROFLMAO!!!!!! Actually, we usually go through less than a pound of
    butter a month, but when I do use it, I use it well. ; )

    Carol, off now to butter the top crust of her bread
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Carol,
    >>
    >>I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely
    >>at
    >>it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I
    >>am.....are
    >>you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
    >>
    >>Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
    >>
    >>Chris

    > Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    > I'll never make dressing any other way now.

    Ulp! I'll have to make this stuffing with my eyes shut, but it sounds
    great, and I will give it a try! Thanks for the last minute advice.

    Chris

  6. sf

    sf Guest

    On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    > I'll never make dressing any other way now.

    That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
    broth.

  7. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:01:30 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
    > Sue) wrote:
    >
    > >Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
    > >She mainlines the stuff. ;>

    > ROFLMAO!!!!!! Actually, we usually go through less than a pound of
    > butter a month, but when I do use it, I use it well. ; )
    >
    > Carol, off now to butter the top crust of her bread

    Damn, we're a pound or two per week here at the Tipton's! We love da
    buttah.

    kili

  8. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >
    >> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    >> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

    > That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
    > broth.

    Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts, that
    this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

  9. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
    >>> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

    >> That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
    >> broth.

    > Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts,
    > that this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

    Or maybe twice.....the stuffing was so good after I mixed it up, that it was
    in danger of never making it to the oven. I think we'll be having it at
    Christmas, too.

  10. On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:30:33 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
    >>> broth.

    >> Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts,
    >> that this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

    >Or maybe twice.....the stuffing was so good after I mixed it up, that it was
    >in danger of never making it to the oven. I think we'll be having it at
    >Christmas, too.

    It's magnificent, isn't it? I'm so glad you like it!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Carol
    --
    Wash away the gray to respond.