PING Damsel-- James Beard's stuffing recipe

Chris

Guest
Carol,

I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?

Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!

Chris

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Carol,
>
>I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
>it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
>you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
>
>Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
>
>Chris

Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
I'll never make dressing any other way now.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Carol
--
Wash away the gray to respond.

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Carol,
>>
>>I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely at
>>it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I am.....are
>>you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
>>
>>Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
>>
>>Chris

>Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
>I'll never make dressing any other way now.
>
>Happy Thanksgiving,
>Carol

Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
She mainlines the stuff. ;>

Sue(tm)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:01:30 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) wrote:

>Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
>She mainlines the stuff. ;>

ROFLMAO!!!!!! Actually, we usually go through less than a pound of
butter a month, but when I do use it, I use it well. ; )

Carol, off now to butter the top crust of her bread
--
Wash away the gray to respond.

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:57:09 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>Carol,
>>
>>I printed out the recipe you posted a while back, but didn't look closely
>>at
>>it because I didn't think I was making dinner today. But here I
>>am.....are
>>you sure there's no egg and no broth? Just massive amounts of butter?
>>
>>Happy Turkey Day (or Turkey Roll Day, I guess!) to you and Crash!!
>>
>>Chris

> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

Ulp! I'll have to make this stuffing with my eyes shut, but it sounds
great, and I will give it a try! Thanks for the last minute advice.

Chris

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
broth.

"Damsel in dis Dress" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:01:30 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
> Sue) wrote:
>
> >Be careful when taking advice from Carol about quantities of butter.
> >She mainlines the stuff. ;>

> ROFLMAO!!!!!! Actually, we usually go through less than a pound of
> butter a month, but when I do use it, I use it well. ; )
>
> Carol, off now to butter the top crust of her bread

Damn, we're a pound or two per week here at the Tipton's! We love da
buttah.

kili

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
>> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

> That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
> broth.

Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts, that
this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

> "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:07:48 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>>
>>> Yup! It is SO good! You can't go wrong with butter! Give it a try.
>>> I'll never make dressing any other way now.

>> That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
>> broth.

> Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts,
> that this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

Or maybe twice.....the stuffing was so good after I mixed it up, that it was
in danger of never making it to the oven. I think we'll be having it at
Christmas, too.

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:30:33 GMT, "Chris" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> That's the way my mother used to make dressing. Just buttah, no
>>> broth.

>> Ulp. I use so much butter in the applesauce and the brussels sprouts,
>> that this is going to be kinda scary. Oh well, once a year.

>Or maybe twice.....the stuffing was so good after I mixed it up, that it was
>in danger of never making it to the oven. I think we'll be having it at
>Christmas, too.

It's magnificent, isn't it? I'm so glad you like it!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Carol
--
Wash away the gray to respond.