Ping: Damsel Re: tuna salad

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by sf, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. sf

    sf Guest

    This recipe has been sitting on my desktop quite a while
    waiting for me to make it.... don't know where or who I
    stole it from - maybe you'll get around to making it before
    I do.

    Italian Bean and Tuna Salad

    Ingredients
    15-ounce can cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and
    drained
    6-ounce can white tuna packed in water, rinsed and drained
    1/4 to 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley OR 1 tablespoon chopped
    fresh basil
    2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

    Instructions
    In medium bowl, combine beans, tuna, onion, parsley and
    vinegar. Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with pepper.

    Yield: 6 servings

    sf

    Tags:

  2. sf <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >This recipe has been sitting on my desktop quite a while
    >waiting for me to make it.... don't know where or who I
    >stole it from - maybe you'll get around to making it before
    >I do.
    >
    >Italian Bean and Tuna Salad

    I'll make it as soon as I'm able, and if I can get Crash to approve it.
    He's even pickier than I am. There won't be any balsamic vinegar in our
    batch, though. I always feel fortunate when I find out that I don't like
    something that's expensive. :D

    Carol

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:13:18 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I always feel fortunate when I find out that I don't like
    > something that's expensive. :D

    Do you have a trader Joe's nearby? Their house brand isn't
    "expensive" and it's very good.

    sf

  4. sf <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:13:18 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I always feel fortunate when I find out that I don't like
    >> something that's expensive. :D

    >Do you have a trader Joe's nearby? Their house brand isn't
    >"expensive" and it's very good.

    We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. But I don't LIKE balsamic
    vinegar. I've bought it before and tried several times to use it, but
    neither of us care for the taste. I threw it away. There! I said it!

    Carol, grinnin'

  5. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> sf <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >>> Do you have a trader Joe's nearby? Their house brand isn't
    >>> "expensive" and it's very good.

    >> We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. But I don't LIKE
    >> balsamic vinegar. I've bought it before and tried several times to
    >> use it, but neither of us care for the taste. I threw it away.
    >> There! I said it!
    >>
    >> Carol, grinnin'

    > <gripping head with both hands and screaming> You threw it away?
    > Pitched it? The horror of it all. OMG, I would have used it on my
    > salad.
    >
    > Michael

    I know! I'm making lunch for my neighbor friends today and one ingredient
    on their list from me is BALSAMIC VINEGAR! Hard to do a homemade sweet/sour
    without it. Shrimp Kabobs, baby!

    kili

  6. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > Damsel in dis Dress <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Dog3 <[email protected];ajklsd;ajlds.nutz>, if that's their real name, wrote:
    >>
    >>> I slept like a log too. I fell asleep right after feeding Missy and
    >>> Hoot and did not wake up for 3 hours. Nice nap. Now I can't sleep.

    >> Join the club. :(
    >>
    >>> Michael <- rummaging for a snack

    >> I have some coconut cake here, that I made for Valentine's Day
    >> dessert.
    >>
    >> Carol

    > I'm munching on some smoked gouda and Trisket crackers. I'm also
    > eyeballing some smoked oysters I have in the pantry.
    >
    > Michael

    Oh, I love smoked gouda! Can you e-mail me some?

    kili

  7. sf

    sf Guest

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:47:41 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. But I don't LIKE balsamic
    > vinegar.

    I think someone needs to send you a TJ's basalmic ("square"
    bottle) care package.

    > I've bought it before and tried several times to use it, but
    > neither of us care for the taste. I threw it away. There! I said it!

    I've heard here in rfc that there's some real crap balsamic
    on the market, but I haven't had the misfortune to buy any.

    sf

  8. sf <[email protected]>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:47:41 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> We don't have a Trader Joe's anywhere near us. But I don't LIKE balsamic
    >> vinegar.

    >I think someone needs to send you a TJ's basalmic ("square"
    >bottle) care package.

    Okay, send me a bottle, and I'll forward it on to Michael. ;)

    Carol

  9. Jude

    Jude Guest

    > > I'm munching on some smoked gouda and Trisket crackers. I'm also
    > > eyeballing some smoked oysters I have in the pantry.
    > >
    > > Michael

    > Oh, I love smoked gouda! Can you e-mail me some?
    >
    > kili

    Try smoked gouda served on slices of Bosc pears. Yum!

    I've been getting really into good cheese/cracker/fruit combos lately.
    Aside from gouda and pears, I've made sharp cheddar on Wheat Twn House
    crackers with apples slices, and Champignon with Mushroom cheese served
    with green grapes. Also stuffed celery stalks with Saga blue and topped
    with toasted walnuts. Yummy!