Ping: Damsel



J

jmcquown

Guest
Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)

Jill
 
D

Damsel in dis Dress

Guest
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:01:07 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
>and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
>seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
>salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)


I tell ya, it's the pepperoni that makes it. Crash is a culinary
genius! Heehee!

Please let me know what you think. I *hate* split pea soup, but this
stuff is to-die-for.

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos
 
B

Boron Elgar

Guest
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:13:03 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:01:07 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>
>>Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
>>and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
>>seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
>>salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)

>
>I tell ya, it's the pepperoni that makes it. Crash is a culinary
>genius! Heehee!
>
>Please let me know what you think. I *hate* split pea soup, but this
>stuff is to-die-for.
>
>Carol



Hmmm...I, too, hate pea soup. Perhaps this is the answer.

I don't have a ham hock either, but I have the nice meaty end of a
smoked pork loin from Nodine's. I bet that'll work just fine this
weekend.

Boron
 
D

Damsel in dis Dress

Guest
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:24:18 -0500, Boron Elgar
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hmmm...I, too, hate pea soup. Perhaps this is the answer.
>
>I don't have a ham hock either, but I have the nice meaty end of a
>smoked pork loin from Nodine's. I bet that'll work just fine this
>weekend.


No ham hock required. Not even the bacon, really. I plan it as a
garnish, and eat all of it while the soup cooks. <G>

Carol
--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos