Ping: Damsel

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jmcquown, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
    and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
    seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
    salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)

    Jill

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:01:07 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
    >and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
    >seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
    >salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)

    I tell ya, it's the pepperoni that makes it. Crash is a culinary
    genius! Heehee!

    Please let me know what you think. I *hate* split pea soup, but this
    stuff is to-die-for.

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos

  3. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:13:03 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:01:07 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Making your split pea soup today, dearie! It's drizzling "freezing rain"
    >>and this seems like a perfect pot of pea soup weather. (Doesn't it always
    >>seem that way to me?) I don't have a ham hock so I'll have to fry up some
    >>salt pork for the soup. I do have pepperoni :)

    >I tell ya, it's the pepperoni that makes it. Crash is a culinary
    >genius! Heehee!
    >
    >Please let me know what you think. I *hate* split pea soup, but this
    >stuff is to-die-for.
    >
    >Carol

    Hmmm...I, too, hate pea soup. Perhaps this is the answer.

    I don't have a ham hock either, but I have the nice meaty end of a
    smoked pork loin from Nodine's. I bet that'll work just fine this
    weekend.

    Boron

  4. On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:24:18 -0500, Boron Elgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hmmm...I, too, hate pea soup. Perhaps this is the answer.
    >
    >I don't have a ham hock either, but I have the nice meaty end of a
    >smoked pork loin from Nodine's. I bet that'll work just fine this
    >weekend.

    No ham hock required. Not even the bacon, really. I plan it as a
    garnish, and eat all of it while the soup cooks. <G>

    Carol
    --

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/head_trollop/my_photos