Ping: David Cohen

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dr_Dickie, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for me (it
    can be silent, if necessary).
    I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely (4.0
    L).
    Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438

    Tags:

  2. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    >I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for me (it
    > can be silent, if necessary).
    > I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely (4.0
    > L).
    > Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with destiny.
    You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.

    And make sure the doctor doesn't use his special personal sphincter dilator
    first.

    David

  3. Justin Case

    Justin Case Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:58:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for me (it
    >> can be silent, if necessary).
    >> I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely (4.0
    >> L).
    >> Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    >Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with destiny.
    >You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.

    I know it's a ways off for me, but I dread the day my doc brings that
    up. Please tell me they sedate you first...

  4. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    "Justin Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:58:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >"Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >>I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for me

    (it
    > >> can be silent, if necessary).
    > >> I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely

    (4.0
    > >> L).
    > >> Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    > >Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with

    destiny.
    > >You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.

    > I know it's a ways off for me, but I dread the day my doc brings that
    > up. Please tell me they sedate you first...

    Yes, they do. I plan on asking for more after the first shot. The wife will
    deliver me home afterwards (sleeping face down I assume).

    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick.
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
    discoveries,
    is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!'), but rather 'hmm....that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

  5. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Justin> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:58:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
    > >> [email protected]> wrote:

    > >> "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote

    me (it

    Golytely (4.0

    > >> Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with

    destiny.
    > >> You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.

    > Justin> I know it's a ways off for me, but I dread the day my doc

    brings that
    > Justin> up. Please tell me they sedate you first...
    >
    > I have had 5. The sedation is sufficient to make it
    > a pleasant experience. The prep is far worse.
    >

    > --
    > Andrew Hall
    > (Now reading Usenet in misc.fitness.weights...)

    Yeah,
    That's what I am hearing. Golytely apparently does not "go lightly" through
    you (mostly PEG with some sodium salts to keep it isoosmotic for the ride).
    Go gosh, 4L of that crap. My wife had similar thing done a few years ago,
    but I only remember her drinking about a liter, still it hit her with the
    force of a tsunami ;-0
    I'm a bit aqua and fiber freak anywho, so I expect that it will just flush
    out mostly water.

    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick.
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
    discoveries,
    is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!'), but rather 'hmm....that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

  6. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Justin Case" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:58:33 GMT, "David Cohen"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > > >"Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote

    > (it

    > (4.0
    > > >
    > > >Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with

    > destiny.
    > > >You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.

    The deed is done.
    DAMN, I hope that is only indicated every 10 years or so. I think my doctor
    thought he was playing the GTA video game. Thank god for percocet (too much
    is not).
    Good news is the doctor did not find any polyps to run down while playing
    the game or any bleeding (my borderline anemia remains a mystery).

    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick.
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
    discoveries,
    is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!'), but rather 'hmm....that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

  7. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    >> (it

    >> (4.0

    >> destiny.
    >> >

    > The deed is done.
    > DAMN, I hope that is only indicated every 10 years or so. I think my
    > doctor
    > thought he was playing the GTA video game. Thank god for percocet (too
    > much
    > is not).

    Mmmmm...Percocet. Nectar of the Gods!!

    > Good news is the doctor did not find any polyps to run down while playing
    > the game or any bleeding (my borderline anemia remains a mystery).

    Demonic possession remains a possibility.

    David

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >> (it
    > >> (4.0

    > >> destiny.
    > >> >

    > > The deed is done.
    > > DAMN, I hope that is only indicated every 10 years or so. I think my
    > > doctor
    > > thought he was playing the GTA video game. Thank god for percocet (too
    > > much
    > > is not).

    > Mmmmm...Percocet. Nectar of the Gods!!
    >
    > > Good news is the doctor did not find any polyps to run down while playing
    > > the game or any bleeding (my borderline anemia remains a mystery).

    > Demonic possession remains a possibility.
    >
    > David

    'scopes can't check the small bowel...
    Has he had the delightful experience of a barium swallow? ;-P
    --
    Om.

  9. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    >>> (it
    >>> (4.0

    >>> destiny.
    >>> >

    >> The deed is done.
    >> DAMN, I hope that is only indicated every 10 years or so. I think my
    >> doctor
    >> thought he was playing the GTA video game. Thank god for percocet (too
    >> much
    >> is not).

    > Mmmmm...Percocet. Nectar of the Gods!!
    >
    >> Good news is the doctor did not find any polyps to run down while playing
    >> the game or any bleeding (my borderline anemia remains a mystery).

    > Demonic possession remains a possibility.

    I had not thought of it.

    But our esteemed Dr Dickie does brag about poking folks with pointy sticks.

    Could this be a side effect of this pointy stick poking??

    Ya know, unique diseases of excortists, that sort of thing.

  10. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >> (it
    > >> (4.0

    > >> destiny.
    > >> >

    > > The deed is done.
    > > DAMN, I hope that is only indicated every 10 years or so. I think my
    > > doctor
    > > thought he was playing the GTA video game. Thank god for percocet (too
    > > much
    > > is not).

    > Mmmmm...Percocet. Nectar of the Gods!!
    >
    > > Good news is the doctor did not find any polyps to run down while

    playing
    > > the game or any bleeding (my borderline anemia remains a mystery).

    > Demonic possession remains a possibility.
    >
    > David

    While anything is possible, I am simply happy that that "avenue" of
    investigation is closed.
    Perhaps I should lay off the leaches for a while.
    --
    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
    Poking kooks with a pointy stick.
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
    discoveries,
    is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!'), but rather 'hmm....that's funny...'"
    - Isaac Asimov

  11. Deb

    Deb Guest

    Dr_Dickie wrote:
    > I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for

    me (it
    > can be silent, if necessary).
    > I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely

    (4.0
    > L).
    > Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    It's probably too late to tell you this, but...

    I have a colonoscopy every single year (UC). I have had, to date, 13
    colonoscopies.

    People in the know do NOT use GoLytely. I told my doctor the very
    first time I tried it (note, I said "tried" as I did not finish it)
    that I refused to ever use it again.

    Since then, I have had successful results with any of the following
    preps:

    Citrate of Magnesia (two bottles of lemon flavor, icy cold, guzzled
    fast)
    Visicol Tablets with lots of water (developed an aversion after 4 years
    of that)
    Fleet PhosphoSoda (first got permission from the doc to try this on my
    13th procedure just one month ago) - this is the best prep yet. For
    the first time EVER, I finished all the prep. You only have to drink 3
    ounces of stuff, total. It does NOT require a prescription and costs
    very little, too.

    Anyway, I hope your procedure went well regardless.

  12. Deb

    Deb Guest

    Justin Case wrote:>
    > I know it's a ways off for me, but I dread the day my doc brings that
    > up. Please tell me they sedate you first...

    They tell you to turn on your left side, and then they immediately
    sedate you. You know NOTHING.

    The next thing you remember, you're back in recovery, being helped to
    get off your gurney.

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Deb" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Justin Case wrote:>
    > > I know it's a ways off for me, but I dread the day my doc brings that
    > > up. Please tell me they sedate you first...

    > They tell you to turn on your left side, and then they immediately
    > sedate you. You know NOTHING.
    >
    > The next thing you remember, you're back in recovery, being helped to
    > get off your gurney.

    Lucky you. :p
    I had to stay awake because I had to drive myself home...
    There was no one to help me out with that.

    Damn that thing hurt, but I was pretty ill too.

    Turns out I had C. difficile.

    I _did_ get a single shot of Demerol, but I was not that impressed.
    --
    Om.

  14. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    David Cohen wrote:
    > "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for
    >> me (it can be silent, if necessary).
    >> I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for
    >> Golytely (4.0 L).
    >> Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    > Dude! I turned 50 last November!! I still haven't made my date with
    > destiny. You are a brave man. Good luck. Don't post jpegs.
    >
    > And make sure the doctor doesn't use his special personal sphincter
    > dilator first.
    >
    > David

    Is that what they call a butt plug?
    --
    -Larry

  15. Dr_Dickie

    Dr_Dickie Guest

    "Deb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dr_Dickie wrote:
    > > I call upon the atheist Jew to break his vow and offer a prayer for

    > me (it
    > > can be silent, if necessary).
    > > I turned 50 this year, and I just filled my prescription for Golytely

    > (4.0
    > > L).
    > > Friday, I have a date with destiny. My god have mercy on my soul.

    > It's probably too late to tell you this, but...
    >
    > I have a colonoscopy every single year (UC). I have had, to date, 13
    > colonoscopies.
    >
    > People in the know do NOT use GoLytely. I told my doctor the very
    > first time I tried it (note, I said "tried" as I did not finish it)
    > that I refused to ever use it again.
    >
    > Since then, I have had successful results with any of the following
    > preps:
    >
    > Citrate of Magnesia (two bottles of lemon flavor, icy cold, guzzled
    > fast)
    > Visicol Tablets with lots of water (developed an aversion after 4 years
    > of that)
    > Fleet PhosphoSoda (first got permission from the doc to try this on my
    > 13th procedure just one month ago) - this is the best prep yet. For
    > the first time EVER, I finished all the prep. You only have to drink 3
    > ounces of stuff, total. It does NOT require a prescription and costs
    > very little, too.
    >
    > Anyway, I hope your procedure went well regardless.

    Believe it or not, I drink so damn much water, that my biggest problem was
    drinking the Golytely s..l..o..w..l...y like they want you to (8 oz every 5
    minutes). I could have shot the entire 4L in 20.
    They let me add some Crystal light (even came with the prescription--I love
    working for Mayo!).
    I hope that all is well these days (I do not wish that procedure on anyone).