Ping: Dean Stepper

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chris Glidden, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Do you know if they have or when they plan on opening up Aliso/Wood Canyon?
    Also, what other trails are closed right now.

    Thanks brother

    Tags:

  2. "Chris Glidden" <chris_gl[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Do you know if they have or when they plan on opening up Aliso/Wood
    > Canyon? Also, what other trails are closed right now.
    >
    > Thanks brother

    I stopped by El Moro yesterday and the rangers said not this weekend maybe
    next week for El Moro, Laguna Wilderness and Aliso Woods.

    I have been riding the Santa Ana's and the lower San Gabriel's. Highway 2
    is back open so it will be Strawberry Peak and/or Chilao (Three Peaks Loop)
    this weekend...I don't know how much snow is up there.

  3. JD

    JD Guest

    Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    > I have been riding the Santa Ana's

    I didn't see you nor anyone else on a bicycle yesterday. I was looking
    for that little leg-latch dude who called me a liar though.

    JD

  4. "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Do you know if they have or when they plan on opening up Aliso/Wood
    >> Canyon? Also, what other trails are closed right now.
    >>
    >> Thanks brother
    >>

    > I stopped by El Moro yesterday and the rangers said not this weekend maybe
    > next week for El Moro, Laguna Wilderness and Aliso Woods.
    >
    > I have been riding the Santa Ana's and the lower San Gabriel's. Highway 2
    > is back open so it will be Strawberry Peak and/or Chilao (Three Peaks
    > Loop) this weekend...I don't know how much snow is up there.

    Thanks Dean. Any word on Whiting? I was thinking of doing a couple laps
    out there this weekend if the locals were closed.

    cg

  5. "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Do you know if they have or when they plan on opening up Aliso/Wood
    >>> Canyon? Also, what other trails are closed right now.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks brother
    >>>

    >> I stopped by El Moro yesterday and the rangers said not this weekend
    >> maybe next week for El Moro, Laguna Wilderness and Aliso Woods.
    >>
    >> I have been riding the Santa Ana's and the lower San Gabriel's. Highway
    >> 2 is back open so it will be Strawberry Peak and/or Chilao (Three Peaks
    >> Loop) this weekend...I don't know how much snow is up there.
    >>

    > Thanks Dean. Any word on Whiting? I was thinking of doing a couple laps
    > out there this weekend if the locals were closed.
    >
    > cg

    Whitting is suppose to have some stuff open this weekend. My guess is will
    not be the good stuff like Cactus and Serrano Cow Trail.

  6. "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    >> I have been riding the Santa Ana's

    > I didn't see you nor anyone else on a bicycle yesterday. I was looking
    > for that little leg-latch dude who called me a liar though.
    >
    > JD

    What leg latcher are you referring to?

  7. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have been riding the Santa Ana's

    >>I didn't see you nor anyone else on a bicycle yesterday. I was looking
    >>for that little leg-latch dude who called me a liar though.
    >>
    >>JD
    >>

    > What leg latcher are you referring to?

    I believe he means this fun little blast from the not-so-distant past:

    http://tinyurl.com/54ymp

    LOL! This is gonna get good! JD, don't forget to bring the camera for
    the before and after photos.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  8. Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    >
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>> I didn't see you nor anyone else on a bicycle yesterday. I was looking
    >>> for that little leg-latch dude who called me a liar though.
    >>>
    >>> JD
    >>>

    >> What leg latcher are you referring to?
    >>

    > I believe he means this fun little blast from the not-so-distant past:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/54ymp
    >
    > LOL! This is gonna get good! JD, don't forget to bring the camera for
    > the before and after photos.

    I've ridden with JD and I've ridden with Tam
    (terminaut) and Andy (aka Rut).

    Much ado about nothing IMO.

  9. "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >>>I didn't see you nor anyone else on a bicycle yesterday. I was looking
    >>>for that little leg-latch dude who called me a liar though.
    >>>
    >>>JD
    >>>

    >> What leg latcher are you referring to?

    > I believe he means this fun little blast from the not-so-distant past:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/54ymp
    >
    > LOL! This is gonna get good! JD, don't forget to bring the camera for
    > the before and after photos.
    >
    > --
    > o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    > www.schnauzers.ws

    Ah yes, I remember that one!

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:16:24 -0800, Dean A. Stepper
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> I stopped by El Moro yesterday and the rangers said not this weekend
    >>> maybe next week for El Moro, Laguna Wilderness and Aliso Woods.
    >>>
    >>> I have been riding the Santa Ana's and the lower San Gabriel's.
    >>> Highway
    >>> 2 is back open so it will be Strawberry Peak and/or Chilao (Three Peaks
    >>> Loop) this weekend...I don't know how much snow is up there.
    >>>

    >> Thanks Dean. Any word on Whiting? I was thinking of doing a couple
    >> laps
    >> out there this weekend if the locals were closed.
    >>
    >> cg
    >>

    > Whitting is suppose to have some stuff open this weekend. My guess is
    > will
    > not be the good stuff like Cactus and Serrano Cow Trail.

    I attempted Cactus after the previous storm... never saw it so ugly and
    unridable. There was 2'x3' ravine running down the middle of it. Of
    course, being a stubborn dumbass, I still had to try it :-(

    --
    Slacker

  11. "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> I stopped by El Moro yesterday and the rangers said not this weekend
    >>> maybe next week for El Moro, Laguna Wilderness and Aliso Woods.
    >>>
    >>> I have been riding the Santa Ana's and the lower San Gabriel's. Highway
    >>> 2 is back open so it will be Strawberry Peak and/or Chilao (Three Peaks
    >>> Loop) this weekend...I don't know how much snow is up there.
    >>>

    >> Thanks Dean. Any word on Whiting? I was thinking of doing a couple laps
    >> out there this weekend if the locals were closed.
    >>
    >> cg
    >>

    > Whitting is suppose to have some stuff open this weekend. My guess is
    > will not be the good stuff like Cactus and Serrano Cow Trail.

    Bloody farkin hell. I imagine the San Juan Trail is in pretty bad shape as
    well. Thanks for the info Dean.

  12. "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote >
    I attempted Cactus after the previous storm... never saw it so ugly and
    unridable. There was 2'x3' ravine running down the middle of it. Of
    course, being a stubborn dumbass, I still had to try it :-(

    --
    Slacker

    You actually made the climb to get to Cactus? Not that it's much of a climb
    but it's the Slacker we're talking about here. ;-)

  13. JD

    JD Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > > Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    > >
    > >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]

    looking

    > >> What leg latcher are you referring to?
    > >>

    > > I believe he means this fun little blast from the not-so-distant

    past:

    > > http://tinyurl.com/54ymp
    > >
    > > LOL! This is gonna get good! JD, don't forget to bring the camera

    for
    > > the before and after photos.

    > I've ridden with JD and I've ridden with Tam
    > (terminaut) and Andy (aka Rut).
    >
    > Much ado about nothing IMO.

    A tempest in a teacup. If he's half the mountain biker he claims to
    be, we'll cross paths and at least I'll have a good laugh.

    JD

  14. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:58:20 -0800, Chris Glidden
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote >
    > I attempted Cactus after the previous storm... never saw it so ugly and
    > unridable. There was 2'x3' ravine running down the middle of it. Of
    > course, being a stubborn dumbass, I still had to try it :-(

    You actually made the climb to get to Cactus? Not that it's
    much of a climb
    but it's the Slacker we're talking about here.

    Hey now, I didn't say I climbed it, did I?

    --
    Slacker

    news:eek:[email protected]
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote >
    > I attempted Cactus after the previous storm... never saw it so ugly and
    > unridable. There was 2'x3' ravine running down the middle of it. Of
    > course, being a stubborn dumbass, I still had to try it :-(

    You actually made the climb to get to Cactus? Not that it's
    much of a climb
    but it's the Slacker we're talking about here.

    Hey now, I didn't say I climbed it, did I?

    --
    Slacker

    Touche mon frer

  16. The Jester

    The Jester Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > A tempest in a teacup. If he's half the mountain biker he claims to
    > be, we'll cross paths and at least I'll have a good laugh.
    >
    > JD

    BBWWAAHHHAA