Ping: Dora from Dee

Dee Randall

Guest
A rfc'er sent me a message that you have asked me a question. I've not
seen your postings, nor have I you in a list of my blocked senders.
Sometimes this happens; I don't get Pastorio's postings either, and a few
other people. Don't know why.
Dee Dee

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:46:28 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> A rfc'er sent me a message that you have asked me a question. I've not
> seen your postings, nor have I you in a list of my blocked senders.
> Sometimes this happens; I don't get Pastorio's postings either, and a few
> other people. Don't know why.
> Dee Dee

If you have a kill file, you killed them instead of the thread....
check your filters.

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:46:28 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> A rfc'er sent me a message that you have asked me a question. I've not
>> seen your postings, nor have I you in a list of my blocked senders.
>> Sometimes this happens; I don't get Pastorio's postings either, and a
>> few
>> other people. Don't know why.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> If you have a kill file, you killed them instead of the thread....
> check your filter

Maybe it's worth clearing out your killfile and starting again Dee. Just to
be on the safe side.

Jen

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 23:46:28 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> A rfc'er sent me a message that you have asked me a question. I've not
>> seen your postings, nor have I you in a list of my blocked senders.
>> Sometimes this happens; I don't get Pastorio's postings either, and a
>> few
>> other people. Don't know why.
>> Dee Dee
>>

> If you have a kill file, you killed them instead of the thread....
> check your filters.

I don't killfile threads. I have checked my filters for Pastorio's, and he
hasn't been filtered, blocked or killfiled, but I still don't receive his
postings.
Dee Dee

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:53:30 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> I don't killfile threads. I have checked my filters for Pastorio's, and he
> hasn't been filtered, blocked or killfiled, but I still don't receive his
> postings.

That's just plain weird! Something is wrong, so do what Jen suggested
and clear your kill-files. Start from scratch. If you don't have any
filters set and still have problems getting certain posters, then your
news server is probably at fault.

"sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:53:30 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> I don't killfile threads. I have checked my filters for Pastorio's, and
>> he
>> hasn't been filtered, blocked or killfiled, but I still don't receive
>> his
>> postings.

> That's just plain weird! Something is wrong, so do what Jen suggested
> and clear your kill-files. Start from scratch. If you don't have any
> filters set and still have problems getting certain posters, then your
> news server is probably at fault.
> --

No, I don't think I'll start from scratch because I've too many blocked
senders and message rules gathered, entered, etc. that have nothing to do
with the cooking groups I belong to. They include 'deletes' and all sorts
of instructions which I've set up in my address files, too. Too many that I
never want to ever enter again in my email system. I'll have to put up with
what I have now; don't want to start anew and let all the 'garbage in'
(garbage out) again. Perhaps my news server is at fault -- perhaps me --
but I've been active in genealogy for years and this list is long and too
arduous to be redone. It will have to stand. It's not like deleting
"history" or "cookies."
Thanks for the advice, tho. My appreciation.
Dee Dee

On Sun 29 Jan 2006 12:09:51a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 00:53:30 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>>
>>> I don't killfile threads. I have checked my filters for Pastorio's,
>>> and he hasn't been filtered, blocked or killfiled, but I still don't
>>> receive his postings.

>> That's just plain weird! Something is wrong, so do what Jen suggested
>> and clear your kill-files. Start from scratch. If you don't have any
>> filters set and still have problems getting certain posters, then your
>> news server is probably at fault.
>> --

> No, I don't think I'll start from scratch because I've too many blocked
> senders and message rules gathered, entered, etc. that have nothing to
> do with the cooking groups I belong to. They include 'deletes' and all
> sorts of instructions which I've set up in my address files, too. Too
> many that I never want to ever enter again in my email system. I'll
> have to put up with what I have now; don't want to start anew and let
> all the 'garbage in' (garbage out) again. Perhaps my news server is at
> fault -- perhaps me -- but I've been active in genealogy for years and
> this list is long and too arduous to be redone. It will have to stand.
> It's not like deleting "history" or "cookies."
> Thanks for the advice, tho. My appreciation.
> Dee Dee

You might consider printing out the contents of your killfile and filter
file so that you could gradually check them and note the changes you might
want to make. I don't usually like dealing with paper, but sometimes it's
a better way to go.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun 29 Jan 2006 12:09:51a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
> Randall?
>

>> "sf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> That's just plain weird! Something is wrong, so do what Jen suggested
>>> and clear your kill-files. Start from scratch. If you don't have any
>>> filters set and still have problems getting certain posters, then your
>>> news server is probably at fault.
>>> --

>> No, I don't think I'll start from scratch because I've too many blocked
>> senders and message rules gathered, entered, etc. that have nothing to
>> do with the cooking groups I belong to. They include 'deletes' and all
>> sorts of instructions which I've set up in my address files, too. Too
>> many that I never want to ever enter again in my email system. I'll
>> have to put up with what I have now; don't want to start anew and let
>> all the 'garbage in' (garbage out) again. Perhaps my news server is at
>> fault -- perhaps me -- but I've been active in genealogy for years and
>> this list is long and too arduous to be redone. It will have to stand.
>> It's not like deleting "history" or "cookies."
>> Thanks for the advice, tho. My appreciation.
>> Dee Dee

> You might consider printing out the contents of your killfile and filter
> file so that you could gradually check them and note the changes you might
> want to make. I don't usually like dealing with paper, but sometimes it's
> a better way to go.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright o¿o

Thanks,Wayne.
Another approach in this case:
Since I've pinged Dora, I'll wait for her to answer this posting: "Ping:
Dora from Dee" or "Re: Ping: Dora from Dee." Perhaps she has ME in HER
killfile in error. :) Never the 'twain to meet.
Dee Dee