General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

ping: Hobbes - combining olympic and power lifting

Started by Will_S · · Last activity · 2 posts · 480 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 November 2005
Last activity
19 November 2005
Original author
Will_S
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
480
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hey Hobbes, if you get a chance to stop by the deepsquatter forums,
    there's a guy looking for advice on combining training for the olympic
    lifts with training for powerlifting. So far, no one's really been able
    to ffer him much help, it seems like you'd be able to really help him
    out.

    So if you're interested, look for the thread "Combining Routines" in the
    Powerlifting forum.

    Hope you're settling into the new house well.

    --
    My email address has been altered to prevent spam.
    Take the "r" out of netscrape.net.

  2. On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:10:13 -0800, Will_S <[email hidden]>
    wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    Hey Hobbes, if you get a chance to stop by the deepsquatter forums,
    there's a guy looking for advice on combining training for the olympic
    lifts with training for powerlifting. So far, no one's really been able
    to ffer him much help, it seems like you'd be able to really help him
    out.


    Hey Will! How the hell are ya? I'd stop by there but I'm banned:-)
    Anywho, a lot of what Brad Gillingham does is a combination of both
    oly lifting and powerlifting. Brad's training weighs heavily on the
    powerlifting side but he does combine the two. I'd point him to
    Brad's video at:
    http://jackalsgym.com/aspx/str_multimedia.aspx for a start. Awesome
    video BTW for a drug free lifter, although Brad's volume is probably a
    little too much for a geezer league lifter like me. I did make it
    through the six week Russian Front Squat program but I was over
    trained at the peak of the cycle...which is probably the plan.

    The best parts of the video are all the different meet t-shirts you
    see being worn by the different guys in it (his training
    partners/spotters). I have everyone of them (one of them is the 2003
    Zumbro open being worn by Jonathan Krogman. He and I competed against
    one another at that meet).

    Hehe

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.