Ping: Jason <[email protected]>

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andrew Preater, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Hi there,

    I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
    alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
    can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...

    Anyway, I see you are using the greatest newsreader known to man, the
    mighty slrn! Good choice. It seems you've also used my .slrnrc as a
    basis for your own slrn configuration - nice to know others have found
    it useful.

    The problem is that you've set slrn to use my domain (preater.com) to
    generate a Message-ID for your usenet messages (e.g.
    <[email protected]>). It may cause confusion if others
    use my domain like this, not least for me because I score up on posts
    that contain my domain in the References line. :) So, may I politely
    ask you to change it to something else.

    You can either: ask your ISP if they'll let you generate a Message-ID
    @rogers.com; choose something like localhost.invalid as a domain (not
    RFC compliant, but better than nothing); or comment out the
    posting_host line in your slrnrc and let your server generate a
    Message-ID for you.

    Cheers,

    Andrew Preater

    Tags:

  2. Jason

    Jason Guest

    * Andrew Preater <[email protected]>:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
    > alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
    > can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...

    Crap sorry about that Andrew. It should be fixed now.

    Jason

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    * Jason <[email protected]>:
    > * Andrew Preater <[email protected]il.com>:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
    >> alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
    >> can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...
    >>

    > Crap sorry about that Andrew. It should be fixed now.
    >
    > Jason

    Or rather its changed now. heh, you know when a files being access by a
    program and you save changes it doesn't matter. *sigh* I swear my users
    are dragging me to thier level.

    Jason

  4. Jason <[email protected]>:
    > Or rather its changed now. heh, you know when a files being access by a
    > program and you save changes it doesn't matter.

    Cool, thanks very much for that. :)

    Andrew