Ping: Jason <[email protected]>

Andrew Preater

Guest
Hi there,

I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...

Anyway, I see you are using the greatest newsreader known to man, the
mighty slrn! Good choice. It seems you've also used my .slrnrc as a
basis for your own slrn configuration - nice to know others have found
it useful.

The problem is that you've set slrn to use my domain (preater.com) to
generate a Message-ID for your usenet messages (e.g.
<[email protected]>). It may cause confusion if others
use my domain like this, not least for me because I score up on posts
that contain my domain in the References line. :) So, may I politely
ask you to change it to something else.

You can either: ask your ISP if they'll let you generate a Message-ID
@rogers.com; choose something like localhost.invalid as a domain (not
RFC compliant, but better than nothing); or comment out the
posting_host line in your slrnrc and let your server generate a
Message-ID for you.

Cheers,

Andrew Preater

* Andrew Preater <[email protected]>:
> Hi there,
>
> I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
> alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
> can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...

**** sorry about that Andrew. It should be fixed now.

Jason

* Jason <[email protected]>:
> * Andrew Preater <[email protected]>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I don't like using Usenet for personal communication, but the
>> alternative was to send email to [email protected] and I know how ISPs
>> can 'over-react' to these sorts of things...
>>

> **** sorry about that Andrew. It should be fixed now.
>
> Jason

Or rather its changed now. heh, you know when a files being access by a
program and you save changes it doesn't matter. *sigh* I swear my users
are dragging me to thier level.

Jason

Jason <[email protected]>:
> Or rather its changed now. heh, you know when a files being access by a
> program and you save changes it doesn't matter.

Cool, thanks very much for that. :)

Andrew