ping LSMike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by MartinM, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Just saw the (I assume ) Wednesday Night Skate take off from Hyde Park
    Corner, very slick, faster than the rest of the traffic and very well
    organised. didn't see you though. It is everything CM isn't IMHO, just
    wish I could do it ;-)

    Tags:

  2. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just saw the (I assume ) Wednesday Night Skate take off from Hyde Park
    > Corner, very slick, faster than the rest of the traffic and very well
    > organised. didn't see you though. It is everything CM isn't IMHO, just
    > wish I could do it ;-)

    Is anyone planning to do CM this year? Last year they just agreed with
    proving everything I was against.

    If I'm not wrong, LSM is Friday more than Wednesday? Not sure, just thought
    I'd stoke the fire ;)

  3. LSMike

    LSMike Guest

    MartinM wrote:
    > Just saw the (I assume ) Wednesday Night Skate take off from Hyde Park
    > Corner, very slick, faster than the rest of the traffic and very well
    > organised. didn't see you though. It is everything CM isn't IMHO, just
    > wish I could do it ;-)

    Doh, could have sworn I posted this last night!

    Hey Martin,

    Cheers for that, I think they are slick too. I wish CM could be run as
    well as any of the skates, it would probably be a much better
    advertisement for cycling, and a lot more people would likely join in.
    Less disruption to others, more cycling fun and much less of an
    unnecessary headache all round.

    On a related note, here's a good opportunity to display my latest
    non-kitchen photo:

    http://www.londonskaters.com/banners/p4190026.jpg

    My brand new full custom carbon fibre lovelies, complete with ceramic
    bearings. Full custom being that my feet were moulded with resin socks
    and the boot built to that. They're super light, very tight fitting
    and hard. Chuffed!!!!

  4. LSMike wrote:

    > My brand new full custom carbon fibre lovelies, complete with ceramic
    > bearings. Full custom being that my feet were moulded with resin
    > socks and the boot built to that. They're super light, very tight
    > fitting and hard. Chuffed!!!!

    Nice backdrop, but you could've ironed it!

  5. "elyob" <[email protected]> writes:

    > If I'm not wrong, [LS-Mike] is Friday more than Wednesday? Not sure,
    > just thought I'd stoke the fire ;)

    You're mean...

    As part of the committee of the association that supports the Friday
    (and Sunday) marshalled skates - but not speaking officially for it -
    I'd just like to point out that it's all love and fluffiness these
    days (and I really enjoyed doing the Wednesday skate last night as a
    regular ordinary skater, even if I didn't get to see Mike's new
    boots).

    Mike can no longer really be described as biased towards either side,
    having very generously run several (free!) speed training sessions
    earlier this year for marshals of both groups.

    -dan

    --
    http://coruskate.blogspot.com/ # why skate when you can talk about it instead?

  6. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Daniel Barlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "elyob" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> If I'm not wrong, [LS-Mike] is Friday more than Wednesday? Not sure,
    >> just thought I'd stoke the fire ;)

    > You're mean...
    >
    > As part of the committee of the association that supports the Friday
    > (and Sunday) marshalled skates - but not speaking officially for it -
    > I'd just like to point out that it's all love and fluffiness these
    > days (and I really enjoyed doing the Wednesday skate last night as a
    > regular ordinary skater, even if I didn't get to see Mike's new
    > boots).
    >
    > Mike can no longer really be described as biased towards either side,
    > having very generously run several (free!) speed training sessions
    > earlier this year for marshals of both groups.

    I agree, it was more paraffin that stoking the fire ... LSMike's a dude and
    needs to known as one at all times :)

    (hope that gets me out of trouble!)

  7. LSMike

    LSMike Guest

    elyob wrote:

    > I agree, it was more paraffin that stoking the fire ... LSMike's a dude and
    > needs to known as one at all times :)
    >
    > (hope that gets me out of trouble!)

    LOL, thanks, I think. ;) :p

    I have some new shiny toys, I'm well happy!!!!