Ping Mark Hickey: Habanero toruning bike?

"
There's no doubt it was a fatigue failure, but I have a hard time
believing the expansive forces at the lips of the rim would have
nearly as much effect as the cyclic stresses from the spokes passing
through the compression at the point the tire contacts the ground.
" MH

On May 3, 4:30 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Mark no here no more. Check his Web site.

> Why? Should you remember Kent State while driving your Pinto?

Reminds me of an '80s quasi-automotive joke:

"I had a harrowing drive into work today."

"Really, why?"

"All the way in, I had a Pinto in front of me and an Audi 5000 behind
me."

[email protected] wrote:
> "
> There's no doubt it was a fatigue failure, but I have a hard time
> believing the expansive forces at the lips of the rim would have
> nearly as much effect as the cyclic stresses from the spokes passing
> through the compression at the point the tire contacts the ground.
> " MH

you're so cruel.