Ping MattB - Ski Info

GeeDubb wrote:
> always though I've never skied there. usually lots of snow.
>
> weather report is predicting another bad storm for Denver this week.......
>
> Gary

They were flashing warnings during prime time TV two days ago. Don't
they have anything better to report on?

Bring it on!

I was going to hit the slopes today but I wussed out and slept. Looks
like it will have to wait until the weekend.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> always though I've never skied there. usually lots of snow.
>>
>> weather report is predicting another bad storm for Denver this
>> week.......
>>
>> Gary

> They were flashing warnings during prime time TV two days ago. Don't they
> have anything better to report on?
>
> Bring it on!
>
> I was going to hit the slopes today but I wussed out and slept. Looks
> like it will have to wait until the weekend.

after my rss ride on the 25th I'm sort of, well, sore. Knees are aching,
lower back is killing me and I still have a sore ankle from hitting a rock a
month ago and a descent on T100. I wouldn't have slept in given the chance
to go skiing, wuss! :)

where's the az snow that was supposed to be so plentiful this winter?
stupid weather predictors.....

now it's time to go to work, think I'll walk the 70 feet to the shop
now......

Gary

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Have you skied Wolf Creek? Worth the trip?

If the snow is good it's worth it.

They usually have the deepest snowpack in Co, with Monarch typically
being second. With no snowmaking they rely entirely on natural snow and
while that usually works out fine some years it's pretty dire.
The terrain is fun and varied. The area is smaller than the I70 stuff,
like Monarch.
I usually go for early season snow, like October or November and always
have fun. A couple of years ago I went over there the week before
Thanksgiving. They had a 60" base and got another 40" fresh in the two
days I was there. That was pretty awesome.
If you like hot springs check out Pagosa Springs for a soak while you;re
in the neighborhood. The Pagosa springs are really nice and right on the
river.

Matt

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Have you skied Wolf Creek? Worth the trip?

Show us pict/foto data of you skiing, plumpy.