Ping: Nancy Young and Dee Randall

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by limey, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. limey

    limey Guest

    It was a sad day at Costco today.

    No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    that.

    No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    tantalizing me, since I love lobster.

    Darn it.

    Dora
    --
    [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. limey

    limey Guest

    > No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    > tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >
    > Dora

    Disobedient fingers. Should be Blount Seafood.

    Dora

  3. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "limey" <[email protected]> wrote

    > It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >
    > No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    > that.

    Oh, no, I'm hooked on it now.

    > No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    > tantalizing me, since I love lobster.

    Maybe I should run over there now and stock up, if they have either.

    Thanks, Dora.

    nancy

  4. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >
    > No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    > that.
    >
    > No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    > tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >
    > Darn it.
    >
    > Dora
    > --
    > [email protected]

    You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
    second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
    table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

    I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

    We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
    that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
    not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.

    All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my favorite
    things that never were to return.
    Dee Dee

  5. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:48 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >>
    >> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    >> that.
    >>
    >> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    >> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >>
    >> Darn it.
    >>
    >> Dora
    >> --
    >> [email protected]
    >>

    >You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
    >second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
    >table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

    The moved it a different shelf at ours last week, so we, too thought
    it was gone. NOT!

    I had some for lunch today.

    >I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

    I came lat to this post. I had it in my hand yesterday & did not want
    to spend the money without knowing if it was any good. S'ok..it is on
    The Hub's route home.

    >We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
    >that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
    >not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.
    >
    >All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my favorite
    >things that never were to return.

    The didn't have Club Crackers yesterday, the varmints!

    Boron

  6. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:48 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >>>
    >>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    >>> that.
    >>>
    >>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    >>> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >>>
    >>> Darn it.
    >>>
    >>> Dora
    >>> --
    >>> [email protected]
    >>>

    >>You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
    >>second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
    >>table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

    > The moved it a different shelf at ours last week, so we, too thought
    > it was gone. NOT!
    >
    > I had some for lunch today.
    >
    >>I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

    > I came lat to this post. I had it in my hand yesterday & did not want
    > to spend the money without knowing if it was any good. S'ok..it is on
    > The Hub's route home.
    >>
    >>We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
    >>that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
    >>not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.
    >>
    >>All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my
    >>favorite
    >>things that never were to return.

    > The didn't have Club Crackers yesterday, the varmints!
    >
    > Boron

    I'll give it a look-see on my next trip to Costco and will be going to
    another Costco in Vienna & Manassas, VA, next week. I'd hate to miss
    another package of the Carnegie. We had it on rye & a cold dill pickle, and
    for me a bottle of non-alcoholic Buckler's beer. I was going to have it
    yesterday, but was just too full to eat. Ooops, I forgot AGAIN, cel-ray, I
    should've had, but I'll have to remember, we have a little leftover out of
    that package.

    Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
    "Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
    delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

    Dee Dee

  7. limey

    limey Guest

    "Dee Randall" wrote

    > "limey" wrote
    >> It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >>
    >> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    >> that.
    >>
    >> No Blount Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    >> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >>
    >> Darn it.
    >>
    >> Dora

    > You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
    > second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
    > table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

    I'm hoping they're just out of stock. I was going to ask one of the workers
    in control of the magic book - you know, the book which tells them what is
    in stock, what is coming in and what isn't, but they were too busy scurrying
    around elsewhere.

    > I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

    Dee Dee

    I searched through all the cases for both items. I think I can tell you in
    toto what Costco carries there! I did see a package of "lobster in
    shells", or something - each weighed 2 ounces and looked like it was packed
    in a small scallop (?) shell. I passed it up - didn't see any lobster
    lasagna.

    There was pastrami but not from the Carnegie Deli so I passed that up as
    well.

    Did buy a small turkey breast - advertised as "kettle fried, oven roasted",
    whatever that means. We'll soon find out.

    Shop on!

    Dora

  8. On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

    > It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >
    > No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    > that.
    >
    > No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    > tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >
    > Darn it.
    >
    > Dora

    Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  9. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
    >

    >> It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >>
    >> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
    >> that.
    >>
    >> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
    >> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >>
    >> Darn it.
    >>
    >> Dora

    > Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.
    >
    > --
    > Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    > ____________________
    >
    > BIOYA

    No, No, No!
    I didn't hoard these two items -- though I do wish I'd bought more than one
    double package of each.
    I only hoard after I taste-test. Some things are just too good to last!
    I still remember those mashed potatoes I was telling you about, Wayne. I do
    wish I'd hoarded those -- about 5 years' worth.
    Dee Dee

  10. serene

    serene Guest

    On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:29:27 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
    >"Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
    >delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

    We like them. We like Milton's bread, too.

    serene

  11. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "serene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:29:27 -0500, "Dee Randall"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
    >>"Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
    >>delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

    > We like them. We like Milton's bread, too.
    >
    > serene

    I'd never seen that brand before. I'll keep an eye out for the bread --
    thanks.
    Dee Dee

  12. On Fri 10 Mar 2006 07:48:20p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
    Randall?

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
    >>

    >>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
    >>>
    >>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry
    >>> for that.
    >>>
    >>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had
    >>> been tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
    >>>
    >>> Darn it.
    >>>
    >>> Dora

    >> Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Wayne Boatwright o¿o ____________________
    >>
    >> BIOYA

    > No, No, No!
    > I didn't hoard these two items -- though I do wish I'd bought more than
    > one double package of each.
    > I only hoard after I taste-test. Some things are just too good to last!
    > I still remember those mashed potatoes I was telling you about, Wayne.
    > I do wish I'd hoarded those -- about 5 years' worth.
    > Dee Dee

    Yes, I remember those potatoes and I do understand. Don't ask how much
    hand-picked natural wild rice and how many pecans I have in the freezer.
    :)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o

    BIOYA