Ping: Nancy Young and Dee Randall

limey

Guest
It was a sad day at Costco today.

No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
that.

No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
tantalizing me, since I love lobster.

Darn it.

Dora
--
[email protected]

> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>
> Dora

Disobedient fingers. Should be Blount Seafood.

Dora

"limey" <[email protected]> wrote

> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>
> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
> that.

Oh, no, I'm hooked on it now.

> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.

Maybe I should run over there now and stock up, if they have either.

Thanks, Dora.

nancy

"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>
> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
> that.
>
> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>
> Darn it.
>
> Dora
> --
> [email protected]

You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.

All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my favorite
things that never were to return.
Dee Dee

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:48 -0500, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>>
>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
>> that.
>>
>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
>> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>>
>> Darn it.
>>
>> Dora
>> --
>> [email protected]
>>

>You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
>second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
>table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

The moved it a different shelf at ours last week, so we, too thought
it was gone. NOT!

I had some for lunch today.

>I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

I came lat to this post. I had it in my hand yesterday & did not want
to spend the money without knowing if it was any good. S'ok..it is on
The Hub's route home.

>We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
>that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
>not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.
>
>All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my favorite
>things that never were to return.

The didn't have Club Crackers yesterday, the varmints!

Boron

"Boron Elgar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:48 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"limey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>>>
>>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
>>> that.
>>>
>>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
>>> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>>>
>>> Darn it.
>>>
>>> Dora
>>> --
>>> [email protected]
>>>

>>You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
>>second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
>>table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

> The moved it a different shelf at ours last week, so we, too thought
> it was gone. NOT!
>
> I had some for lunch today.
>
>>I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

> I came lat to this post. I had it in my hand yesterday & did not want
> to spend the money without knowing if it was any good. S'ok..it is on
> The Hub's route home.
>>
>>We did buy a maybe 10 days ago a lobster lasagna (I think it was called
>>that) a casserole type lasagna made pretty good noodles. But IMO, it was
>>not worthy of the price ($10.49) as the bisque and Carnegie were.
>>
>>All good things come to pass. I can still remember a couple of my
>>favorite
>>things that never were to return.

> The didn't have Club Crackers yesterday, the varmints!
>
> Boron

I'll give it a look-see on my next trip to Costco and will be going to
another Costco in Vienna & Manassas, VA, next week. I'd hate to miss
another package of the Carnegie. We had it on rye & a cold dill pickle, and
for me a bottle of non-alcoholic Buckler's beer. I was going to have it
yesterday, but was just too full to eat. Ooops, I forgot AGAIN, cel-ray, I
should've had, but I'll have to remember, we have a little leftover out of
that package.

Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
"Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" wrote

> "limey" wrote
>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>>
>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
>> that.
>>
>> No Blount Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
>> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>>
>> Darn it.
>>
>> Dora

> You caught me at the right moment, Dora. One hour ago DH and I ate our
> second portion of the 2-pack portion of Carnegi. While we were at the
> table, hesaid that he had not seen it at Costco yesterday (Winchester,VA).

I'm hoping they're just out of stock. I was going to ask one of the workers
in control of the magic book - you know, the book which tells them what is
in stock, what is coming in and what isn't, but they were too busy scurrying
around elsewhere.

> I still have the one lobster bisque container in the freezer.

Dee Dee

I searched through all the cases for both items. I think I can tell you in
toto what Costco carries there! I did see a package of "lobster in
shells", or something - each weighed 2 ounces and looked like it was packed
in a small scallop (?) shell. I passed it up - didn't see any lobster
lasagna.

There was pastrami but not from the Carnegie Deli so I passed that up as
well.

Did buy a small turkey breast - advertised as "kettle fried, oven roasted",
whatever that means. We'll soon find out.

Shop on!

Dora

On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>
> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
> that.
>
> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>
> Darn it.
>
> Dora

Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>

>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>>
>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry for
>> that.
>>
>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had been
>> tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>>
>> Darn it.
>>
>> Dora

> Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright o¿o
> ____________________
>
> BIOYA

No, No, No!
I didn't hoard these two items -- though I do wish I'd bought more than one
double package of each.
I only hoard after I taste-test. Some things are just too good to last!
I still remember those mashed potatoes I was telling you about, Wayne. I do
wish I'd hoarded those -- about 5 years' worth.
Dee Dee

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:29:27 -0500, "Dee Randall"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
>"Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
>delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

We like them. We like Milton's bread, too.

serene

"serene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:29:27 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone tried the Milton's Multi-grain crackers (at Costco). These are
>>"Original Flavor" and "No transfats." Most most importantly, they are
>>delicious! There are three 10 oz. packages in one larger box.

> We like them. We like Milton's bread, too.
>
> serene

I'd never seen that brand before. I'll keep an eye out for the bread --
thanks.
Dee Dee

On Fri 10 Mar 2006 07:48:20p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri 10 Mar 2006 01:49:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?
>>

>>> It was a sad day at Costco today.
>>>
>>> No Carnegie Delicatessen pastrami. Nancy had made me really hungry
>>> for that.
>>>
>>> No Bounty Seafood lobster bisque, which Dee mentioned and which had
>>> been tantalizing me, since I love lobster.
>>>
>>> Darn it.
>>>
>>> Dora

>> Dee probably bought it all, Dora. She hoards, you know.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright o¿o ____________________
>>
>> BIOYA

> No, No, No!
> I didn't hoard these two items -- though I do wish I'd bought more than
> one double package of each.
> I only hoard after I taste-test. Some things are just too good to last!
> I still remember those mashed potatoes I was telling you about, Wayne.
> I do wish I'd hoarded those -- about 5 years' worth.
> Dee Dee

Yes, I remember those potatoes and I do understand. Don't ask how much
hand-picked natural wild rice and how many pecans I have in the freezer.
:)

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o

BIOYA