Ping! OM!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lass Chance_2, Dec 26, 2005.

  1. Happy Holidays!
    I dont have a working email addy for you!

    You sent me several sites about plastic-covered greenhouses, which I
    SAVED....but now I cant find where the *&^%$%^ I saved them TO. Do you
    still have them? I did a SEARCH, but everything I found was MUCH more
    pricey than the ones you sent. Im ready to git me one.

    If you have em, THANKS!!!!!
    Hope yer doin good--

    Hi to all--

    LassChance

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Lass Chance_2) wrote:

    > Happy Holidays!
    > I dont have a working email addy for you!
    >
    > You sent me several sites about plastic-covered greenhouses, which I
    > SAVED....but now I cant find where the *&^%$%^ I saved them TO. Do you
    > still have them? I did a SEARCH, but everything I found was MUCH more
    > pricey than the ones you sent. Im ready to git me one.
    >
    > If you have em, THANKS!!!!!
    > Hope yer doin good--
    >
    > Hi to all--
    >
    > LassChance

    Missed ya dear! :)

    There is more than one website selling these.
    Do a Google search for "popup greenhouses".

    Here is one site, they want $275.00 for the 8'x8' like I have, but I've
    seen them as low as $240.00 and someone had an 8'x10' for $280.00 but I
    don't have that site bookmarked.

    http://www.propools.com/products/patio/greenhouses/flowerhouse.htm

    Hope this helps???

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  3. "Lass Chance_2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Happy Holidays!
    > I dont have a working email addy for you!
    >
    > You sent me several sites about plastic-covered greenhouses, which I
    > SAVED....but now I cant find where the *&^%$%^ I saved them TO. Do you
    > still have them? I did a SEARCH, but everything I found was MUCH more
    > pricey than the ones you sent. Im ready to git me one.
    >
    > If you have em, THANKS!!!!!
    > Hope yer doin good--
    >
    > Hi to all--
    >
    > LassChance

    Why not make your own? It is so much cheaper and they work so much better!
    After building a batch of my own plastic covered greenhouses, I could never

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Martin Redfoot" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Lass Chance_2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Happy Holidays!
    > > I dont have a working email addy for you!
    > >
    > > You sent me several sites about plastic-covered greenhouses, which I
    > > SAVED....but now I cant find where the *&^%$%^ I saved them TO. Do you
    > > still have them? I did a SEARCH, but everything I found was MUCH more
    > > pricey than the ones you sent. Im ready to git me one.
    > >
    > > If you have em, THANKS!!!!!
    > > Hope yer doin good--
    > >
    > > Hi to all--
    > >
    > > LassChance

    > Why not make your own? It is so much cheaper and they work so much better!
    > After building a batch of my own plastic covered greenhouses, I could never

    While I agree with your concept and had considered it myself, building
    your own is a LOT of work and very time consuming. I did not have the
    time. ;-)

    These lovlies go up in only 30 minutes and can be easily moved from
    their original location without taking them down. It's like a large dome
    tent.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  5. THANKS!!!!
    The ones I found were twice that...and UP!

    8x8 is perfect. Thanks again.
    Lass

  6. Martin...what do you use for the structual parts? can you ...give me
    some basic instructions?

    email is fine--

    Thanks
    LassChance

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Lass Chance_2) wrote:

    > THANKS!!!!
    > The ones I found were twice that...and UP!
    >
    > 8x8 is perfect. Thanks again.
    > Lass

    Hugs dear and welcome back! :)
    --
    Om.

  8. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Lass Chance_2) wrote:

    > Martin...what do you use for the structual parts? can you ...give me
    > some basic instructions?
    >
    > email is fine--
    >
    > Thanks
    > LassChance

    Standard (cheap) home made greenhouses are "hoop" type houses.
    Use PVC piping and erect them into arches, 3' to 4' apart for the "ribs"
    of the roof structure.

    Cover the whole thing with sheets of clear roll plastic.

    Wal-mart carries it.

    Rigging a proper door and windows is kinda a pain, but it can be done.
    ;-)

    Plastic will rot in the sun usually annually and have to be replaced.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  9. Martin Redfoot wrote:

    > Why not make your own? It is so much cheaper and they work so much better!
    > After building a batch of my own plastic covered greenhouses, I could never

    Yup.

    We put up permanent hoops of PVC pipe over a chunk of our garden.
    Hubby made a door for one end, a solid wall for the other end, both
    with windows for ventilation (all from scrap wood). We cover the whole
    thing with plastic.

    It's great for spring because it sits right over a chunk of our garden,
    so we start seeds right in the ground, then remove the ends and plastic
    instead of transplanting!

    Similar idea for fall, we start radicchio, mache and butterhead in that
    chunk of the garden, then add the doors and plastic to overwinter.