Ping: Pandora - or anyone else - Chestnut Honey

Pandora wrote:
> "Dee Randall" writes:
> > "This tree, once the dominant species over much of our Eastern forests,
> > was brought down by a disease."
> > http://www.munic.state.ct.us/BURLINGTON/chestnuttree.htm
> > For decades plant pathologists and breeders tried to create a
> > blight-resistant tree by crossing our own species with the resistant
> > Chinese tree, but always with unsatisfactory results. Now, advances in our
> > understanding of genetics have shown us where those early researchers went
> > wrong. More importantly, we now know what path we must take to
> > successfully breed an American chestnut with resistance to this deadly
> > invader. We now know we can have this precious tree back. (American
> > Chestnut Foundation.)"

> Do they know the name of the fungus?

Abundanza Wopinicchio Posteriosis . dagosa

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> http://www.chestnutranch.com/
>> I stand (very tall and) corrected.

> (laugh) Oh, Dee, you don't have to stand corrected,
> I was standing confused. That's all.
>
> nancy

I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!
sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with 'water'
chestnuts. LOL.
Dee Dee.

Sheldon wrote:

> Pandora wrote:
> > "Dee Randall" writes:
> > > "This tree, once the dominant species over much of our Eastern

forests,
> > > was brought down by a disease."
> > > http://www.munic.state.ct.us/BURLINGTON/chestnuttree.htm
> > > For decades plant pathologists and breeders tried to create a
> > > blight-resistant tree by crossing our own species with the resistant
> > > Chinese tree, but always with unsatisfactory results. Now, advances in

our
> > > understanding of genetics have shown us where those early researchers

went
> > > wrong. More importantly, we now know what path we must take to
> > > successfully breed an American chestnut with resistance to this deadly
> > > invader. We now know we can have this precious tree back. (American
> > > Chestnut Foundation.)"

> > Do they know the name of the fungus?

> Abundanza Wopinicchio Posteriosis . dagosa

And those pigs trained to snuffle out truffles (another fungus) FLEE from
it...

--
Best
Greg lol...

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio

> >> No opinions, we do have chestnut orchards here, anyone can
> >> google. And chestnut honey.

> > Oh! I think Dee would be very interested to hear this :)
> > Of which country are you talking about?

> United States of America, where Dee also lives.

Sometimes I think Pandora's Usenet messages take a while to get back to her
because they are delivered by SLOW - moving GALLEON...

;-)

--
Best
Greg

"Gregory Morrow"
<[email protected]> wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> United States of America, where Dee also lives.

> Sometimes I think Pandora's Usenet messages take a while to get back to
> her
> because they are delivered by SLOW - moving GALLEON...
>
> ;-)

(laugh) I try to play it straight so people don't get mad at me.

nancy

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> (laugh) Oh, Dee, you don't have to stand corrected,
>> I was standing confused. That's all.

> I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
> piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!

That's so funny. Cracked me up.

> sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with 'water'
> chestnuts. LOL.

(giggling) crunch crunch.

Get this, I just ran out to the store a little bit ago, found myself by the
honey, it's right near the bread. I was looking at the different kinds
because, hey ... how could you not after this discussion? Lots of
clover, buckwheat, whatever, no chestnut. But what do I see? From
San Francisco. Ganja (ganji?) honey. Uh ........ is that legal?
(laughing)

So, I proceeded on to get the Buy One Get One Free english
muffins, right on front, what do I see? Remember I was goofing
around about the uneven muffins a few weeks back? Right
on the front, Improved Fork-Split! No lie.

Now we know Thomas' English Muffins reads rfc. (laugh)
Thank you! (just a joke)

nancy

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> (laugh) Oh, Dee, you don't have to stand corrected,
>>> I was standing confused. That's all.

>> I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
>> piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!

> That's so funny. Cracked me up.
>
>> sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with 'water'
>> chestnuts. LOL.

> (giggling) crunch crunch.
>
> Get this, I just ran out to the store a little bit ago, found myself by
> the
> honey, it's right near the bread. I was looking at the different kinds
> because, hey ... how could you not after this discussion? Lots of
> clover, buckwheat, whatever, no chestnut. But what do I see? From
> San Francisco. Ganja (ganji?) honey. Uh ........ is that legal?
> (laughing)
>
> So, I proceeded on to get the Buy One Get One Free english
> muffins, right on front, what do I see? Remember I was goofing
> around about the uneven muffins a few weeks back? Right
> on the front, Improved Fork-Split! No lie.
>
> Now we know Thomas' English Muffins reads rfc. (laugh)
> Thank you! (just a joke)
>
> nancy

Yep! Now I'll be lookin' the aisles for Chestnut honey, too. Forever more.
I didn't read the Thomas' English Muffin thread, but I get your drift.
But Ganja? I wonder -- I did a little googlin' on it -- Hmmm -- legal? I
guess it depends on 'how much' it contains.
Only in SF -- yes, I lived there too many years to recount.
Best,
Dee Dee

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> No opinions, we do have chestnut orchards here, anyone can
>>> google. And chestnut honey.

>> Oh! I think Dee would be very interested to hear this :)
>> Of which country are you talking about?

> United States of America, where Dee also lives.

Not in Texas, I imagin :)
Pandora

> nancy

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote
>>
>>> http://www.chestnutranch.com/
>>> I stand (very tall and) corrected.

>> (laugh) Oh, Dee, you don't have to stand corrected,
>> I was standing confused. That's all.
>>
>> nancy

> I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
> piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!
> sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with 'water'
> chestnuts. LOL.
> Dee Dee.

Now you wan't need anymore to buy chestnuts from Italy :D
Pandora

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> (laugh) Oh, Dee, you don't have to stand corrected,
>>> I was standing confused. That's all.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
>> piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!
>> sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with 'water'
>> chestnuts. LOL.
>> Dee Dee.

> Now you wan't need anymore to buy chestnuts from Italy :D
> Pandora

Silly you, I will always buy honey from Italy. The next Italian honey I will
buy will be Italian Chestnut honey. It will be on my next order probably
before the hot summer months.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. :-}
Dee Dee

"Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...

>>> Oh! I think Dee would be very interested to hear this :)
>>> Of which country are you talking about?

>> United States of America, where Dee also lives.

> Not in Texas, I imagin :)
> Pandora
>>
>> nancy

Pandora, I live in Virginia, USA.
We will have snow tomorrow.
I understand Torino needs more snow.
Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> I was getting more confused, too. I'd been thinking all those chestnuts
>>> piled in the bins in the groceries were from China -- tee hee -- ha ha!
>>> sooo funny. One good thing, tho: I didn't have them confused with
>>> 'water' chestnuts. LOL.
>>> Dee Dee.

>> Now you wan't need anymore to buy chestnuts from Italy :D
>> Pandora
>>>

> Silly you, I will always buy honey from Italy. The next Italian honey I
> will buy will be Italian Chestnut honey. It will be on my next order
> probably before the hot summer months.
> You can't teach an old dog new tricks. :-}
> Dee Dee

ROTFL!

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Pandora" <[email protected]> wrote

>>> United States of America, where Dee also lives.

>> Not in Texas, I imagin :)
>> Pandora
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

> Pandora, I live in Virginia, USA.

Yes. I know you live in Shanandoah Valley: you have told me. I meant, where
does Nancy live?

> We will have snow tomorrow.

It dosn't rain and snow since november :(

> I understand Torino needs more snow.

Yes! Your President Bush and family came here yesterday! Today begins
Olimpic games!
Cheers
Pandora
> Dee Dee
>

>> I understand Torino needs more snow.

> Yes! Your President Bush and family came here yesterday! Today begins
> Olimpic games!
> Cheers
> Pandora
>> Dee Dee
>>

> Yes! Your President Bush and family came here yesterday! Today begins
> Olimpic games!
> Cheers
> Pandora
>> Dee Dee

Whoa! How is it he gets to go and I don't?
Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
>> Yes! Your President Bush and family came here yesterday! Today begins
>> Olimpic games!
>> Cheers
>> Pandora
>>> Dee Dee
>>>

> Whoa! How is it he gets to go and I don't?
> Dee Dee

Have you phoned him?
No.
So you can't complain :D