Ping Pandora

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Margaret Suran, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Pandora, I have not been reading most of the posts the last few weeks,
    so I may have missed it, but since you live near Turin (Torino), is
    there much excitement about the Winter Olympics next month? Since new
    Stadiums and other Sports Arenas as well as extra hotel accommodations
    must have gone up the last few years in preparation for the Games, is
    everything ready? Are the shops and restaurants prepared for the
    onslaught of athletes, media and spectators that are about to descend
    on your city?

    How about you? Are you planning to attend some of the games? Which
    Winter Sport is your favorite? Will you host one or more parties in
    honor of living in the Host City?

    I will be watching as much as possible on TV. Perhaps I will even see
    you, without realizing it. In any case, if you see a camera focusing
    on you, start waving and I will know it is you. :eek:) Or not, as the
    case may be. :eek:( MS

    Tags:

  2. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Pandora, I have not been reading most of the posts the last few weeks, so
    > I may have missed it, but since you live near Turin (Torino), is there
    > much excitement about the Winter Olympics next month? Since new Stadiums
    > and other Sports Arenas as well as extra hotel accommodations must have
    > gone up the last few years in preparation for the Games, is everything
    > ready?

    No ! We are in Italy; nothing is ready, neither snow! It doesn't snow since
    dicember (very few).

    Are the shops and restaurants prepared for the
    > onslaught of athletes, media and spectators that are about to descend on
    > your city?

    Restaurant ofcourse!

    > How about you? Are you planning to attend some of the games? Which
    > Winter Sport is your favorite? Will you host one or more parties in honor
    > of living in the Host City?

    I love skating because I was a rolling skating when I was young ( I attended
    the national game , but I arrived 20th :((( )
    I would prefer to see it in tv, because I hate the crowd!

    > I will be watching as much as possible on TV. Perhaps I will even see
    > you, without realizing it. In any case, if you see a camera focusing on
    > you, start waving and I will know it is you. :eek:) Or not, as the case may
    > be. :eek:( MS

    Oh yes! But I would make it sooner sending you a photo of mine , now
    :DDDDDDD

    And you ? What are you doing? Are you cooking?
    Cheers
    Pandora

  3. Pandora wrote:
    > "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Pandora, I have not been reading most of the posts the last few weeks, so
    >>I may have missed it, but since you live near Turin (Torino), is there
    >>much excitement about the Winter Olympics next month? Since new Stadiums
    >>and other Sports Arenas as well as extra hotel accommodations must have
    >>gone up the last few years in preparation for the Games, is everything
    >>ready?

    > No ! We are in Italy; nothing is ready, neither snow! It doesn't snow since
    > dicember (very few).
    >
    > Are the shops and restaurants prepared for the
    >
    >>onslaught of athletes, media and spectators that are about to descend on
    >>your city?

    > Restaurant ofcourse!
    >

    >>How about you? Are you planning to attend some of the games? Which
    >>Winter Sport is your favorite? Will you host one or more parties in honor
    >>of living in the Host City?

    > I love skating because I was a rolling skating when I was young ( I attended
    > the national game , but I arrived 20th :((( )
    > I would prefer to see it in tv, because I hate the crowd!
    >

    >>I will be watching as much as possible on TV. Perhaps I will even see
    >>you, without realizing it. In any case, if you see a camera focusing on
    >>you, start waving and I will know it is you. :eek:) Or not, as the case may
    >>be. :eek:( MS

    > Oh yes! But I would make it sooner sending you a photo of mine , now
    > :DDDDDDD
    >
    > And you ? What are you doing? Are you cooking?
    > Cheers
    > Pandora

    Pandora, Yes, please, do send me a real photo of yourself. That would
    be wonderful!

    I hope that everything will be ready by the time the Olympics start.
    I know that all will go well, the Italians are good when it comes to
    something like that.

    No, I am not cooking. I keep looking for stuff in the freezer so that
    I do not have to cook. The last couple of days I defrosted Meatballs
    and Spaghetti and Pot Roast. Tomorrow I will buy a ready roasted
    chicken. I will order it ahead of time and ask for one without salt.
    Marcel is on a low sodium diet right now. Light fat, too and no
    caffeine. I do not mind and he does not, either. I hope.

    Hugs, Margaret

  4. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Margaret Suran wrote:
    > Pandora wrote:
    > > "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > >>Pandora, I have not been reading most of the posts the last few weeks, so
    > >>I may have missed it, but since you live near Turin (Torino), is there
    > >>much excitement about the Winter Olympics next month? Since new Stadiums
    > >>and other Sports Arenas as well as extra hotel accommodations must have
    > >>gone up the last few years in preparation for the Games, is everything
    > >>ready?

    > > No ! We are in Italy; nothing is ready, neither snow! It doesn't snow since
    > > dicember (very few).
    > >
    > > Are the shops and restaurants prepared for the
    > >
    > >>onslaught of athletes, media and spectators that are about to descend on
    > >>your city?

    > > Restaurant ofcourse!
    > >

    > >>How about you? Are you planning to attend some of the games? Which
    > >>Winter Sport is your favorite? Will you host one or more parties in honor
    > >>of living in the Host City?

    > > I love skating because I was a rolling skating when I was young ( I attended
    > > the national game , but I arrived 20th :((( )
    > > I would prefer to see it in tv, because I hate the crowd!
    > >

    > >>I will be watching as much as possible on TV. Perhaps I will even see
    > >>you, without realizing it. In any case, if you see a camera focusing on
    > >>you, start waving and I will know it is you. :eek:) Or not, as the case may
    > >>be. :eek:( MS

    > > Oh yes! But I would make it sooner sending you a photo of mine , now
    > > :DDDDDDD
    > >
    > > And you ? What are you doing? Are you cooking?
    > > Cheers
    > > Pandora
    > >

    > Pandora, Yes, please, do send me a real photo of yourself. That would
    > be wonderful!
    >
    > I hope that everything will be ready by the time the Olympics start.
    > I know that all will go well, the Italians are good when it comes to
    > something like that.
    >
    > No, I am not cooking. I keep looking for stuff in the freezer so that
    > I do not have to cook. The last couple of days I defrosted Meatballs
    > and Spaghetti and Pot Roast. Tomorrow I will buy a ready roasted
    > chicken. I will order it ahead of time and ask for one without salt.
    > Marcel is on a low sodium diet right now. Light fat, too and no
    > caffeine. I do not mind and he does not, either. I hope.
    >
    > Hugs, Margaret

    Hey, Margaret... does your ISP not have email capability...or does it
    cost a dollar extra... I'll be glad to donate the dollar if you can't
    afford it. Please take your private conversations to email... rudeness
    does not become you..

    Sheldon

  5. Sheldon wrote:

    > rudeness does not become you..