ping Penny

Ctg

Guest
Or anyone else who knows...Did you upgrade to 3.* of the
NatGeo software and if so have you figured out a way to
prevent it from centering on Kansas when opening a
previously saved map file?

Chris

ctg wrote:
> Or anyone else who knows...Did you upgrade to 3.* of the
> NatGeo software and if so have you figured out a way to
> prevent it from centering on Kansas when opening a
> previously saved map file?
>
> Chris

I'm running 3.3, and it still does that. But I think it does
it any time I first open the program,have to scroll over
half the nation to get to my location...

Penny

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> ctg wrote:
> > Or anyone else who knows...Did you upgrade to 3.* of the
> > NatGeo software and if so have you figured out a way to
> > prevent it from centering on Kansas when opening a
> > previously saved map file?
> >
> > Chris
>
> I'm running 3.3, and it still does that. But I think it
> does it any time I first open the program,have to scroll
> over half the nation to get to my location...
>

> Penny

I'm using 3.4.2. Try this after starting the program, go to
the image of the U.S. on the upper right hand corner of the
screen. Reposition the rectangular outline to were you want
it centered. Exit program then restart, it should open up in
the new location. I am assuming you're using one of the
State Series?

--
Pete Rissler http://web1.greatbasin.net/~rissler/
http://www.tccycling.com

"Pete Rissler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > ctg wrote:
> > > Or anyone else who knows...Did you upgrade to 3.* of
> > > the NatGeo software and if so have you figured out a
> > > way to prevent it from centering on Kansas when
> > > opening a previously saved map file?
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > I'm running 3.3, and it still does that. But I think it
> > does it any time
> > first open the program,have to scroll over half the
> > nation to get to my location...
> >

> > Penny
>

> I'm using 3.4.2. Try this after starting the program, go
> to the image of
the
> U.S. on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
> Reposition the rectangular outline to were you want it
> centered. Exit program then
restart,
> it should open up in the new location. I am assuming
> you're using one of
the
> State Series?

That doesn't change where the map centers when you open a
previously saved map.

Yes, I'm using PA v. 3.4.2

Chris

> That doesn't change where the map centers when you open a
> previously saved map.
>
> Yes, I'm using PA v. 3.4.2
>
> Chris

You're right. Saved maps always open up above Kansas.

--
Pete Rissler