Ping: Ranee M.

zxcvbob

Guest
I made your cherry cranberry pie last night, and the recipe is a keeper.
http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/dessert.html#Crancherry

Family was a little leary when they saw me thawing out the cranberries
and dusting off the can of cherry pie filling, but they've eaten almost
the whole pie already.

I had a scant cup of ground almonds in the freezer that's been in there
a while, so I substituted that for 1/2 cup of the flour in my pastry
recipe. I might have done better to use your recipe with the egg in it;
my dough was so short it was very difficult to work with -- so I just
didn't bother to flute the edges. I cut the top crust into strips and
made a lattice top and it all turned out very nice.

Best regards,
Bob

In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I made your cherry cranberry pie last night, and the recipe is a keeper.
> http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/dessert.html#Crancherry
>
> Family was a little leary when they saw me thawing out the cranberries
> and dusting off the can of cherry pie filling, but they've eaten almost
> the whole pie already.
>
> I had a scant cup of ground almonds in the freezer that's been in there
> a while, so I substituted that for 1/2 cup of the flour in my pastry
> recipe. I might have done better to use your recipe with the egg in it;
> my dough was so short it was very difficult to work with -- so I just
> didn't bother to flute the edges. I cut the top crust into strips and
> made a lattice top and it all turned out very nice.

Glad you liked it. :) I don't know if I mention it in the recipe,
but the almond crust is also a pain to work with, but very good, so I do
it for this and sometimes for plain cherry pies. :)

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email