Ping: Ranee M.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by zxcvbob, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    I made your cherry cranberry pie last night, and the recipe is a keeper.
    http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/dessert.html#Crancherry

    Family was a little leary when they saw me thawing out the cranberries
    and dusting off the can of cherry pie filling, but they've eaten almost
    the whole pie already.

    I had a scant cup of ground almonds in the freezer that's been in there
    a while, so I substituted that for 1/2 cup of the flour in my pastry
    recipe. I might have done better to use your recipe with the egg in it;
    my dough was so short it was very difficult to work with -- so I just
    didn't bother to flute the edges. I cut the top crust into strips and
    made a lattice top and it all turned out very nice.

    Best regards,
    Bob

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, zxcvbob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I made your cherry cranberry pie last night, and the recipe is a keeper.
    > http://folks.harbornet.com/raneem/dessert.html#Crancherry
    >
    > Family was a little leary when they saw me thawing out the cranberries
    > and dusting off the can of cherry pie filling, but they've eaten almost
    > the whole pie already.
    >
    > I had a scant cup of ground almonds in the freezer that's been in there
    > a while, so I substituted that for 1/2 cup of the flour in my pastry
    > recipe. I might have done better to use your recipe with the egg in it;
    > my dough was so short it was very difficult to work with -- so I just
    > didn't bother to flute the edges. I cut the top crust into strips and
    > made a lattice top and it all turned out very nice.

    Glad you liked it. :) I don't know if I mention it in the recipe,
    but the almond crust is also a pain to work with, but very good, so I do
    it for this and sometimes for plain cherry pies. :)

    Regards,
    Ranee

    --
    Remove Do Not and Spam to email