PING: Single speed die-hards

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Small Black Dog, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.

    Small Black Dog

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Small Black Dog wrote:

    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Did you quit puffing??
    --
    Slacker

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Small Black Dog wrote:

    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Did you quit puffing or did you finally upgrade to heroin??
    --
    Slacker

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    In news:[email protected],
    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> typed:
    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Man, keep hitting the bong until you forget about this foolishness. ;^)

    Mike

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > Small Black Dog <[email protected]> had this to say
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>Tell me why i should get one
    >

    > because evryone is doing it, and you don't want to be left out, asking yourself "why"?
    >

    >>and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >

    > here's some now...
    >
    > http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_unit.cfm
    >
    > hehehe

    My unit aches from just looking at that "thing."
    --
    Slacker

  7. Jeffbonny

    Jeffbonny Guest

    So Small Black Dog <[email protected]> says:

    >Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.

    no

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    With only one gear, brain much more able to coordinate taking bong hits on the go. HTH!

    Shaun aRe - amazing whatcha can do with a hydro pack and some tin foil yaknow.

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Small Black Dog wrote:
    >
    > > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    > >
    > > Small Black Dog
    >
    > Did you quit puffing??

    Ugh! x2!

    Shaun aRe

  11. >Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.

    >Small Black Dog

    Just buy my monocog and try it out. If you like it, buy a nicer one.

    Cheers,

    -Andrew

  12. MattB

    MattB Guest

    Small Black Dog wrote:
    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    I don't think I qualify as a "die hard" but you should try it if you have the chance. Makes you
    stonger and (this is the best part) the chicks really dig it. Here's a photo:
    http://mattb.net/images/misc/surly_web.jpg

    Matt

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 01:18:23 +0000 (UTC), Small Black Dog
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    >Small Black Dog

    SBD, don't get a single speed they're for putz's like me

    insert best eeevil laughter here:

    Peace,

    :-]

  14. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  15. Gp-Tj

    Gp-Tj Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > I won't tell you why you should get one and I won't give you any links, but here is my SS:
    >
    > http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS
    >
    > And my fixed gear:
    >
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/82383376/82396733HcmIvG
    >
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/82383376/82396760DwIMLN
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Carla A-G:

    Did you guys notice any chainline issues or have any rear hub issues with your SASS's? My SISS
    was way off and the rear hub bearings fails in about 1 month. Did you have to move the ring to
    the outside position? I haven't heard anything from you about how the SASS is going. My SISS is
    from the end of the 2003 model year (got it in October) so it is pretty much the same bike (but
    not so shiny).

    Just wondering if you've had the problems that others had with the SISS.

    Thanks GP

  16. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 3 Mar 2004 17:43:55 -0800, [email protected] (Carla A-G) wrote:

    >Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    >I won't tell you why you should get one and I won't give you any links, but here is my SS:
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/album/95608794EWuBZS
    >
    >And my fixed gear:
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/82383376/82396733HcmIvG
    >
    >http://community.webshots.com/photo/82383376/82396760DwIMLN

    I thought fixies had no hand brakes....sure look tempting ....hmmm?

    >- CA-G
    >
    >Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Peace

    :-]

  17. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tell me why i should get one and remember to include *plenty* of links to pics of ace SS rigs.
    >
    > Small Black Dog

    Tell me why I should tell you to get one? I'm not ya mamma, so make up your own mind, & here're some
    photos of the gray lady

    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady000.jpg
    >
    >Another angle, same spot. Treasure Valley in the distance:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady001.jpg
    >
    >Yet another (hey, we're talking about love, remember?)
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady002.jpg
    >
    >Here she is above the descent to Red Sands:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady003.jpg
    >
    >Again, with better view of the sunset. It was cold and windy:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady004.jpg
    >
    >From the mx parking area, some elevation:
    >
    >http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/GrayLady007.jpg
    >
    >Gotta go, late for the 12-step group.

    paladin

  18. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "GP-TJ" <gporter1970(goaway)@cox.net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Carla A-G:
    >
    > Did you guys notice any chainline issues or have any rear
    > hub issues with your SASS's? My SISS was way off and the
    > rear hub bearings fails in about 1 month. Did you have to
    > move the ring to the outside position? I haven't heard
    > anything from you about how the SASS is going. My SISS is
    > from the end of the 2003 model year (got it in October) so
    > it is pretty much the same bike (but not so shiny).
    >
    > Just wondering if you've had the problems that others had
    > with the SISS.
    >
    > Thanks GP

    I had been posting about the SASS when I was riding it, that
    was before I got sick. I've been out of commission for about
    2-1/2 months now. Injuries, sickness and weather conditions
    have kept me off the bike(s).

    Anyways, back on topic, I'venever had any problems with my
    SASS for the amount of time that I have ridden it so far.
    The hubs, chainline and drivetrain have been flawless. The
    only thing that I changed on the bike was to change the
    ratio, I put a White Industries ENO 18t cassette as opposed
    to the Shimano 16t that came on the bike.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  19. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I thought fixies had no hand brakes....sure look tempting
    >> ....hmmm?

    Its a track bike, I only installed a front brake for riding
    it on the street. The rear brake hood is a dummy, there is
    no brake attached to
    it. If and when I finally get my ass onto a velodrome, I'll
    remove the hoods and the front brake. Get one, its a
    blast to ride, loads of fun.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  20. Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote

    > I thought fixies had no hand brakes....sure look tempting
    > ....hmmm?

    Where'd you get that idea, Bill? Since I have a fixed/free
    flipflop hub, I actually run with front _and_ rear brakes
    even when riding fixed.

    Just because the brake is there, doesn't mean you have to
    use it ;-)

    CC