Ping: Steve (boat-boy) Baker

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> hey man, you still alive???
>
> --
> Slack

Good question. Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

Last I heard, he he tossed the compass over the rail while sailing
between One Particular Harbor and Incommunicado.

--
JG
Crazy, on a ship of fools......

"Dave W" wrote in message
> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

Slack wrote:
> hey man, you still alive???

My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups, so users
need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.

If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and suggest...Google
Groups (?) ... something better?

"He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

S o r n i wrote:
> Slack wrote:
> > hey man, you still alive???

> My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups, so

users
> need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
>
> If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and

suggest...Google
> Groups (?) ... something better?
>
> "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
took over Deja-News.

JD

JD wrote:
> S o r n i wrote:
>> Slack wrote:
>>> hey man, you still alive???

>> My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups,
>> so users need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
>>
>> If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and
>> suggest...Google Groups (?) ... something better?
>>
>> "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

> I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
> pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
> took over Deja-News.
>
> JD

from the man himself:

I miss you guys!
Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop ng
access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
Steve

small change wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> S o r n i wrote:
>>>
>>> My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups,
>>> so users need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
>>>
>>> If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and
>>> suggest...Google Groups (?) ... something better?
>>>
>>> "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

>> I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
>> pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
>> took over Deja-News.
>>
>> JD

> from the man himself:
>
> I miss you guys!
> Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop
> ng access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
> Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
> Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!

Told ya so!

Neener neener neener, BS

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:23:51 -0800, small change
<[email protected]> wrote:

> from the man himself:
>
> I miss you guys!
> Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop ng
> access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
> Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
> Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
> Steve

Killer... thanks Penny (and the rest of you guys)!

--
Slack - just looking out for the old geezers ;-p

Slack wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:23:51 -0800, small change
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> from the man himself:
>>
>> I miss you guys!
>> Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to
>> stop ng access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
>> Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
>> Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
>> Steve
>>

> Killer... thanks Penny (and the rest of you guys)!

I have his email if anyone wants it. But you could probably google it.

~p.

> I have his email if anyone wants it. But you could probably google it.
>

> ~p.

I had it at one point, but I lost it.

nm... I just found it.
--
Slack

JG says:

>"Dave W" wrote in message
>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

>Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"

Thank you!

Steve "better late than never"

JG says:

SailDesign wrote:
> JG says:
>
>> "Dave W" wrote in message
>>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

>> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

> Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
>
> Thank you!
>
> Steve "better late than never"

Third time the charm?

:cool:

"SailDesign" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JG says:
>
>>"Dave W" wrote in message
>>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

>>Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

> Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
>
> Thank you!
>
> Steve "better late than never"

ahh, here's the little wooly bugger now!! How da hell r-ya Mr. Baker?
Welcome bck.

Dave

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:06:20 -0800, SailDesign <[email protected]> wrote:

> JG says:
>
>> "Dave W" wrote in message
>>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

>> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

> Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
>
> Thank you!
>
> Steve "better late than never"

Hmmm, is that a coincidence or what?? You show up and a nice yacht tosses
it's carcass on a Socal beach like sick whale committing suicide.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/032205_nw_ship_aground.html.html
--
Slack

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:06:20 -0800, SailDesign <[email protected]> wrote:

> JG says:
>
>> "Dave W" wrote in message
>>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

>> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

> Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
>
> Thank you!
>
> Steve "better late than never"

Hmmm, is that a coincidence or what?? You show up and a nice yacht tosses
it's carcass on a Socal beach like sick whale committing suicide.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/032205_nw_ship_aground.html.html
--
Slack

Hey, be cool now....it wasn't labor that sank the Titanic...
It was mangement....:)