Ping: Steve (boat-boy) Baker

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slack, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Slack

    Slack Guest

    hey man, you still alive???

    --
    Slack

    Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

  3. He must be snowed in 40 mile up the road from here.
    Winter snow isn't over here till April Fools Day.

  4. J G

    J G Guest

    Last I heard, he he tossed the compass over the rail while sailing
    between One Particular Harbor and Incommunicado.

    --
    JG
    Crazy, on a ship of fools......

  5. J G

    J G Guest

    "Dave W" wrote in message
    > Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

  6. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > hey man, you still alive???

    My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups, so users
    need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.

    If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and suggest...Google
    Groups (?) ... something better?

    "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

  7. JD

    JD Guest

    S o r n i wrote:
    > Slack wrote:
    > > hey man, you still alive???

    > My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups, so

    users
    > need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
    >
    > If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and

    suggest...Google
    > Groups (?) ... something better?
    >
    > "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

    I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
    pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
    took over Deja-News.

    JD

  8. small change

    small change Guest

    JD wrote:
    > S o r n i wrote:
    >> Slack wrote:
    >>> hey man, you still alive???

    >> My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups,
    >> so users need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
    >>
    >> If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and
    >> suggest...Google Groups (?) ... something better?
    >>
    >> "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

    > I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
    > pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
    > took over Deja-News.
    >
    > JD

    from the man himself:

    I miss you guys!
    Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop ng
    access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
    Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
    Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
    Steve

  9. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    small change wrote:
    > JD wrote:
    >> S o r n i wrote:
    >>>
    >>> My money's on "It's an AOL thing". Heard they dropped newsgroups,
    >>> so users need to find a new way to access the madness that is AM-B.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone has his e-mail address, shoot him a note and
    >>> suggest...Google Groups (?) ... something better?
    >>>
    >>> "He'll Be Back" -- Bill Schwarzenegar

    >> I dropped Google on him when he announced the ao-hell thing. It's
    >> pretty easy to use now, but was jacked for quite some time after they
    >> took over Deja-News.
    >>
    >> JD

    > from the man himself:
    >
    > I miss you guys!
    > Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop
    > ng access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
    > Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
    > Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!

    Told ya so!

    Neener neener neener, BS

  10. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:23:51 -0800, small change
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > from the man himself:
    >
    > I miss you guys!
    > Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to stop ng
    > access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
    > Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
    > Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
    > Steve

    Killer... thanks Penny (and the rest of you guys)!

    --
    Slack - just looking out for the old geezers ;-p

  11. small change

    small change Guest

    Slack wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:23:51 -0800, small change
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> from the man himself:
    >>
    >> I miss you guys!
    >> Too much work/not enough time, coupled with AOHell's decision to
    >> stop ng access, kinda stopped me, and I've not got restarted yet.
    >> Everything is well, the new job is still great after 6 months.
    >> Thanks for asking, though. I'll be back!
    >> Steve
    >>

    > Killer... thanks Penny (and the rest of you guys)!

    I have his email if anyone wants it. But you could probably google it.

    ~p.

  12. Slack

    Slack Guest

    > I have his email if anyone wants it. But you could probably google it.
    >

    > ~p.

    I had it at one point, but I lost it.

    nm... I just found it.
    --
    Slack

  13. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "J G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Dave W" wrote in message
    >> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    > Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    Thanks John, but it just ain't the same....

  14. SailDesign

    SailDesign Guest

    JG says:

    >"Dave W" wrote in message
    >> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"

    Thank you!

    Steve "better late than never"

  15. SailDesign

    SailDesign Guest

    JG says:

    >"Dave W" wrote in message
    >> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"

    Thank you!

    Steve "better late than never"

  16. SailDesign

    SailDesign Guest

    JG says:

    >"Dave W" wrote in message
    >> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"

    Thank you!

    Steve "better late than never"

  17. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    SailDesign wrote:
    > JG says:
    >
    >> "Dave W" wrote in message
    >>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    > Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Steve "better late than never"

    Third time the charm?

    :cool:

  18. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "SailDesign" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > JG says:
    >
    >>"Dave W" wrote in message
    >>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >>Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    > Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Steve "better late than never"

    ahh, here's the little wooly bugger now!! How da hell r-ya Mr. Baker?
    Welcome bck.

    Dave

  19. Slack

    Slack Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:06:20 -0800, SailDesign <[email protected]> wrote:

    > JG says:
    >
    >> "Dave W" wrote in message
    >>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    > Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Steve "better late than never"

    Hmmm, is that a coincidence or what?? You show up and a nice yacht tosses
    it's carcass on a Socal beach like sick whale committing suicide.

    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/032205_nw_ship_aground.html.html
    --
    Slack

  20. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:06:20 -0800, SailDesign <[email protected]> wrote:

    > JG says:
    >
    >> "Dave W" wrote in message
    >>> Where has the resident spelling nazi been?

    >> Capitalize proper nouns: " Nazi "

    > Since it's a title, honorary or not, capitalise both - "Spelling Nazi"
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Steve "better late than never"

    Hmmm, is that a coincidence or what?? You show up and a nice yacht tosses
    it's carcass on a Socal beach like sick whale committing suicide.

    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/032205_nw_ship_aground.html.html
    --
    Slack

    Hey, be cool now....it wasn't labor that sank the Titanic...
    It was mangement....:)