Ping: Travis

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by David L, May 16, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

    If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into becoming a bike messenger?

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into becoming a bike messenger?
    >

    > Dave

    it's a good idea, however, there is literally no call for it whatsoever in farmington, or
    neighboring towns. Even if i did try it, businesses are spaced so far apart i could get there far
    quicker in my car. but still, with no call for it, i may get one job per month.

    i can't exactly justify going to a city, like Portland, where i know nothing about, and expecting to
    make a living wage based on my ability to get from point A to B as fast as possible, while not
    knowing how to get from A to B.
    --
    ~Travis

  3. David L

    David L Guest

    > > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into
    becoming
    > > a bike messenger?
    > >

    > > Dave
    > >

    > it's a good idea, however, there is literally no call for it whatsoever in farmington, or
    > neighboring towns. Even if i did try it, businesses are spaced so far apart i could get there far
    > quicker in my car. but still, with no call for it, i may get one job per month.
    >
    > i can't exactly justify going to a city, like Portland, where i know nothing about, and expecting
    > to make a living wage based on my ability to get from point A to B as fast as possible, while not
    > knowing how to get from A to B.

    i guess not in a small town, knowing your way around the business district in many cities is a great
    job, spend the whole day outside, delivering packages.

    Dave

    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into
    > becoming
    > > > a bike messenger?
    > > >

    > > > Dave
    > > >

    > > it's a good idea, however, there is literally no call for it whatsoever in farmington, or
    > > neighboring towns. Even if i did try it, businesses are spaced so far apart i could get there
    > > far quicker in my car. but still, with no call for it, i may get one job per month.
    > >
    > > i can't exactly justify going to a city, like Portland, where i know nothing about, and
    > > expecting to make a living wage based on my ability to get from point A to B as fast as
    > > possible, while not knowing how to get from A to B.
    >
    > i guess not in a small town, knowing your way around the business district in many cities is a
    > great job, spend the whole day outside, delivering packages.

    Yeah, if there was a call for it i would give it a try. nothing like getting to ride my bike, and
    get paid for it.
    --
    ~Travis

  5. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into becoming a bike messenger?

    That would cut into his time for posting inane tripe here. He can't have that.

    JD

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into becoming a bike messenger?
    >
    > That would cut into his time for posting inane tripe here. He can't have that.
    >
    > JD

    now if you had waited and read my responses before sending off your reply you would not appear the
    fool here.
    --
    ~Travis

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    From: Technician <[email protected]> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike Subject: Re: Ping:
    Travis Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:39:14 -0400 Organization: Posted via Supernews,
    http://www.supernews.com Message-ID: <[email protected]>

    > "David L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > If you have so much spare time and no job, why don't you look into becoming a bike messenger?
    >
    > That would cut into his time for posting inane tripe here. He can't have that.
    >
    > JD

    now if you had waited and read my responses before sending off your reply you would not appear the
    fool here.
    --
    ~Travis

    That's fresh, you calling anyone else here with anything above a double-digit IQ a fool. Post some
    more, doof.

    JD

  8. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > > > That would cut into his time for posting inane tripe here. He can't have that.
    > > >
    > > > JD
    > > >

    > > now if you had waited and read my responses before sending off your reply you would not appear
    > > the fool here.
    >
    > That's fresh, you calling anyone else here with anything above a double-digit IQ a fool. Post some
    > more, doof.

    That's it? you must be having a bad day. better luck next time.
    --
    ~Travis