Ping: yo Penny (and other flat enthusiasts)

small change wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Slack wrote:
>>
>>>Ya know what you problem is; you're lacking balls:
>>>http://www.tireballs.com/index.html
>>>

>>Looks like an interesting concept. Maybe there will be a light weight
>>version for MTBs?
>>
>>Matt

> they already use this multiple-air cell concept with whitewater boats.

Besides just good old float bags?
Those are multiple cells, assuming you have more than one.

MattB wrote:
> small change wrote:
>
>> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Looks like an interesting concept. Maybe there will be a light weight
>>> version for MTBs?
>>>
>>> Matt

>> they already use this multiple-air cell concept with whitewater boats.
>>

> Besides just good old float bags?
> Those are multiple cells, assuming you have more than one.

Wait, You;re probably taking cats and rafts. I was thinking kayaks...

Slack wrote:
> Ya know what you problem is; you're lacking balls:
> http://www.tireballs.com/index.html
>
> --
> Slack

Hmmm... How do you get the tire on if it's already fully inflated? And,
if you're able to, what's keeping it from coming off?

If it was, say, an inflatable "chain" of balls connected with valves
that would prevent the popping of one to deflate the rest of them, THAT
might be something....

/s

PS: DIRK SCHNIEDER!

Scott Gordo wrote:

> Slack wrote:
> > Ya know what you problem is; you're lacking balls:
> > http://www.tireballs.com/index.html
> >
> > --
> > Slack

> Hmmm... How do you get the tire on if it's already fully inflated?
> And, if you're able to, what's keeping it from coming off?
>
> If it was, say, an inflatable "chain" of balls connected with valves
> that would prevent the popping of one to deflate the rest of them,
> THAT might be something....
>
> /s
>
> PS: DIRK SCHNIEDER!

Basically, with the help of some special tools and some muscle. They
have a install video on their site. You better hope the performance is
much better and they cannot get flats because you won't be doing any
tire ball changes on the trail.

Anyway, I think it's pretty intersting and fun seeing how other sports
handle problems we deal with all the time.

I did a little more probing and there's another technology being used
for the same reason ---->
http://www.motorace.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Catego
ry_Code=MTBM

--
Slack

MattB wrote:

> Slack wrote:
> > Ya know what you problem is; you're lacking balls:
> > http://www.tireballs.com/index.html
> >

> Looks like an interesting concept. Maybe there will be a light weight
> version for MTBs?
>
> Matt

Supposedly, it's already in the works. I'll probalby try them out.
--
Slack

small change wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Slack wrote:
> > > Ya know what you problem is; you're lacking balls:
> > > http://www.tireballs.com/index.html
> > >

> > Looks like an interesting concept. Maybe there will be a light
> > weight version for MTBs?
> >
> > Matt

> they already use this multiple-air cell concept with whitewater boats.

Cool. That would really suck springing a leak with only one cell.

--
Slack