Pinging John Harlow

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Dart

John, How do I get in touch with the folks who take care of Buttermilk West?

We were riding it yesterday afternoon and pass a little fat man and his boy walking along. Man says
to boy "Maybe they'll fall down and break their necks!" as I pass and "I'll call someone and see
what I can do" when my friend Mark passed. We didn't buzz them and I gave a polite greeting but got
this instead.

That and I want to talk to them about MORE.

Mike

> John, How do I get in touch with the folks who take care of Buttermilk West?
>
> We were riding it yesterday afternoon and pass a little fat man and his
boy
> walking along. Man says to boy "Maybe they'll fall down and break their necks!" as I pass and
> "I'll call someone and see what I can do" when my friend Mark passed. We didn't buzz them and I
> gave a polite greeting but got this instead.
>
> That and I want to talk to them about MORE.

WTF? I'm sure they have no idea the only reason those trails exist is because some _mountain bikers_
worked with the parks system to build the trails. Granted, those trails in particular are very
narrow; and I've recently decided to stop completely to let hikers pass - unless they jump to the
side as they often do.

You can of course talk to Ralph White with the city park service, or Kevin Clark (lionellritchie at
yahoo dotcom). Kevin and Bob Burch are the main guys there (don't have Bob's e-addy; Kevin might
tho). Speaking of trails, there's a new 90 foot bridge in Powhite Park to replace that small creek
crossing at the bottom - Bob worked with an Eagle Scout group to get that one in.

Let me know next time you're out there. We rode them all yesterday too; we were likely there
when you were.

"John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:QkWma.462609$3D1.249621@sccrnsc01...
> > John, How do I get in touch with the folks who take care of Buttermilk West?
> >
> > We were riding it yesterday afternoon and pass a little fat man and his
> boy
> > walking along. Man says to boy "Maybe they'll fall down and break their necks!" as I pass and
> > "I'll call someone and see what I can do" when my friend Mark passed. We didn't buzz them and I
> > gave a polite greeting
but
> > got this instead.
> >
> > That and I want to talk to them about MORE.
>
> WTF? I'm sure they have no idea the only reason those trails exist is because some _mountain
> bikers_ worked with the parks system to build the trails. Granted, those trails in particular are
> very narrow; and I've recently decided to stop completely to let hikers pass - unless they jump
to
> the side as they often do.

Exactly what I did. This was on Buttermilk West which isn't on park land if I'm correct.

>
> You can of course talk to Ralph White with the city park service, or Kevin Clark (lionellritchie
> at yahoo dotcom). Kevin and Bob Burch are the main guys there (don't have Bob's e-addy; Kevin
> might tho). Speaking of
trails,
> there's a new 90 foot bridge in Powhite Park to replace that small creek crossing at the bottom -
> Bob worked with an Eagle Scout group to get that one in.

Thanks,

I know Ralph and heard of him saying to some walkers complaining about bikes that "Without them the
trails wouldn't even be here!" I think I have Bob's # in my MBVA stuff. Good on him and the Scouts
for the bridge. 90 feet!

>
> Let me know next time you're out there. We rode them all yesterday too;
we
> were likely there when you were.
>

I'm going to be at Pocahontas at 5pm this evening with Mark if you would like to join us.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.