Pink bike lust

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by SuzieB, May 8, 2006.

  1. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    OMG! I never thought I would say this but I want a pink bike! Well, I want a specific bike... the divine bike in this link is being raffled for The Breast Cancer Fund in the USA. I'm drooling soooo badly. :p

    http://www.speedgoat.com/raffle1.asp

    Tags:

  2. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    SuzieB wrote:
    > '
    > http://www.speedgoat.com/raffle1.asp'

    Have you bought your ticket?

    Parbs

  3. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    Yep, got 2, one for Euan too. ;)

  4. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    good one Suzie, I've got one too, if I win its yours!...

    yep...even a Ti Moots...

    (they will build it for you, from their "standard" sizes, unf. they dont fit me...)

    c'mon all buy Suzie a ticket!

  5. Resound

    Resound New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2004
    Hell, I'm happily ride that, even if it meant fending off the multitude of "pooftuh" comments. That's a seriously gorgeous piece of kit.

  6. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    rooman wrote:
    > good one Suzie, I've got one too, if I win its yours!...
    >
    > yep...even a Ti Moots...
    >
    > (they will build it for you, from their "standard" sizes, unf. they
    > dont fit me...)
    >
    > c'mon all buy Suzie a ticket!

    I have a couple of tickets, but I don't think Suzie can have them.

    I do have something that Suzie can have for her bike though, I think
    I'll be meeting Euan later this week so if I can find it I'll pass it on
    to him.

    Parbs

  7. petulance

    petulance Guest

    Resound wrote:
    > SuzieB Wrote:
    >
    >>OMG! I never thought I would say this but I want a pink bike! Well, I
    >>want a specific bike... the divine bike in this link is being raffled
    >>for The Breast Cancer Fund in the USA. I'm drooling soooo badly. :p
    >>'
    >>http://www.speedgoat.com/raffle1.asp'
    >>(%0Ahttp://www.speedgoat.com/raffle1.asp)

    > Hell, I'm happily ride that, even if it meant fending off the multitude
    > of "pooftuh" comments. That's a seriously gorgeous piece of kit.

    now this is a nice piece of pink kit ...

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2006/probikes/?id=specialized_liam_killeen

    Hmmm, anyone want to take my Kona hard tail off me? It could be time to
    get a dualie ...

  8. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    petulance wrote:

    > Hmmm, anyone want to take my Kona hard tail off me? It could be time to
    > get a dualie ...

    No thanks. Wanna buy a cheap Epic frame (it's not pink though).

    Parbs

  9. petulance

    petulance Guest

    Parbs wrote:
    > petulance wrote:
    > >
    > > Hmmm, anyone want to take my Kona hard tail off me? It could be time to
    > > get a dualie ...

    > No thanks. Wanna buy a cheap Epic frame (it's not pink though).
    >
    > Parbs

    Possibly ... I could get a bike shop to strip the parts from my Kona
    and put them on the Epic frame.

    Is the frame a medium sized red and white one?

    (it will then match the colour scheme of my Specialized roadie)

  10. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    petulance wrote:

    > Is the frame a medium sized red and white one?
    >
    > (it will then match the colour scheme of my Specialized roadie)

    Its an 03 model, medium & black (paint is scratched a lot). Can come
    with XT running gear (V brakes) & fork (Manitou Skarab Comp - which
    sucks). I could probably bring it up to Killingworth next month if you
    want a test ride.

    Parbs

  11. petulance

    petulance Guest

    Parbs wrote:
    > petulance wrote:
    > >
    > > Is the frame a medium sized red and white one?
    > >
    > > (it will then match the colour scheme of my Specialized roadie)
    > >

    > Its an 03 model, medium & black (paint is scratched a lot). Can come
    > with XT running gear (V brakes) & fork (Manitou Skarab Comp - which
    > sucks).

    Cool. Can the bike be fitted with disc brakes? And is the fork 80 or
    100mm? I was thinking of getting a new fork anyway. I assume the frame
    will come with the Fox rear shock and the Brain.

    > I could probably bring it up to Killingworth next month if you
    > want a test ride.

    OK, I'll let you know once I confirm my entry for the Killingworth race.

  12. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    petulance wrote:

    > Cool. Can the bike be fitted with disc brakes? And is the fork 80 or
    > 100mm? I was thinking of getting a new fork anyway. I assume the frame
    > will come with the Fox rear shock and the Brain.

    The fork is 80mm. Yup it does come with the Brain shock it's the
    original one with out the IQ adjustment feature.

    >> I could probably bring it up to Killingworth next month if you
    >> want a test ride.

    > OK, I'll let you know once I confirm my entry for the Killingworth race.

    No worries