Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Pink eye and cycling?

Started by ToffoIsMe · · Last activity · 3 posts · 4,341 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
7 March 2008
Last activity
7 March 2008
Original author
ToffoIsMe
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,341
Views / 30 days
3
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Well yesterday I suddenly contracted pink eye pretty bad, in both eyes. Is it ok to still ride? More importantly, is it ok to race? I was looking at doing two races this weekend. Will riding make pink eye worse at all? I have a feeling it will dry out my eyes more than they already are, but will that have any negative impact. Anyone have any experience with this?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. ToffoIsMe said:

    Well yesterday I suddenly contracted pink eye pretty bad, in both eyes. Is it ok to still ride? More importantly, is it ok to race? I was looking at doing two races this weekend. Will riding make pink eye worse at all? I have a feeling it will dry out my eyes more than they already are, but will that have any negative impact. Anyone have any experience with this?

    Thanks in advance.

    Well, how often do you think you'll rub your eyes? And then rub them again? That's something to consider for both your recovery from conjunctivitis and the risk to others from catching conjunctivitis.....through contact.

    Also consider that conjuctivitis also comes with photophobia, sensitivity to light, which may make you a risk on the road.

    Personally, I'd stay home and get over the pink eye. Missing two races is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

  3. ToffoIsMe said:

    Well yesterday I suddenly contracted pink eye pretty bad, in both eyes. Is it ok to still ride? More importantly, is it ok to race? I was looking at doing two races this weekend. Will riding make pink eye worse at all? I have a feeling it will dry out my eyes more than they already are, but will that have any negative impact. Anyone have any experience with this?

    Thanks in advance.

    I don't know about your eyes drying up, but would agree with alienator. What is the danger of you spreading it to others through contact? Isn't it better to stay home and get better rather than go to the race and have others curse you for coming with a contagious infection?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.