Piti to put all his eggs in one basket ?

whiteboytrash said:
http://www.velonews.com/article/85304/valverde-to-focus-on-tour-in-2009

Looks like Valverde will go off the raider in April to "prepare" for the Tour.... can he win it ?

Well he did well in the last Tour and Vuelta without especially targeting them so I don't think he'll do any worse. I remember his coach telling him to start riding more aggressively so we might see some action between him and Contador. It's a pity they ditched the bonus seconds.
In conclusion: Yes he can win it if he can keep it together for three weeks.

RdBiker said:
Well he did well in the last Tour and Vuelta without especially targeting them so I don't think he'll do any worse. I remember his coach telling him to start riding more aggressively so we might see some action between him and Contador. It's a pity they ditched the bonus seconds.
whith dropping the "a" classics....... he needs to be fresh.........

RdBiker said:
....... It's a pity they ditched the bonus seconds.
Pardon the 'jack but were the bonus seconds absence just a vagarity of last year's race , or is it a permanent thing ?

9.8mps2 said:
Pardon the 'jack but were the bonus seconds absence just a vagarity of last year's race , or is it a permanent thing ?

Well if I've understood correctly they don't have bonus seconds in the TdF 2009. However, they do in the Vuelta and the Giro, so it's just the Tour that doesn't like them any more. Impossible to say if they've abandoned them for good or if it's just temporary.