pitlock o(de)r kryptonite?

Mathias Koerber

Guest
Ich habe im Google ein paar threads über Pitlock (www.pitlock.de, www.pitlock.com geht nicht mehr)
und Kryptonite lockable skewers gefunden, aber leider keinen der die beiden Systeme miteinander
vergleicht.

Hat hier vielleicht jemand etwas zu berichten über
- Vor- Nachteile des jeweiligen Systems
- Erfahrungen mit einem oder beiden Systemen
- andere Vergleichbare Produkte?

Danke

I searched Google and found a few threads regarding Pitlock (www.pitlock.de, www.pitlock.com no
longer works) and Kryptonite lockable skewers, but sadly none which compares the two systems. Does
anyone here have something to report in terms of
- relative (dis-)advantages of either system
- expreiences with either or both systems
- other cpmoarable products?

thanks

[crossposted to de.rec.fahrrad, rec.bicycles.tech. Fup2: rec.bicycles.tech]

"Mathias Koerber" <[email protected]> wrote in message:
> I searched Google and found a few threads regarding Pitlock (www.pitlock.de, www.pitlock.com no
> longer works) and Kryptonite lockable skewers, but sadly none which compares the two systems. Does
> anyone here have something to report in terms of
> - relative (dis-)advantages of either system
> - expreiences with either or both systems
> - other cpmoarable products?

The main reason I chose Pitlock over Kryptonite is that Pitlock makes spare parts readily available
and allows you to buy several skewers keyed the same way (so that you can use the same key on more
than one bike). I emailed Kryptonite to see if I could get additional skewers keyed the same way and
never heard back from them.

I wrote to Pitlock last week about www.pitlock.com being down. They said they expect to have a US
distributor again in July.

The only other system I've used is the Kool Stop Quik Lox:

http://koolstop.com/brakes/accessories.html#quiklox

I wouldn't recommend it -- it's easy to split the cam if you bear down a little too hard when
closing the quick release.