Pitlock skewers...are they in USA yet ?

Banatean

Jul 26, 2003
Please help,i really want to buy 2 sets of lockable skewers from Pitlock of Germany (forget Kryptonite...:mad: ) but i don't know if they are dealing in USA or Canada ?,can somebody help ?
Thank you .

Originally posted by Banatean
Please help,i really want to buy 2 sets of lockable skewers from Pitlock of Germany (forget Kryptonite...:mad: ) but i don't know if they are dealing in USA or Canada ?,can somebody help ?
Thank you .
What do you guys use ? any preffered brand ?,i'm sure somebody thought about locking their wheels and seat...,funny the other day when i bought the Kryptonite Fahgetaboudit chain lock ;the sales person said ...wow stolen bike ?,i said no,why ?,he said: most people wait till something gets stolen then they buy a good lock !,i said not me buddy.....!
Thank you

What do you guys use ? any preffered brand ?,i'm sure somebody thought about locking their wheels and seat...,funny the other day when i bought the Kryptonite Fahgetaboudit chain lock ;the sales person said ...wow stolen bike ?,i said no,why ?,he said: most people wait till something gets stolen then they buy a good lock !,i said not me buddy.....!
Thank you
Well,i'm replying to my own post...,i just got an email from PitLock of Germany and they don't have (officialy) any dealers or distributors in Canada or the US.This lockable skewers are suposed to be the best out there but pricey... $ 107.50 EURO's for two sets (shiping included),or aroud $125 US ! ouch....

Thank you

I bought the Kryptonite New York 3000 U-Lock off wiggle. Its my first bike and was £250, I'd be ****** if I got it stolen, so investing in a solid lock is no problem. I didn't kno whether to get the chain or the U-Lock, but I'm happy with this. Its heavy mind, but it'll do the job and I won't worry. I'm gona have to look into these pitlock skewers, and not bother with gettin a chain aswell. If they're German, then I should be able to get them here in the UK. Are they rated the best lockable skewers? I've read bad things about the Krytonite skewers.

Hi,don't get me wrong;i too have invested nearly $3000 in 2 bikes so i'd be ****** off too if something happened.I too got the Kryptonite New York 3000 (2 of them...) and Kryptonite chain Fahgetaboudit but when i researched for their lockable skewers i read lots of bad stuff about them like they stripp very easy and even thou they are stainless steel they still rust very easily unless soaked like crazy in oil !,the ironic thing is that Kryptonite makes them right here in my city of Edmonton in Canada....they should have been good but they aren't.Thru my own research i found that PitLock is the skewer to have,a tad pricey like around $50 Euro a set !,let me know if you can get them in UK for cheaper.
Thank you NeonFrog-

Hi,don't get me wrong;i too have invested nearly $3000 in 2 bikes so i'd be ****** off too if something happened.I too got the Kryptonite New York 3000 (2 of them...) and Kryptonite chain Fahgetaboudit but when i researched for their lockable skewers i read lots of bad stuff about them like they stripp very easy and even thou they are stainless steel they still rust very easily unless soaked like crazy in oil !,the ironic thing is that Kryptonite makes them right here in my city of Edmonton in Canada....they should have been good but they aren't.Thru my own research i found that PitLock is the skewer to have,a tad pricey like around $50 Euro a set !,let me know if you can get them in UK for cheaper.
Thank you NeonFrog-

Will be ordering mine this Friday from a UK based site:

2 wheel set + 36mm seatbolt (£36)
or
2 wheel set + 60mm seatbolt (£38)
or
Front wheel only (£20)

I'm gona be gettin the 2 wheelset + seatbolt. I think it makes sense to have the seatbolt too.

Can you please tell me where you found this prices,and do they ship internationaly (to Canada) ?
Thanks againNeonFrog-

Can you please tell me where you found this prices,and do they ship internationaly (to Canada) ?
Thanks againNeonFrog-

I might want a set too... :p

Hi NeonFrog, it'd be good if you can disclose details of the UK online retailer for the Pitlocks. I'm interested in purchasing a set as well. Thanks. :D

Banatean said:
Thank you .
I have recently (March 2006) become an authorized PITLOCK dealer. I was annoyed at not being able to get the myself, since they were exactly what I was looking for. I import in quantity so I can offer them at prices that are at least reasonable to US and Canadian bikers.

My site URL is in my profile.