Pizza stone

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jonski, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Jonski

    Jonski Guest

    I've got a pizza stone, which makes the most delicious
    pizzas. (ActuaIly, my SO makes them usually!) I used to make
    the dough myself, but in the end it was easier to get a base
    ready made from the supermarket.

    I was wondering what else might be good to make on the
    stone?

    Cheers Jon

    Tags:

  2. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

    Jonski wrote:
    > I was wondering what else might be good to make on
    > the stone?

    Anything dough-based, i.e. bread and pizza. It depends on
    what you are looking for. If you want a crisp base with an
    evenly cooked top, you want to use a stone. Usually with
    bread you do not want a crispy base, but sometimes you do.

    Pizzas and calzones are probably the main things you want to
    use the stone for.

    --
    John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
    [email protected]

  3. Louis Cohen

    Louis Cohen Guest

    You can just leave it in the oven to help even out temps and
    keep the temp up when you open the oven door.

    ----------------
    ----
    Louis Cohen Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8'
    42.8"

    "Jonski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've got a pizza stone, which makes the most delicious
    > pizzas. (ActuaIly, my SO makes them usually!) I used to
    > make the dough myself, but in the end it was easier to get
    > a base ready made from the supermarket.
    >
    > I was wondering what else might be good to make on
    > the stone?
    >
    > Cheers Jon

  4. Jimlane

    Jimlane Guest

    Jonski wrote:
    > I've got a pizza stone, which makes the most delicious
    > pizzas. (ActuaIly, my SO makes them usually!) I used to
    > make the dough myself, but in the end it was easier to get
    > a base ready made from the supermarket.
    >
    > I was wondering what else might be good to make on
    > the stone?
    >
    > Cheers Jon

    Not for cooking, but holding food in oven proof dishware.
    Heat at low until it comes to temp, shut off the oven and
    put the food in.