Pizza with Pleurotus Mushrooms (a better post then Alienator's post)

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Alienator posted some deraileur stuff because there was lots of heat about him being a Troll so he tried to cool it down with some gears and springs... Like we care!
big-smile.png

Here is a delicious recipe:
smile.png

You will need:

For the dough:

2 glasses of all purpose flour. (You can go bio on this too)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 coffeespoon of salt
1/2 coffeespoon of sugar
3/4 coffeespoon dried yeast
3/4 glass of water (bottled water apparently makes a tastier dough)

For the toppings (suggestions):

3 small cluster tomatoes, hearty and tasty (since its winter probably from a greenhouse, organic ones might make a positive difference), cubed
3 stripes of freshly cut bacon, cut in pieces
400 grams of mozarella cheese, cubed
3 slices of gouda cheese (optional for a saltier taste, cut in small squares)
a drizzle of oregano
1 small tasty fresh green pepper (cut in rings).

200grams of fresh Pleurotus Mushrooms, cut in stripes.

Preparing the dough:

You mix the flour, sugar and salt in a big bowl. You dissolve the dried yeast in a glass with the bottled water. You start adding the water little by little and mix until you get a dough that doesnt stick and its moist and elastic.

After the dough is raised (dont use an oven for this, it will dry your dough) work it by holding it and letting it stretch into a round pizza. Work the edges with some water or tomato juice into a tray shape to hold the toppings whilst baking. Remember to dust the tray with some flour so the pizza wont get stuck to the tray .

On a small frying pan add 1 and 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin oil and bring to a moderate high temperature. Throw the Mushrooms and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and remove to a plate.

Place the cheeses, then the mushrooms, the pepper, then the tomatoes and bacon on the pizza dough. Finally drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over the pizza and a bit of freshly ground oregano.

Prewarm your oven in 240C and then add the pizza to bake for a while.

Enjoy a few pints whilst cooking and then the pizza with a nice movie like "Alienator ET go home allready"!
big-smile.png

Here in the US they are known as oyster mushrooms. Nice of you to take the time to post the recipe.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Here in the US they are known as oyster mushrooms. Nice of you to take the time to post the recipe.
Enjoy
smile.png
and may be "Alienator's" bullying away from you.
smile.png

Yeah, uh, I'm staying out of that one. Both of you have been helpful to me and supportive. I'll just be like Switzerland or Sweden and stay neutral.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Yeah, uh, I'm staying out of that one. Both of you have been helpful to me and supportive. I'll just be like Switzerland or Sweden and stay neutral.
He stopped bullying me! He is bullying some other forum members now...
big-smile.png