pizza

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by dcass1888, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. dcass1888

    dcass1888 Guest

    that calafornia thai chicken pizza sounds delicious what's on it apart
    from the obvious?

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (dcass1888), if that's their real name, wrote:

    >that calafornia thai chicken pizza sounds delicious what's on it apart
    >from the obvious?

    If you read the recipe, you already know what's on it. If you're a sloppy
    cook, there may be a hair on it. Possibly flies. If you leave it sitting
    around too long, you'll also have dust.

    HTH
    Carol

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    dcass1888 wrote:

    > that calafornia thai chicken pizza sounds delicious what's on it apart
    > from the obvious?

    You must have missed Damsel's post from about thirteen hours ago:

    California Pizza Kitchen Thai Chicken Pizza

    Notes: Makes 2 9-inch pizzas

    Ingredients and Directions:
    Spicy peanut sauce
    1/2 C. peanut butter
    1/2 C. hoisin sauce
    1 Tbsp. honey
    2 tsp. red wine vinegar
    2 tsp. minced ginger
    2 Tbsp. roasted sesame oil
    2 tsp. soy sauce
    1 tsp. Vietnamese chili sauce (or dried chili flakes)
    1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
    2 Tbsp. water

    Thai chicken pieces
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    10 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breast,cut into 3/4-inch cubes

    For the pizza
    make pizza dough,use your own recipe
    cornmeal or flour for handling
    2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
    4 scallions,slivered diagonally
    1/2 C. white bean sprouts
    1/4 C. shredded carrots chopped,roasted peanuts
    2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

    To make spicy sauce
    Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan over med. heat. Bring the sauce to
    a boil; boil gently for one minute. Divide into 2 portions for use on
    chicken and pizza;set aside.

    To make Thai chicken
    Cook the chicken in olive oil over med-high heat,stirring,until just
    cooked, 5 to 6 min..do not overcook. Set aside in refrigerator until
    chilled through. Once chilled,coat the chicken with 1/4c sauce. Set aside
    in refrigerator.

    To make the pizza
    use a large spoon to spread 1/4c sauce evenly over pizza dough within the
    rim. cover sauce with 3/4c cheese.
    Distribute half the chicken pieces over the cheese followed by half the
    green onions, bean sprouts,and carrots,respectively. Sprinkle an additional
    1/4c cheese over the toppings and top the pizza with 1T chopped peanuts.
    Transfer the pizza to oven;bake until crisp and golden and the cheese is
    bubbly, 9 to 10 min. When cooked through,remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle
    1T chopped cilantro over the hot cheesy surface.
    Repeat with remaining ingredients for a second pizza.

    Bob

  4. "Bob" <[email protected]_spammer.biz>, if that's his real name, wrote:

    >You must have missed Damsel's post from about thirteen hours ago:

    You're a lot nicer than I am.

    Carol

  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Carol wrote:

    > You're a lot nicer than I am.

    Just happened to catch me right after eating. In general, this poem which
    fits me well:

    The tiger in the tiger-pit
    Is not more irritable than I.
    The whipping tail is not more still
    Than when I smell the enemy
    Writhing in the essential blood
    Or dangling from the friendly tree.
    When I lay bare the tooth of wit
    The hissing over the archèd tongue
    Is more affectionate than hate,
    More bitter than the love of youth,
    And inaccessible by the young.
    Reflected from my golden eye
    The dullard knows that he is mad.
    Tell me if I am not glad!

    "Lines for an Old Man" by T.S. Eliot

    Bob

  6. "Bob" <[email protected]_spammer.biz>, if that's their real name, wrote:

    >Carol wrote:
    >
    >> You're a lot nicer than I am.

    >Just happened to catch me right after eating. In general, this poem which
    >fits me well:
    >
    > The tiger in the tiger-pit
    > Is not more irritable than I.
    > The whipping tail is not more still