places to ride around penrith

syrus_82

Aug 3, 2003
hey everybody, i am new to the penrith area and was just wondering where some good places to ride are?
cheeers
adam

Originally posted by syrus_82
hey everybody, i am new to the penrith area and was just wondering where some good places to ride are?
cheeers
adam

Hi,

Im also new to the area and would like to know some more rides to do. I tend to ride up the mountains to Katoomba which is a nice ride and another favourite is along Castlereagh Rd to the Richmond turn off then up Hawkesbury Rd / Springwood Rd to Springwood and down the mountains. This ride is a bit over 60km and up to Katoomba from Penrith is about 50km one way. Fast easy trip back down. Any other ideas??

hey
im from the hills district but ive heard 'the oaks' which is a trail up near glenwood station i think it is. ive yet to go there.
matt

Originally posted by MrCraftworks
hey
im from the hills district but ive heard 'the oaks' which is a trail up near glenwood station i think it is. ive yet to go there.
matt

It starts near Woodford Station and goes down to Glenbrook. All on 4WD track so only for the mountain bike. You could always ride up if you wanted to work hard and have a mountain bike!!