Plan to design a pedal with kickstand

Dean Chan

May 15, 2016
I plan to design a pedal with kickstand. Do you think you ever need such a product?

Pedal_FL-Mag.jpg

GIANT-High-Quality-27-5-Bike-Bicycle-Aluminum-Stand-font-b-Adjustable-b-font-for-24.jpg

I would be VERY interested in seeing such a design. Not that I think it sounds so much like a good idea, I am interested because it sounds like a very CHALLENGING project. I am also intrigued by the WHY. However, I am aware that concepts that seem to be "off the wall" frequently turn out to be the ones that turn out to be true gold mines. Good luck, and be sure to protect your design. documented publishing helps, but nothing beats a patent!

Can you explain how would it work? I'm having a really hard time imagining something like this.

No, spammer. I would never need such a product. Like the Wellgo pedal/kickstand you posted a thread on just the other day.

th

However, I would like you to design a pen that writes under whipped cream.

Bots.Everywhere...****ing bots.

No, spammer. I would never need such a product. Like the Wellgo pedal/kickstand you posted a thread on just the other day.

th

However, I would like you to design a pen that writes under whipped cream.

Bots.Everywhere...****ing bots.

I definitely disagree you guys to buy the products above because of its bad outlook.

Can you explain how would it work? I'm having a really hard time imagining something like this.

I plan to design a pedal using leg to trigger the kickstand rather than using hand, am I am now refining the design, perhaps I will post the rendering next week.

Great. I can't wait to see the lawsuits after accidental deployment.

Kickstarter campaign in 3...2...1...

I plan to design a pedal using leg to trigger the kickstand rather than using hand, am I am now refining the design, perhaps I will post the rendering next week.
UMmm ...

I think that it's admirable that you are trying to design-and-fabricate a new-or-improved cycling product ...

The Wellgo design is intriguing ...​

But, FYI, any bike which is NOT un-evenly balanced (left-to-right) can be readily held upright by simply bracing the pedal when it is in the 6 o'clock position against a curb, a tree, or any other stable-and-stationary object which is tall enough to meet the pedal ...

Obviously, the side of the pedal may be scratched through contact with a rough surface ...

But if it matters, then THAT can be remedied with (duct) tape over the outside edge of the pedal OR any other DIY remedy ....

Even an inexpensive "plastic" pedal is worth protecting ...

OF COURSE, a MTB pedal which sees regular trail contact doesn't need "tape" to protect it further.​

BTW. If were touring and wanted to have a "kickstand" then I would use a one which has two-feet & which balances the bike evenly.

Sounds like a very good idea, but I'm also having a hard time imagining how it will look. Can't wait to see your rendering!