Planet Bike Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentcruiser

Apr 18, 2003
Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I could to get it to work but it did not work.

I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.

AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.

Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!

I agree. Recently had a problem with a Stelvio tire and a Topeak floor pump and got excellent
service from both of them. Items replaced promptly with no hassle.

Jim C "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer service, I thought I would chime
> on a company who has excellent customer service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue
> on a newly purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I could to get
> it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After explaining all I went
> through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must have a bad computer. Send it in and we will
> replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like pulling teeth to get
> anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was superb from the phone conversation to the
> return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!
>
>
>
> --
> Derek, Burley Canto
>
> >--------------------------<
> Posted via cyclingforums.com http://www.cyclingforums.com

On a little larger note. Earlier this spring I noticed a crack in the weld around the headtube of my
Optima Baron. This was a problem I had heard about on the web. I emailed the current US distributer
(not in business when I bought the bike) and Optima. Both were very helpful and replaced my frame
with a new one for only the cost of shipping the old one to Cincinati. It took awhile for the new
frame to come in (~10 weeks, same as for a new bike) but it is the new frame reinforced around the
headtube. Craig

bentcruiser <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer service, I thought I would chime
> on a company who has excellent customer service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue
> on a newly purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I could to get
> it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After explaining all I went
> through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must have a bad computer. Send it in and we will
> replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like pulling teeth to get
> anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was superb from the phone conversation to the
> return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.