planet bike fenders on V2 [pics]

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill B

Bill B Guest

Tags:

2. Ken Kramer

Ken Kramer Guest

Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
    wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum size
    for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo
    page
    > go to http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on
    > V2" recumbentbill

3. Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
    1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
    2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)

It looks like they just downcopied normal "bluemels popular" fenders.

I bet most SWB-riders could use a dedicated SWB front fender with long reach and supports in front
    of the fork.

Well - it's getting better all the time..

Torben

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo
    page
    > go to http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on
    > V2" recumbentbill

4. Bill B

Bill B Guest

"Ken Kramer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
    > wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum
    > size for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.
    >
    >
    Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

5. Hillel

Hillel Guest

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just installed the planet bike fenders on a bacchetta giro without much difficulty. The 20"
    > front fender was a perfect fit. The 26" rear fender required some minor adjustments to adapt the
    > front mount.

How did the front fender attach? I thought Giros do not have a mounting hole in the front fork.

6. Derek Swift

Derek Swift Guest

> Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

KEWL! That is what my Canto runs (or will when it finally gets here this week!) I ordered
    fenders...blindly. But I think they should work.

The FAQ on Planet Bike's website has suggested tire widths for fenders, fyi

Derek

7. Don

Don Guest

I just installed the planet bike fenders on a bacchetta giro without much difficulty. The 20"
    front fender was a perfect fit. The 26" rear fender required some minor adjustments to adapt the
    front mount.

Torben Scheel wrote:

> Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
    > 1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
    > 2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)
    >

I agree that another mid fender mount would be a nice addition. Overall, I am pleased with
    the product.

Don Bacchetta Giro

Bill B wrote:

> just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo page go to
    > http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on V2"
    > recumbentbill

8. Don

Don Guest

I had purchased the Giro in mid November 2002 and it came with the hole for standard mounting. I
    suspect that this is a design modification on later models. I was aware that earlier Giros did not
    have that hole. I have heard of at least one individual who drilled out the hole themselves. I
    understand that the Hostel Shoppe fender specific to the Giro has some type of mount that is a
    solution for forks without the hole.

Don

Hillel wrote:

> "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>I just installed the planet bike fenders on a bacchetta giro without much difficulty. The 20"
    >>front fender was a perfect fit. The 26" rear fender required some minor adjustments to adapt the
    >>front mount.
    >>
    >
    >
    > How did the front fender attach? I thought Giros do not have a mounting hole in the front fork.
    >
    >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.