planet bike fenders on V2 [pics]

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Tags:

  2. Ken Kramer

    Ken Kramer Guest

    Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
    wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum size
    for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo
    page
    > go to http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on
    > V2" recumbentbill

  3. Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
    1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
    2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)

    It looks like they just downcopied normal "bluemels popular" fenders.

    I bet most SWB-riders could use a dedicated SWB front fender with long reach and supports in front
    of the fork.

    Well - it's getting better all the time..

    Torben

    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo
    page
    > go to http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on
    > V2" recumbentbill

  4. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    "Ken Kramer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
    > wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum
    > size for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.

    Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

  5. Hillel

    Hillel Guest

    "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just installed the planet bike fenders on a bacchetta giro without much difficulty. The 20"
    > front fender was a perfect fit. The 26" rear fender required some minor adjustments to adapt the
    > front mount.

    How did the front fender attach? I thought Giros do not have a mounting hole in the front fork.

  6. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    > Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

    KEWL! That is what my Canto runs (or will when it finally gets here this week!) I ordered
    fenders...blindly. But I think they should work.

    The FAQ on Planet Bike's website has suggested tire widths for fenders, fyi

    Derek

  7. Don

    Don Guest

    Torben Scheel wrote:

    > Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
    > 1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
    > 2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)

    I agree that another mid fender mount would be a nice addition. Overall, I am pleased with
    the product.

    Don Bacchetta Giro

    Bill B wrote:

    > just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo page go to
    > http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on V2"
    > recumbentbill

  8. Don

    Don Guest

    I had purchased the Giro in mid November 2002 and it came with the hole for standard mounting. I
    suspect that this is a design modification on later models. I was aware that earlier Giros did not
    have that hole. I have heard of at least one individual who drilled out the hole themselves. I
    understand that the Hostel Shoppe fender specific to the Giro has some type of mount that is a
    solution for forks without the hole.

    Don