planet bike fenders on V2 [pics]

Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum size
for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo
page
> go to http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on
> V2" recumbentbill

Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)

It looks like they just downcopied normal "bluemels popular" fenders.

I bet most SWB-riders could use a dedicated SWB front fender with long reach and supports in front
of the fork.

Well - it's getting better all the time..

Torben

"Ken Kramer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Nice looking fenders with form fitting mudflaps, no less. What size tires are your running? I am
> wondering what is the maximum size tire that can be accommodated by these fenders. The maximum
> size for stock RANS fenders seems to be 1.5" tire.

Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I just installed the planet bike fenders on a bacchetta giro without much difficulty. The 20"
> front fender was a perfect fit. The 26" rear fender required some minor adjustments to adapt the
> front mount.

How did the front fender attach? I thought Giros do not have a mounting hole in the front fork.

> Comet 20 x 1.75 on front comet 26 x 1.5 on rear looks like they might fit/cover a comp pool front

KEWL! That is what my Canto runs (or will when it finally gets here this week!) I ordered
fenders...blindly. But I think they should work.

The FAQ on Planet Bike's website has suggested tire widths for fenders, fyi

Derek

Torben Scheel wrote:

> Nice fenders. But WHY do they not
> 1 : put three sets of supports on the rear fender or
> 2 : locate them symetric (i.e. pay respect to the typical recumbent rear)

I agree that another mid fender mount would be a nice addition. Overall, I am pleased with
the product.

Don Bacchetta Giro

Bill B wrote:

> just put them on ---took pics and created new album for my webshots photo page go to
> http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill and look for album "planet bike fenders on V2"
> recumbentbill

I had purchased the Giro in mid November 2002 and it came with the hole for standard mounting. I
suspect that this is a design modification on later models. I was aware that earlier Giros did not
have that hole. I have heard of at least one individual who drilled out the hole themselves. I
understand that the Hostel Shoppe fender specific to the Giro has some type of mount that is a
solution for forks without the hole.

Don