Planet Bike RECUMBENT Fenders

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Derek Swift, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  3. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Derek Swift) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

    Dang! Just when I get a set of Planet Bike fenders mounted on my Tour Easy.

    BTW: As long as you don't mind the mismatched curve, a 700C fender works fine on the front with a
    451 wheel. The back sticks down a bunch (it scrapes when going over speed bumps), but it does keep
    the water off of the feet.

    Jeff

  5. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    [email protected] (Derek Swift) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

    Dang! Just when I get a set of Planet Bike fenders mounted on my Tour Easy.

    BTW: As long as you don't mind the mismatched curve, a 700C fender works fine on the front with a
    451 wheel. The back sticks down a bunch (it scrapes when going over speed bumps), but it does keep
    the water off of the feet.

    Jeff

  6. Sicklizard

    Sicklizard Guest

    I can add my testimonial for Planet Bike fenders. Put a set on my V-Rex cause my LBS and RANS
    couldn't supply a fender kit when I purchased my bike last year. I got the MTB set and had to do a
    little bit of trimming to fit the fork and chain stays. I just forced the front fender to fit the
    20" diameter of the front wheel with the adjustable fender struts and it looks and functions well.

    Lou

    "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

  7. Sicklizard

    Sicklizard Guest

    I can add my testimonial for Planet Bike fenders. Put a set on my V-Rex cause my LBS and RANS
    couldn't supply a fender kit when I purchased my bike last year. I got the MTB set and had to do a
    little bit of trimming to fit the fork and chain stays. I just forced the front fender to fit the
    20" diameter of the front wheel with the adjustable fender struts and it looks and functions well.

    Lou

    "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

  8. 98gtw

    98gtw Guest

    Mine arrived today (they're going on the Screamer). They look good. Gonna gotta get some for the
    other bikes. Wish they made the smaller ones in some of the other colors.

    Dave

    "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

  9. 98gtw

    98gtw Guest

    Mine arrived today (they're going on the Screamer). They look good. Gonna gotta get some for the
    other bikes. Wish they made the smaller ones in some of the other colors.

    Dave

    "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thought everyone might like to know that the company Planet Bike is now offering their Freddy
    > Fenders for Recumbents:
    >
    > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Derek

  10. Paul Minnis

    Paul Minnis Guest

    I bought these fenders after my RANS Stratus rear fender broke. The PB fenders were inexpensive,
    easy to install, and have worked well for about two months. I prefer PB's plain black finish
    compared to RANS' faux-fiberglass pattern, and I really like the mudflaps (although it can easily
    catch leaves under the front fender). paul

    rorschandt <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Derek Swift) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > http://www.planetbike.com/fenders.html
    >
    > Thanks! I'm buying three. rorschandt

  11. Paul Minnis