Planning a cross country ride

Grand Commander

Jul 9, 2005
Hi, Im new here and was wondering if I could get some help from any of you guys. I am planning on doing a cross country ride in 2 years from now. I need help on how I can plan out my route, I am travelling from Atlanta, Georgia to Las Angeles California. I also was wondering if any one knows where I can find highway biking laws. It would be much easier if I could ride on the shoulder of highways but it is doubtful that it is legal.

If you have any other tips please send them my way.

Thank You,

Patrick

Grand Commander said:
Hi, Im new here and was wondering if I could get some help from any of you guys. I am planning on doing a cross country ride in 2 years from now. I need help on how I can plan out my route, I am travelling from Atlanta, Georgia to Las Angeles California. I also was wondering if any one knows where I can find highway biking laws. It would be much easier if I could ride on the shoulder of highways but it is doubtful that it is legal.
Hi Patrick, I'm new here also and like you, am planning a cross country ride for next year. If you haven't already discovered the Adventure Cycling Association, check out their site:

http://adventurecycling.org

You'll find routes and maps and lots of planning help for such a tour.

Robert