planning for a unicycle

thanks for leting me know
although that will be hardly to hart when i learn, i will still put on
my helmet

i dont even know hong kong had a uni club
unfortunately, i am in los angeles right now and wont be back until
2008 or 2009

by the way
most of the member are not local, isn't it true?
---------------------------

i cant wait for the tricks...

--
himmhui
http://www.usenet.com

Wheeliefine wrote:
> Don’t worry – you won’t hurt yourself when you are
> learning. (That comes later!) For your first 10-20 hours,
> you’ll be just getting the hang of riding around on the flat. You
> won’t fall to the ground – when you lose balance, the wheel
> just shoots away from under you, and you are left standing, unharmed
> (or maybe just a little tumble).
>
> So I disagree with skilewis74 – when you are first learning you
> don’t need helmet, or even pads. As you get better, and can do
> more, that’s when you should put the protection on.
>
> And hey – you’re from Hong Kong! Look us up when you come
> back – www.unihk.org. We play unicycle hockey.

While teaching a friend to ride, against my advise, road away from the
railing, fell off and broke his wrist. So untill you learn how to UPD
consistently on your feet I think a rail and full pads should be used.

Some people always UPD'd on their feet, others frequently don't
(including me, so I always wear wrist guards and helmet-you only get
one brain and all it takes is one bad hit and you could wind up dead or
a vegetable).

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com

HELMET is already important
w/o it, we could be dead super easy
anywhere,anytime

--
himmhui
http://www.usenet.com

UPD = unplanned dismount (not a fall, just when you have to step off the
wheel, eg. after hitting an unexpected bump)

The Hong Kong club has a healthy mixture of young and old, men and
women, and assorted skin colours ;-)

--
Wheeliefine
http://www.usenet.com