Plant protein vs meat protein for cycling

Eltell

Jan 21, 2017
So it seems the debate goes on...I have seen a lot lately to convince me their is something in going veggie - i mean there are dozens of top athletes out there who are veggies who look great and at the top of their game...look at Mo Farah!
Can any veggies out there convince me it is the right thing to do or are their any meatarians who have tried it but gone back!
Anyway, some good reading here...Ride Strong With Plant Protein

Reactions: Lucy.P
Unfortunately everyone is different, and not everyone will benefit from a vegge diet. I tried a vegge diet with the guidance of a licensed dietitian and licensed nutritionist who knew I was a cyclist. The first month she had to up my protein from the normal because I didn't have any energy to ride the bike, after 3 months my energy levels were still poor so she made some other changes, nothing, more changes and more of nothing, this went on for almost a year when I finally got wise and unplugged from the program. After resuming meat my energy levels bounded back pretty quickly and my cycling levels slowly came back up.

Yes there are some people who can process vegges and do so quite well but there are others where that doesn't work like me. So if changing to a veggie diet makes you want to squeal with delight that you're not killing innocent animals to eat then try it and see if works for you. Animals have been eaten for thousands of years, there is nothing wrong with doing so, it's the reason they were put here, and if we didn't eat them one of their other predators would, and if you are of the belief that we are also animals then we're on all animals predator list, don't forget there are animals that will eat us too.

Is that plant protein coming from soya? If you are a vegetarian, I guess it is your call to eat protein from vegetables. But for the carnivores like me, I would prefer protein from meat particularly steak. It is one of my favorite protein source although I always have a side dish of vegetables with my steak. And the best protein supplier is boiled beef.

I think much better to eat the protein coming from meat, the body needs that specially if you are active in cycling. Meat protein will give you a lot of energy compare to veggie protein. I think they just chose the veggie protein just to help them to their diet.

The 2 proteins are structurally different and humans can utilize the protein coming from animals more readily to provide energy compared to plant protein, so meat is still recommended. However, if you are vegetarian, you can still obtain protein from vegetables but you have to supplement to obtain all the nutrients needed by the body.

I think it's in the genes of the person, I mean if you're from a long line of meat eaters then your metabolism is more attuned to meat, and the same goes for a vegetarian. Our bodies evolve and adapt to our surroundings and likewise to what we are eating.
A good example are Shaolin Buddhist Monks, they're generally vegetarians but their energy level is off the charts, because most of them came from families which predominantly eat veggies. I think I came from a long line of carnivores, can't eat without meat.

I like and enjoy meat which is the reason I would say that meaty proteins is the best for me. As long as I am doing the right things to remain on course with that which is going to give me a better result, I won't mind having to take a step towards that.

I like and enjoy meat which is the reason I would say that meaty proteins is the best for me. As long as I am doing the right things to remain on course with that which is going to give me a better result, I won't mind having to take a step towards that.[/QUOTE
And I think protein is protein, whether it comes from meat or vegetables. But some says protein from vegetables is incomplete and lack of amino acids. But actually for me, after the long ride, I love to eat meats as a reward. LOL.

About 20% of the human body is made up of Protein. Because our body doesn't store protein, it's important to get enough from your diet each day. Everyone has their own taste and preferences but according to my point of view meat protein is best for for cycling.

Professional Quotation Template

Man is omnivorous. This doesn't mean that one diet of another won't work. But man really isn't physically designed to eat the huge amounts of carbohydrates that he gets in the modern diet. That said, the average age of death keeps going up and up. Cancer which used to be unknown because man didn't like long enough to have it develop is now a major cause of death. My viewpoint is - don't overdo anything and don't worry about your diet.

I am a meat eater and have been all my life except for two weeks I went without meat.

I always preferred carne asada or pollo over some carnitas.

Unfortunately everyone is different, and not everyone will benefit from a vegge diet. I tried a vegge diet with the guidance of a licensed dietitian and licensed nutritionist who knew I was a cyclist. The first month she had to up my protein from the normal because I didn't have any energy to ride the bike, after 3 months my energy levels were still poor so she made some other changes, nothing, more changes and more of nothing, this went on for almost a year when I finally got wise and unplugged from the program. After resuming meat my energy levels bounded back pretty quickly and my cycling levels slowly came back up.

Yes there are some people who can process vegges and do so quite well but there are others where that doesn't work like me. So if changing to a veggie diet makes you want to squeal with delight that you're not killing innocent animals to eat then try it and see if works for you. Animals have been eaten for thousands of years, there is nothing wrong with doing so, it's the reason they were put here, and if we didn't eat them one of their other predators would, and if you are of the belief that we are also animals then we're on all animals predator list, don't forget there are animals that will eat us too.
MUSCLE AND MYTH: ANIMAL VERSUS PLANT PROTEIN. Meat is usually considered the most protein-rich food, yet plants supply most of the protein consumed by humans globally. ... Whole grain cereals, nuts, beans and legumes, and an amazing array of fermented plant foods such as tofu and tempeh, are all rich sources of protein.

Yes there are some people who can process vegges and do so quite well but there are others where that doesn't work like me. So if changing to a veggie diet makes you want to squeal with delight that you're not killing innocent animals to eat then try it and see if works for you. Pnr Status TextNow VPN Animals have been eaten for thousands of years, there is nothing wrong with doing so, it's the reason they were put here, and if we didn't eat them one of their other predators would, and if you are of the belief that we are also animals then we're on all animals predator list, don't forget there are animals that will eat us too.
For gaining muscle, animal protein edges out plant protein in several important ways.
It contains higher amounts of essential amino acids and is generally digested and absorbed better.
That doesn’t mean that plant-fueled athletes can’t make gains, though.
They just have to put a bit more thought into their meal planning and choose their sources of protein more carefully.
And regardless of what types of protein you eat, remember that more important is simply eating enough every day. If you eat too little of the highest quality protein, you’ll struggle to gain muscle.

You can use not even the proteins themselves but stuff called peptides.
Those are small fragments of proteins directly used for muscle building, skincare, and even weight loss. You can use a peptide that fits you the most and try them out. These molecules are simpler and shorter than proteins, so they are easier absorbed by the body cells. This makes this stuff work faster and more effective for beginners whose body is not yet ready for proteins.
You can just try them out and see whether you want to continue. They are not as expensive as proteins are.

Well according to me both is required for an athlete in an equal amount. Both has its own significance, but my idea of consideration plant protein is much better than animal protein many athlete depend on plant protein . Taking right amount of protein is very much important for one.

Now the world has begun to think that we are living wrong, that we need to save everyone on this planet, that we are so bad and therefore we should not eat meat, but eat grass. I fundamentally disagree with this. People from time immemorial are omnivores. Some tribes hunted, killed animals, and ate them, while others were engaged in collecting fruits, berries, and roots. Therefore, these disputes about what is more useful will always be. I personally consider myself a tribe that eats animals, and I feel great. I love grilling a fat steak on the weekend and it gives me the energy to ride my bike for the whole week.