Platanos con moros y christianos

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by The Bubbo, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Dinner tonight!
    Had 2 plantains. Neither was ripe enough to be made into maduros, both were
    too ripe for tostones so I peeled them and sliced them thin and fried them til
    crispy. Served them with spiced black beans, white rice and a sauce made with
    orange juice, lime juice, garlic and salt. So tasty!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com

    Tags:

  2. Sorry, I think I missed this post a day or so ago.
    What oil/fat did you fry the platanos in?
    I've eaten them but never cooked them.
    I do make moros & cristianos - I think at first I fell in love with
    the name! The last time I made them they were to accompany a pork
    tenderloin cuban style (orange & lime juices, oregano and garlic.
    Grilled & served with Barb Schaller's cherry jam made into a
    chipotle/lime glaze.
    Lyann from Fargo

  3. The Bubbo

    The Bubbo Guest

    Lynn from Fargo wrote:
    > Sorry, I think I missed this post a day or so ago.
    > What oil/fat did you fry the platanos in?
    > I've eaten them but never cooked them.
    > I do make moros & cristianos - I think at first I fell in love with
    > the name! The last time I made them they were to accompany a pork
    > tenderloin cuban style (orange & lime juices, oregano and garlic.
    > Grilled & served with Barb Schaller's cherry jam made into a
    > chipotle/lime glaze.
    > Lyann from Fargo

    I just fried them up in canola oil.
    I like to fry them until they are very very dark.