plateau advice needed on what i am eating

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by B Sneap, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. B Sneap

    B Sneap Guest

    im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to excersise
    due to long hours at work although i do about 10 min a day on excersise bike

    daily food intake what i been eating: MONDAY EXAMPLE

    breakfast: slimfast strawberry shake 217cal Lunch : slimfast choc shake 217cal

    Dinner :100g of ovenchips sainsburys be good to yourself low fat 112 cal, 2 bbq chicken gridders
    210 cal,2 pieces of weight watchers bread 94cal, a few chicken dippers 50 cal = total of 460cal ish
    on average.

    daily : 1100 ish + after snacks and drinks

    SNACKS consist of: Cheesy strings 69cal tescos toffee cake slices 75cal weight watchers desserts
    165cal 3 points slimfast snack bar 91cal banana 100cal

    example meals MAIN MEALS : Weight watchers ocean pie and 100g of crispy potateos =450cal weight
    watchers curry and potateos = 450 +dessert yogurt or somin weight watchers lasagna and potateos =
    450 + dessert yog or somin 100g low fat chips , 5 chicken dippers, 2 slices bread and pro active
    butter =450

    all my lunch and breakfasts are a slimfast shake and my main meal is about 500 cal each night with a
    snak DRINKS flavoured pink grapefruit water pure orange juice Actimel strawberry

    I Dont eat choc, sweets, crisps, drink coke, iv had no alcohol, dont smoke my basic calorie intake
    is 1200 a day including snaks

    my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the weight watchers meals have
    brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to much, plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00 a month
    30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook it. im very fussy on food, i aint
    keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like that. and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im
    tired and want to sleep and its late, and i start early morning and work on a checkout so i get no
    excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose weight and i only got
    40.00 to spend as im poor :(

    i need advice, if anyone has any good advice.

    becky

    Tags:

  2. Marc Heimann

    Marc Heimann Guest

    B Sneap wrote:

    > my basic calorie intake is 1200 a day including snaks

    Please post your height and weight, 1200 kcal a day sounds awfully low to me.

    Going too low on calories is a bad idea since your stupid body thinks there is an emergency and
    starts saving energy in the form of fat for later.

    The optimal caloric intake is: Fat loss = 12 - 13 calories per lb. of bodyweight

    So, if you're at a body weight of 100 to 92 lbs that amount of food is ok.

    > i need advice, if anyone has any good advice.

    I'm not a fan of slimfast products at all, if you want a convenient meal replacement get e
    good protein powder from your gym or health store and use that instead. And it should be
    cheaper as well :)

    You might want to eat a little more if you are well below your maintenance caloric intake.

    On the other hand, if you have lost a lot of weight it might be time to recalculate your
    caloric needs.

    Cheers Marc

  3. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:55:35 -0000, "B Sneap" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to
    >excersise due to long hours at work although i do about 10 min a day on excersise bike

    Some time ago we had a post from a lady who was a working single mum. She wanted to lose weight and
    was trying to find ways in which to get along to WW despite the problems she faced. I thought that
    was brilliant and I think she will be very successful.

    This post is quite the opposite. You are making up reasons why you can't do the right things. You
    are a fussy eater - yet you eat slimfast You don't have any money - yet you eat slimfast and WW
    meals which must cost you far more than fresh stuff You want low calories - yet you waste half your
    calories each day on snacks and deserts.

    >my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the weight watchers meals have
    >brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to much, plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00 a month
    >30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook it. im very fussy on food, i
    >aint keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like that. and excersise is a prob as by the time i get
    >home im tired and want to sleep and its late, and i start early morning and work on a checkout so i
    >get no excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose weight and i only
    >got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    >
    >i need advice, if anyone has any good advice

    Eat your BMR - 500 calories each day http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html exercise more
    http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

    Stop buying slimfast and WW and buy some fresh food.

    Stop making excuses and start making changes.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  4. B Sneap

    B Sneap Guest

    how wat like, many fresh food dosnt last for 4 weeks, i get paid once every
    4 weeks and have no income wot soever during that. and live on my own, so i
    need frozen foods :S fruit dosnt last 4 weeks, and fridge stuff.

    what else is there to buy, i struggle with my weekly milk and bread :( so making sandwiches for
    lunch andmy luch meal is the hardest and breakfast thats why i chose slimfast cos its a easy shake,
    then all i got to worry about is my meal which is frozen and will keep for 4 weeks.. its not easy

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:55:35 -0000, "B Sneap" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to
    > >excersise due to long hours at work although i do
    about
    > >10 min a day on excersise bike
    >
    > Some time ago we had a post from a lady who was a working single mum. She wanted to lose weight
    > and was trying to find ways in which to get along to WW despite the problems she faced. I thought
    > that was brilliant and I think she will be very successful.
    >
    > This post is quite the opposite. You are making up reasons why you can't do the right things. You
    > are a fussy eater - yet you eat slimfast You don't have any money - yet you eat slimfast and WW
    > meals which must cost you far more than fresh stuff You want low calories - yet you waste half
    > your calories each day on snacks and deserts.
    >
    > >my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the
    weight
    > >watchers meals have brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to much, plus my buget is
    > >very,limited to 60,00 a month 30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook
    > >it. im very fussy on food, i aint keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like
    that.
    > >and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im tired and want to
    sleep
    > >and its late, and i start early morning and work on a checkout so i get
    no
    > >excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose weight and i
    only
    > >got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    > >
    > >i need advice, if anyone has any good advice
    >
    > Eat your BMR - 500 calories each day http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html exercise more
    > http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
    >
    > Stop buying slimfast and WW and buy some fresh food.
    >
    > Stop making excuses and start making changes.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

  5. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Just because you get paid once a month doesn't mean you have to go shopping only once a month. I
    used to live by myself and get paid once a month, and yet I still managed to buy fresh fruit and veg
    every week. It all comes down to budget. If you stopped spending so much on slimfast, bought some
    breakfast cereal, milk, and fresh stuff for lunches you'd get a lot more variety. I find that when I
    eat a larger variety of food my weightloss is much better.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "B Sneap" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > how wat like, many fresh food dosnt last for 4 weeks, i get paid once
    every
    > 4 weeks and have no income wot soever during that. and live on my own, so
    > need frozen foods :S fruit dosnt last 4 weeks, and fridge stuff.
    >
    > what else is there to buy, i struggle with my weekly milk and bread :( so making sandwiches for
    > lunch andmy luch meal is the hardest and breakfast thats why i chose slimfast cos its a easy
    > shake, then all i got to worry about is my meal which is frozen and will keep for 4 weeks.. its
    > not easy
    >
    > "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:55:35 -0000, "B Sneap" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to
    > > >excersise due to long hours at work although i do
    > about
    > > >10 min a day on excersise bike
    > >
    > > Some time ago we had a post from a lady who was a working single mum. She wanted to lose weight
    > > and was trying to find ways in which to get along to WW despite the problems she faced. I
    > > thought that was brilliant and I think she will be very successful.
    > >
    > > This post is quite the opposite. You are making up reasons why you can't do the right things.
    > > You are a fussy eater - yet you eat slimfast You don't have any money - yet you eat slimfast and
    > > WW meals which must cost you far more than fresh stuff You want low calories - yet you waste
    > > half your calories each day on snacks and deserts.
    > >
    > > >my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the
    > weight
    > > >watchers meals have brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to
    much,
    > > >plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00 a month 30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy
    > > >fancy food and cook it. im very fussy on food, i aint keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like
    > that.
    > > >and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im tired and want to
    > sleep
    > > >and its late, and i start early morning and work on a checkout so i get
    > no
    > > >excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose weight and i
    > only
    > > >got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    > > >
    > > >i need advice, if anyone has any good advice
    > >
    > > Eat your BMR - 500 calories each day http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html exercise
    > > more http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
    > >
    > > Stop buying slimfast and WW and buy some fresh food.
    > >
    > > Stop making excuses and start making changes.
    > >
    > > Ray
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk
    > > 273/202/182

  6. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    B Sneap wrote:

    > im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to
    > excersise due to long hours at work although i do about 10 min a day on excersise bike
    >
    > daily food intake what i been eating: MONDAY EXAMPLE
    >
    > breakfast: slimfast strawberry shake 217cal Lunch : slimfast choc shake 217cal
    >
    > Dinner :100g of ovenchips sainsburys be good to yourself low fat 112 cal, 2 bbq chicken gridders
    > 210 cal,2 pieces of weight watchers bread 94cal, a few chicken dippers 50 cal = total of 460cal
    > ish on average.
    >
    > daily : 1100 ish + after snacks and drinks
    >
    > SNACKS consist of: Cheesy strings 69cal tescos toffee cake slices 75cal weight watchers desserts
    > 165cal 3 points slimfast snack bar 91cal banana 100cal
    >
    > example meals MAIN MEALS : Weight watchers ocean pie and 100g of crispy potateos =450cal weight
    > watchers curry and potateos = 450 +dessert yogurt or somin weight watchers lasagna and potateos =
    > 450 + dessert yog or somin 100g low fat chips , 5 chicken dippers, 2 slices bread and pro active
    > butter =450
    >
    > all my lunch and breakfasts are a slimfast shake and my main meal is about 500 cal each night with
    > a snak DRINKS flavoured pink grapefruit water pure orange juice Actimel strawberry
    >
    > I Dont eat choc, sweets, crisps, drink coke, iv had no alcohol, dont smoke my basic calorie intake
    > is 1200 a day including snaks
    >
    > my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the weight watchers meals have
    > brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to much, plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00 a
    > month 30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook it. im very fussy on
    > food, i aint keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like that. and excersise is a prob as by the time
    > i get home im tired and want to sleep and its late, and i start early morning and work on a
    > checkout so i get no excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose
    > weight and i only got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    >
    > i need advice, if anyone has any good advice.
    >
    > becky

    Not enough shubbery! ;) My leaders advice is to go back and look at a week in which you lost well
    and do that again:'If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always [email protected] is
    her little saying. Works, too.

    I'd say cut out the Slimfast: those things are a horrible price and have less nutritional value than
    you'd get from real food. Real food does not have to be time consuming or difficult, and lots of
    vegetables can be disguised. Vegetables are filling and CHEAP! You need grean leafy stuff and other
    vegetables for the bulk (to stop you feeling hungry), the vitimines and minerals, and (very
    important!) the fibre conyent.

    I tend to make a BIG pot of soup with loads of vegetables in: if you don't like the taste and
    texture, thry blitzing them to a puree. Loads of veggies suddenly acquire a much more interesting
    flavour when blended, and lost of soups are zero or very low in points.

    A typical day's food for me:

    Wheetabix or shredded wheat and milk: 3 points, and takes no longer to plonk in a bowl and eat than
    making a SF shake

    Carrot and corriander soup - BIG bowl! No points, but 2 veg portions (I make this at the weekend and
    eat it several times during the week) 2 standard slices of bread with a scrape of Low Fat olive
    marge: 2.5 points 1 Go Ahead cake bar: 2 points - my little treat!

    Low fat saussages -2 for 3 points Low fat oven chips - 3 points Peas and carrots - the peas make it
    1 point for vegetables, but there were two whole veg portions on the plate! WW yoghurts - 2 for 1
    point, and my calcium for the day. Kiwi fruit: half a point and another fruit & veg...

    This left me with a total of 16 points used on meals, leaving me 6 to snack on, and I earned another
    2.5 for my walk, giving me 8.5... I also consumed all five recommended fruit and veg portions.

    You may need to make yourself eat the vegetables to start with, but if you find quick and easy
    things to do with them, it makes life easier. I like Medeterrainean roast vegetables: hack a red
    pepper, 2 courgettes, an onion, and a fenel bulb into chunks... Add a few cherry tomatoes and some
    button muchrooms. Spread out in a shallow dish, spray with a little olive oil, scatter a few mixed
    herbs over it, and zap in the M/W for 5 minutes: then shove in the oven along with a chicken breast
    and a portion of low fat oven chips, and dinner will be all ready in 25 minutes.

    If you eat half the veg, that's about 2 portions, so almost half you daily requirement. Save the
    rest for the next night. Use them for pasta sauce: blat them into chunks in the food processor and
    heat through with half a can of chopped tomatoes and 10 halved olives (half a point there!): serve
    with a portion of pasta for 3 points, and follow with a Muller Lite yoghurt: 3 veg portions, and
    dinner for 5 points! If you have the points, throw an ounce of grated cheese over it, or add some
    chopped bacon to the sauce, and get a little more protein in. I often use a mixture very like this
    to make a pasta bake, mixing the sauce with fusili and putting the grated cheese on the top to toast
    in the oven.

    You can save time by making a bigger batch of roast veg and freezing half for another time, or
    using the cooked veg as tasty low point sandwich fillings, jacket spud fillings, and pasta sauce
    bases as above.

    Chicken breasts are much cheaper than nugets, and much better for you. Try making your own herby
    version: 1 chicken breast, cut into chunks - 2.5 points 1 slice of bread - 1 point (Blat it into
    crumbs) teaspoom of mixed herbs 1 teaspoon of olive oil - 1 point

    Put the whole lot into a plastic bag and shake about until the chicken is coated: tip out onto a
    baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for about 20 mins. Eat with chunky cut vegetables such as
    carrots, celery and peppers. You can use a WW salsa as a dipping sauce, or a little low fat mayo.

    I think (and this is just my personal take) that what you need to do is wean yourself off so much
    expensive pre-packages, manufactured food, and on to healthier home prepared low fat simple versions
    of the things you like. Yes, it DOES take a little more planning and a little more time, but this is
    something you may need to do to get the results you want. Relying on the slimfast type thing does
    not teach you good habits you can keep to for the rest of your life. If I sound a bit teachery here,
    sorry, but that's what I was in a former life.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    JulieB wrote:

    > Just because you get paid once a month doesn't mean you have to go shopping only once a month. I
    > used to live by myself and get paid once a month, and yet I still managed to buy fresh fruit and
    > veg every week. It all comes down to budget. If you stopped spending so much on slimfast, bought
    > some breakfast cereal, milk, and fresh stuff for lunches you'd get a lot more variety. I find that
    > when I eat a larger variety of food my weightloss is much better.

    I agree! Most people get paid once a month. You have to pay the monthly bills, put aside that months
    ration for the quarterlies, and devide the rest up into 4 for the weeks of the month. Buy the stuff
    that keeps well in bigger packs less often, for the volume saving, and buy fresh stuff when needed.

    PLANNING also helps: I plan the meals for the week ahead and we buy to the plan. That way no food is
    wasted. Eggs keep for weeks in the fridge, as does cheese, root vegetables, apples (otherwise how
    would we have them all year when they are harvested in the autumn?). Stuff that really doesn't keep
    well needs to be bought more regularly.

    It's all a matter of learning how to budget for a healthy life. Start comparing prices: how much
    does a WW ready meal cost, and how much fresh food could you buy for that? I can usually feed the
    whole family (2 adults and a growing lad of 9) for the cost of a WW frozem meal for one.

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  8. I used to buy my food once a month, I figured out my menus. I bought canned
    vegetables first to make sure I had two cans of those each day, then I
    bought canned tuna and canned beef and yes at that time spam as well. I
    divided the rest of my money into three envelopes and purchased bread, milk
    and fruit with that. I had no freezer and it worked well, I stayed at the
    same weight for a long time doing it that way, I also bought canned fruit so
    I had that at least twice a week, good luck, Lee
    B Sneap <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to
    > excersise due to long hours at work although i do about 10 min a day on excersise bike
    >
    > daily food intake what i been eating: MONDAY EXAMPLE
    >
    > breakfast: slimfast strawberry shake 217cal Lunch : slimfast choc shake 217cal
    >
    > Dinner :100g of ovenchips sainsburys be good to yourself low fat 112 cal, 2 bbq chicken gridders
    > 210 cal,2 pieces of weight watchers bread 94cal, a few chicken dippers 50 cal = total of 460cal
    > ish on average.
    >
    > daily : 1100 ish + after snacks and drinks
    >
    > SNACKS consist of: Cheesy strings 69cal tescos toffee cake slices 75cal weight watchers desserts
    > 165cal 3 points slimfast snack bar 91cal banana 100cal
    >
    > example meals MAIN MEALS : Weight watchers ocean pie and 100g of crispy potateos =450cal weight
    > watchers curry and potateos = 450 +dessert yogurt or somin weight watchers lasagna and potateos =
    > 450 + dessert yog or somin 100g low fat chips , 5 chicken dippers, 2
    slices
    > bread and pro active butter =450
    >
    > all my lunch and breakfasts are a slimfast shake and my main meal is about 500 cal each night with
    > a snak DRINKS flavoured pink grapefruit water pure orange juice Actimel strawberry
    >
    > I Dont eat choc, sweets, crisps, drink coke, iv had no alcohol, dont smoke my basic calorie intake
    > is 1200 a day including snaks
    >
    > my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a little, as the
    weight
    > watchers meals have brocoli and veg in them and i dont mind tht to much, plus my buget is
    > very,limited to 60,00 a month 30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook
    > it. im very fussy on food, i aint keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like
    that.
    > and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im tired and want to
    sleep
    > and its late, and i start early morning and work on a checkout so i get no excersie :((( i im
    > doing my shop on friday for the month and need to loose weight and i
    only
    > got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    >
    > i need advice, if anyone has any good advice.
    >
    > becky

  9. I loved your post, great ideas. I have nothing against slimfast, use it
    when we are traveling or in a hurry but I do not really like drinking my
    points. I was also thinking the oposter could make that batch of soup from
    on sale fresh vegetables and freeze for later use, easy and helps with the
    once a month issue, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    >
    > Put the whole lot into a plastic bag and shake about until the chicken is coated: tip out onto a
    > baking sheet and bake in a hot oven for about 20 mins. Eat with chunky cut vegetables such as
    > carrots, celery and peppers. You can use a WW salsa as a dipping sauce, or a little low fat mayo.
    >
    > I think (and this is just my personal take) that what you need to do is wean yourself off so much
    > expensive pre-packages, manufactured food, and on to healthier home prepared low fat simple
    > versions of the things you like. Yes, it DOES take a little more planning and a little more time,
    > but this is something you may need to do to get the results you want. Relying on the slimfast type
    > thing does not teach you good habits you can keep to for the rest of your life. If I sound a bit
    > teachery here, sorry, but that's what I was in a former life.

  10. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Miss Violette wrote:

    > I loved your post, great ideas. I have nothing against slimfast, use it when we are traveling or
    > in a hurry but I do not really like drinking my points. I was also thinking the oposter could make
    > that batch of soup from on sale fresh vegetables and freeze for later use, easy and helps with the
    > once a month issue, Lee

    My problem with Slimfast and similar products is the sugar and salt content (waaaaay too high for me
    - and think what that does to the water retention levels!), and they taste disgusting! I'd rather
    have plain dry bread and a glass of water. In fact, when on the run on a journey, I have been known
    to grab a couple of fresh rolls from the baker and a bottle of water, and just have that.

    Occasionally, when energy levels are really low, I'll opt for a doughnut, but not more than two or
    three times a year!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    >My problem with Slimfast and similar products is the sugar and salt content (waaaaay too high for
    >me - and think what that does to the water retention levels!), and they taste disgusting!

    I agree with all that, especially the taste. They are convenient though. My main problem is not with
    slimfast or WW per se, but with a diet that is almost entirely slimfast/ww. That can't be good even
    slimfast don't advocate that.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  12. I do like some of the canned shakes and some of the snack bars, I have no
    trouble stopping after one, I get car sick with extreme regularity so
    drinking my food makes the whole process easier, Lee, trying not to be too
    graphic
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Miss Violette wrote:
    >
    > > I loved your post, great ideas. I have nothing against slimfast, use it when we are traveling or
    > > in a hurry but I do not really like drinking my points. I was also thinking the oposter could
    > > make that batch of soup
    from
    > > on sale fresh vegetables and freeze for later use, easy and helps with
    the
    > > once a month issue, Lee
    >
    > My problem with Slimfast and similar products is the sugar and salt
    content
    > (waaaaay too high for me - and think what that does to the water retention levels!), and they
    > taste disgusting! I'd rather have plain dry bread and
    > glass of water. In fact, when on the run on a journey, I have been known
    > grab a couple of fresh rolls from the baker and a bottle of water, and
    just have
    > that.
    >
    > Occasionally, when energy levels are really low, I'll opt for a doughnut,
    but
    > not more than two or three times a year!
    >

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  13. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    This really made me wonder... here in Belgium everyone gets paid once a month and
    I didn't realise it was done differently elsewhere. Anyway, imagine if we all
    only went shopping once a month! I do my groceries once or twice a week and try
    to stay on budget. I would feel very uncomfortable spending all my money at the
    beginning of the month and then have no money and eat "un-fresh" food and
    packaged food full of sodium for the rest of the month. It 's perfectly possible
    to eat good and fresh food while on a restricted budget. By the way, those shakes
    and WW snacks are often more expensive than fruit or veggies...
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Just because you get paid once a month doesn't mean you have to go
    shopping
    > only once a month. I used to live by myself and get paid once a month,
    and
    > yet I still managed to buy fresh fruit and veg every week. It all comes down to
    > budget. If you stopped spending so much on slimfast, bought some breakfast
    > cereal, milk, and fresh stuff for lunches you'd get a lot more variety. I find
    > that when I eat a larger variety of food my weightloss is much better.
    >
    > --
    > Julie.
    > 93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
    > 205.7/159./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb
    >
    > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    >
    > "B Sneap" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > win...
    > > how wat like, many fresh food dosnt last for 4 weeks, i get paid once
    > every
    > > 4 weeks and have no income wot soever during that. and live on my own,
    so
    > > need frozen foods :S fruit dosnt last 4 weeks, and fridge stuff.
    > >
    > > what else is there to buy, i struggle with my weekly milk and bread :(
    so
    > > making sandwiches for lunch andmy luch meal is the hardest and breakfast
    > > thats why i chose slimfast cos its a easy shake, then all i got to worry
    > > about is my meal which is frozen and will keep for 4 weeks.. its not easy
    > >
    > > "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > about
    > > >
    > > > Some time ago we had a post from a lady who was a working single mum. She
    > > > wanted to lose weight and was trying to find ways in which to get along to
    > > > WW despite the problems she faced. I thought that was brilliant and I think
    > > > she will be very successful.
    > > >
    > > > This post is quite the opposite. You are making up reasons why you can't do
    > > > the right things. You are a fussy eater - yet you eat slimfast You don't
    > > > have any money - yet you eat slimfast and WW meals which must cost you far
    > > > more than fresh stuff You want low calories - yet you waste half your
    > > > calories each day on snacks and deserts.

    > > weight
    > much,
    like
    > > that.
    > > sleep
    > > no
    > > only

    > > > Eat your BMR - 500 calories each day
    > > > http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html exercise more
    > > > http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
    > > >
    > > > Stop buying slimfast and WW and buy some fresh food.
    > > >
    > > > Stop making excuses and start making changes.
    > > >
    > > > Ray
    > > > --
    > > > rmnsuk
    > > > 273/202/182

  14. Hi, Nathalie, Good point, I think eating healthy can
    save money.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/133.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
> [...]
    > > > how wat like, many fresh food dosnt last for 4 weeks,
    > > > i get paid once
    > > every
    > > > 4 weeks and have no income wot soever during that. and
    > > > live on my own,
    > so
    > > > need frozen foods :S fruit dosnt last 4 weeks, and
    > > > fridge stuff.
    > > >
    > > > what else is there to buy, i struggle with my weekly
    > > > milk and bread :(
    > so
    > > > making sandwiches for lunch andmy luch meal is the
    > > > hardest and
    breakfast
    > > > thats why i chose slimfast cos its a easy shake, then
    > > > all i got to
    worry
    > > > about is my meal which is frozen and will keep for 4
    > > > weeks.. its not easy
    > > >
    > > > "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in

    do
    > > > about

    mum.
    get

    the
    > > > weight
    > > much,
    slimfast
    > on
    > like
    > > > that.
    > > > sleep
    > get
    > > > no
    and
    > > > only

  15. B Sneap

    B Sneap Guest

    in therory tho.. a slimfat power mix is only £4.72 and will
    do me 12 meals its not that expensive!

    plus tescos own powdermix is £3.98 for 12 meals, tescos is
    higher protein and less fat and less carbs too.

    down in england it is rather more expensive than america. my
    4 week supply of tescos alternative to slimfast only costs
    £16.00 for 48 meals for breakfast and lunch, then all i need
    to buy is my meal, and a little fruit ,for snaks, which
    would be, big bag of pasta/ rice, few sauces, bags of frozen
    low fat chips, some chicken breasts, meat, bit of veg etc,,
    its not as expensive as u think really

    to think a 4 week supply of breakfast and luch everyday,
    would cost more than 16.00

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I used to buy my food once a month, I figured out my
    > menus. I bought
    canned
    > vegetables first to make sure I had two cans of those each
    > day, then I bought canned tuna and canned beef and yes at
    > that time spam as well. I divided the rest of my money
    > into three envelopes and purchased bread,
    milk
    > and fruit with that. I had no freezer and it worked well,
    > I stayed at the same weight for a long time doing it that
    > way, I also bought canned fruit
    so
    > I had that at least twice a week, good luck, Lee B Sneap
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > win...
    > > im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been
    > > 12,12 for 3 weeks i aint got time to excersise due to
    > > long hours at work although i do
    about
    > > 10 min a day on excersise bike
    > >
    > > daily food intake what i been eating: MONDAY EXAMPLE
    > >
    > > breakfast: slimfast strawberry shake 217cal Lunch :
    > > slimfast choc shake 217cal
    > >
    > > Dinner :100g of ovenchips sainsburys be good to yourself
    > > low fat 112
    cal,
    > > 2 bbq chicken gridders 210 cal,2 pieces of weight
    > > watchers bread 94cal,
    > > few chicken dippers 50 cal = total of 460cal ish on
    > > average.
    > >
    > > daily : 1100 ish + after snacks and drinks
    > >
    > > SNACKS consist of: Cheesy strings 69cal tescos toffee
    > > cake slices 75cal weight watchers desserts 165cal 3
    > > points slimfast snack bar 91cal banana 100cal
    > >
    > > example meals MAIN MEALS : Weight watchers ocean pie and
    > > 100g of crispy potateos
    =450cal
    > > weight watchers curry and
    > > potateos = 450 +dessert
    > > yogurt or somin weight
    > > watchers lasagna and
    > > potateos = 450 + dessert yog
    > > or somin 100g low fat chips
    > > , 5 chicken dippers, 2
    > slices
    > > bread and pro active butter =450
    > >
    > > all my lunch and breakfasts are a slimfast shake and my
    > > main meal is
    about
    > > 500 cal each night with a snak DRINKS flavoured pink
    > > grapefruit water pure orange juice Actimel strawberry
    > >
    > > I Dont eat choc, sweets, crisps, drink coke, iv had no
    > > alcohol, dont
    smoke
    > > my basic calorie intake is 1200 a day including snaks
    > >
    > > my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a
    > > little, as the
    > weight
    > > watchers meals have brocoli and veg in them and i dont
    > > mind tht to much, plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00
    > > a month 30.00 on me slimfast on shopping so i cant buy
    > > fancy food and cook it. im very fussy on food, i aint
    > > keen on veg,beans,seafood, anything like
    > that.
    > > and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im
    > > tired and want to
    > sleep
    > > and its late, and i start early morning and work on a
    > > checkout so i get
    no
    > > excersie :((( i im doing my shop on friday for the month
    > > and need to loose weight and i
    > only
    > > got 40.00 to spend as im poor :(
    > >
    > > i need advice, if anyone has any good advice.
    > >
    > > becky

  16. In the end, all you can do is read the advice and make the best decision for
    you. You are ultimately the one in charge. Good luck, Lee
    B Sneap <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > in therory tho.. a slimfat power mix is only £4.72 and
    > will do me 12 meals its not that expensive!
    >
    > plus tescos own powdermix is £3.98 for 12 meals, tescos is
    > higher protein and less fat and less carbs too.
    >
    > down in england it is rather more expensive than america.
    > my 4 week
    supply
    > of tescos alternative to slimfast only costs £16.00 for 48
    > meals for breakfast and lunch, then all i need to buy is
    > my meal, and a little fruit ,for snaks, which would be,
    > big bag of pasta/ rice, few sauces, bags of frozen low fat
    > chips, some chicken breasts, meat, bit of veg etc,, its
    > not as expensive as u think really
    >
    > to think a 4 week supply of breakfast and luch everyday,
    > would cost more than 16.00
    >

    > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I used to buy my food once a month, I figured out my
    > > menus. I bought
    > canned
    > > vegetables first to make sure I had two cans of those
    > > each day, then I bought canned tuna and canned beef and
    > > yes at that time spam as well. I divided the rest of my
    > > money into three envelopes and purchased bread,
    > milk
    > > and fruit with that. I had no freezer and it worked
    > > well, I stayed at
    the
    > > same weight for a long time doing it that way, I also
    > > bought canned
    fruit
    > so
    > > I had that at least twice a week, good luck, Lee B Sneap
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > > win...
    > > > im stuck on the same weight and it wont budge it been
    > > > 12,12 for 3
    weeks
    > > > i aint got time to excersise due to long hours at work
    > > > although i do
    > about
    > > > 10 min a day on excersise bike
    > > >
    > > > daily food intake what i been eating: MONDAY EXAMPLE
    > > >
    > > > breakfast: slimfast strawberry shake 217cal Lunch :
    > > > slimfast choc shake 217cal
    > > >
    > > > Dinner :100g of ovenchips sainsburys be good to
    > > > yourself low fat 112
    > cal,
    > > > 2 bbq chicken gridders 210 cal,2 pieces of weight
    > > > watchers bread
    94cal,

    +
    > > > dessert yog or somin 100g low fat chips , 5 chicken
    > > > dippers, 2
    > > slices
    > > > bread and pro active butter =450
    > > >
    > > > all my lunch and breakfasts are a slimfast shake and
    > > > my main meal is
    > about
    > > > 500 cal each night with a snak DRINKS flavoured pink
    > > > grapefruit water pure orange juice Actimel strawberry
    > > >
    > > > I Dont eat choc, sweets, crisps, drink coke, iv had no
    > > > alcohol, dont
    > smoke
    > > > my basic calorie intake is 1200 a day including snaks
    > > >
    > > > my difficualty is veg and fruit but i am expanding a
    > > > little, as the
    > > weight
    > > > watchers meals have brocoli and veg in them and i dont
    > > > mind tht to
    much,
    > > > plus my buget is very,limited to 60,00 a month 30.00
    > > > on me slimfast
    on
    > > > shopping so i cant buy fancy food and cook it. im very
    > > > fussy on food, i aint keen on veg,beans,seafood,
    > > > anything like
    > > that.
    > > > and excersise is a prob as by the time i get home im
    > > > tired and want to
    > > sleep
    > > > and its late, and i start early morning and work on a
    > > > checkout so i
    get