Platform pedal suggestions.

David

Guest
On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.

I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength.
I would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but
also not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the
seat post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
concentrate on the pedals.

Thanks,

Dave

--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious

David wrote:
> On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
> aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
> as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
> through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.
>
> I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength. I
> would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but also
> not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the seat
> post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
> concentrate on the pedals.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

I seem to recall having a pair of magnesium flats in my past. Don't
know the brand, but they were light as a feather.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Per Ride-A-Lot:
>I seem to recall having a pair of magnesium flats in my past. Don't
>know the brand, but they were light as a feather.

Mine are by Haro. Kind of a greenish cast to them. I don't do jumps/drops, but
I do weigh 220 and keep on trying to learn to bunnyhop...which must be good for
something demolition-wise bc I managed to break one crank on the bike that has
them No problem with the pedals though. Also, as I recall, the MSRP price
was pretty good.
--
PeteCresswell

David said:
On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
>aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
>as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
>through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.
>
>I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength.
>I would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but
>also not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the
>seat post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
>concentrate on the pedals.
>
>.Thanks,
>
>Dave

Check out the Sun/Rinlge' mag options. I've been using some cheap Primo pedals and recently was given some of the new Ringle' mag pedals. Sturdy so far (I'm solidly in the clydesdale class).

Kraig...

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:xxiFd.630$%[email protected]...
> On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
> aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
> as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
> through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.
>
> I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength.
> I would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but
> also not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the
> seat post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
> concentrate on the pedals.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Shimano MX-30's (New DX pedal) seem a good balance between weight and
strength. They offer good grip as well.

Steve.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:31:20 -0500, David wrote:

> On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
> aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
> as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
> through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.

The DMR V12 Mag Pedals, magnesium body with titanium axle! Weighs in at
359g

http://www.dmrbikes.com/products/v12mag.html

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

"Matthew Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:31:20 -0500, David wrote:
>
> > On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
> > aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
> > as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
> > through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.

> The DMR V12 Mag Pedals, magnesium body with titanium axle! Weighs in at
> 359g
>
> http://www.dmrbikes.com/products/v12mag.html
>
> --
> Matt

Not a big fan of titanium for pedal axles over here, they have a habit of
snapping. Ti is 2/3 the strength of steel so when you use it in an
application where more material cannot be added it just doesn't make sense.

Steve.

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:xxiFd.630$%[email protected]...
> On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
> aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
> as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
> through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.
>
> I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength.
> I would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but
> also not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the
> seat post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
> concentrate on the pedals.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> David R Marlborough
> DJ Mackelicious
> http://walkingwounded.blogspot.com/

Azonic Fusion are cheap and light. They are not sealed as advertised so
they do have to be maintained. Works for me.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/11...65-Pedals/Azonic-Fusion-Magnesium-Pedals-.htm

you said:

>On my free ride rig I currently run a pair Azonic platforms made of
>aluminum. I originally grabbed them because they were bot only strong
>as hell but jet black with a powder finish. This spring I want to run
>through this rig and try and shave some grams where I can.
>
>I am a bigger rider and I usually choose components more for strength.
>I would like some suggestions on platform pedals that are strong but
>also not too heavy. Besides, the pedals I think I am looking at the
>seat post and handle bars as well for upgrades but for now I want to
>concentrate on the pedals.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave

I've been using DK Iron Cross Magnesium platforms for the past 2 years
with no problems. The pins are grippy, with just the right amount of
flesh ripping capabilities for the less sure footed ;)

Dave