Platform pedals always feel like they have a bent spindle

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rex Kerr, May 9, 2008.

  1. Rex Kerr

    Rex Kerr Guest

    Does anybody else have this sensation?

    Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
    like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
    pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
    having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
    I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
    use) without such a sensation.

    Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
    which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
    it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :)

    Am I all alone on this? :)

    --
    Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
    One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.

    Tags:

  2. landotter

    landotter Guest

    On May 9, 6:47 pm, Rex Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Does anybody else have this sensation?
    >
    > Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
    > like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
    > pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
    > having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
    > I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
    > use) without such a sensation.
    >
    > Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
    > which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
    > it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :)

    Sounds like you need a proper Saville Row shoe with a stiff sole!