Platform pedals always feel like they have a bent spindle

Rex Kerr

Guest
Does anybody else have this sensation?

Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
use) without such a sensation.

Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :)

Am I all alone on this? :)

--
Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.

On May 9, 6:47 pm, Rex Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anybody else have this sensation?
>
> Any bike that I ride with platform pedals (as opposed to clipless) feels
> like it has a bent pedal spindle... doesn't matter whose bike, or which
> pedals, it just always feels that way. I don't think that it's from
> having become accustomed to a bent spindle on my regular pedals because
> I can switch between various pairs of clipless pedals (frogs are what I
> use) without such a sensation.
>
> Perhaps it's somehow related to the reason why I switched to Frogs,
> which is because I could never seem to get my cleat alignment such that
> it wouldn't bother my knees? Maybe I just have funky legs. :)

Sounds like you need a proper Saville Row shoe with a stiff sole!