Play in integrated headset

Chuck731

Nov 15, 2005
How do you adjust a integrated headset to eliminate a small amount of play? While building up my bike, I noticed my steer has a small amount of fore-aft play that I can't rid of. How so you adjust a integrated headset?

Chuck731 said:
How do you adjust a integrated headset to eliminate a small amount of play? While building up my bike, I noticed my steer has a small amount of fore-aft play that I can't rid of. How so you adjust a integrated headset?

Just like a regular (non-int) headset, nothing special about it.

Chuck731 said:

If the steerer tube is carbon the installation requires a compression plug instead of the traditional star nut in the steerer tube and the install/adj are a little different. If standard alum then it is the same adj as any headset.

good luck! :)

Okay, I didn't tighten the little 3-piece expansion thingy enough, that must be why tightening the top hex bolt didn't do anything to relieve the looseness.

Somehow I had thought the little expansion thing was just to keep the carbon steer from being crushed by the stem.

Chuck731 said:
Okay, I didn't tighten the little 3-piece expansion thingy enough, that must be why tightening the top hex bolt didn't do anything to relieve the looseness.

Somehow I had thought the little expansion thing was just to keep the carbon steer from being crushed by the stem.

Great, sounds like you got it adj....I ran into the exact issue when installing my carbon steerer... :D