General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

playing with a twistie-tie

Started by Mark Miller · · Last activity · 2 posts · 788 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 September 2003
Last activity
15 September 2003
Original author
Mark Miller
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
788
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. If you shape a twistie-tie like a flattened out "W", did you know you can balance that thing on the
    edge of a piece of paper? Of course the flatter you make it, the more difficult it is to balance.
    But even with a slight bend, it balances MUCH better than with it flattened completely. In fact, I
    didn't even have to spend any time at all thinking about how to balance it. It seemed to balance on
    it's own. Where have I seen that flattened-out "W" profile before?

    Ok Larry. Since you indulged me a couple years back on my "tied-ankle" drill, I figure I owe you
    some ratios on the kicking vs. full-stroke. (I hate wearing a watch in the pool, and for kicking
    sets a calendar would be a more appropriate measurement device.) Report to follow.

    -- Mark

  2. From: "Mark Miller" <another of his interesting "Mr. Wizard" type experiments snipped, but not
    forgotten>

    The immortal Mark Miller, discoverer of "Miller Torque," and one of my true swimming heroes.

    Thank you, once again, for your exceptional contribution, which was certainly a breakthrough
    in my own understanding, and, eventually, I think, to the understanding of the swimming
    community at large.

    I'll look forward to trying the "twistie-tie" exercise and to learning of your kick/swim ratios.

    Larry Weisenthal

    Certitude is poison; curiosity is life

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.