Plazmatic Spanish Fly Pads for MUni?

teachndad wrote:
> *Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Plazmatic Spanish Fly Pads for
> Muni?
>
> They can be seen here
> http://trialsin.com/sell/pieces/pframe.htm
>
> The description mentions similar to MOnty Milk pads. Not sure how
> those are as well? *

These pads are designed for trials only, where the objective is to lock
up the wheel solid for hopping and such.

They are very soft and, I would imagine, would wear rapidly on the
trail, not to mention probably being too grippy to use effectively for
typical DH braking.

I do not have experience with them; this is information gleaned from
reading and conversations.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

I wouldnt recomend the spanish fly pads. Like uturn said they are trials
pads that are designed to lock your wheel and have very little
modulation.

I would try to find some Magaura pads they have a few different types
depending on riding style

http://www.cambriabike.com/brakes/brkpad.htm

I currently am using the Black pads

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

My circus train pulls throught the night, full of lions and trapize
artists, I'm done with elephants and clowns, I want to runaway and join
the office.
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

thanks guys for the responses.

Dave had already suggested the black to me as some others had via email.
I had read in another thread where there was a reference to some clear
pads that Kris Holm was using. I thought these might be them. I like
the black pads I have on it right now. They have worked really well.
They are worn and need to be replaced. I thought the milk pads might
be something to look into. Right now, I just want to get them replaced
ASAP.

Checkernuts,

Thanks for the link to Cambriabikes. I need to order some new non-
magura pads for my 29er as well. Might as well kill two brakes with one
stone.

--
teachndad - The Munieer

Rod Wylie