pleasant story

~~~~~How the tricycle got so big~~~~~

Once upon a time in a land not so far away there lived a community of
people that had so much money that they could afford big cars, big
houses, and just about any thing they wanted.

By and by there slowly came an awareness that their big cars and big
houses used so much fuel that the air that every body used for
breathing deep and feeling good and growing food, was getting hotter
and hotter and was going to get so hot that all the ice in the world
would melt and flood all the land near the oceans.

So this community of people thought about it and wondered what to do.
One person said they could ride bicycles instead of driving cars. But
another person said, "How can I possibly carry all my groceries home
from the market on a bicycle" and on other said " I can't possibly
carry all my tools and building materials on bikes".

So they thought about this for a while and finally said they could
build a big tricycle with low gears for the hills.

Well building a big tricycle was one thing but pedaling it up big
hills with all their groceries and all their sweet little children was
another matter that most people just didn't want to do because it was
hard work and very slow.

After using small electric motors to help them up the hill, most of
the kind hearted people of this wonderfully delightful town, decided
to slow down their lives and build more leg muscle so they wouldn't
have to pay for electricity. Yet some thought they could use solar
electric panels to charge their batteries. But after all even that
costs quite a bit of money, and environmental manipulation.

Well slowly slowly people became aware that the status quo could not
be maintained and to save their beautiful little world they would all
have to change their life styles. So these kind hearted little people
prayed for a miracle, the kind of miracle that only they could make
happen them self's.

[email protected] wrote:

> So this community of people thought about it and wondered what to do.
> One person said they could ride bicycles instead of driving cars. But
> another person said, "How can I possibly carry all my groceries home
> from the market on a bicycle" and on other said " I can't possibly
> carry all my tools and building materials on bikes".

And then someone invented the cargo bike!

http://www.bakfiets.nl/eng/
http://www.personal.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/8f-sofa.jpg

> Well building a big tricycle was one thing but pedaling it up big
> hills with all their groceries and all their sweet little children was
> another matter that most people just didn't want to do because it was
> hard work and very slow.

And that was terrible, because it left them no time to drive to the gym
for their exercise! ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK